White Bean Chicken Chili is a hearty, comforting dish that’s perfect for chilly nights. This delicious recipe comes from the Pioneer Woman, and it’s a crowd-pleaser that’s easy to make. With tender chunks of chicken, creamy white beans, and a flavorful broth, this chili is packed with protein and flavor. The Pioneer Woman’s recipe is full of spices like cumin, oregano, and chili powder, which give it a warm, smoky flavor.
The dish is finished off with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and a squeeze of lime juice for a bright, tangy finish. This White Bean Chicken Chili is sure to become a family favorite, and it’s a great way to warm up on a chilly day.
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Green Bean Casserole With Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Ham And Beans Pioneer Woman
- Bobby Flay Green Beans Recipe
There are many reasons to love this White Bean Chicken Chili from the Pioneer Woman. Here are just a few:
- It’s easy to make: The recipe is straightforward and doesn’t require any complex techniques, so even beginner cooks can make it.
- It’s filling and satisfying: This chili is packed with protein and fiber from the white beans and chicken, so it’s a filling and satisfying meal that will keep you full for hours.
- It’s full of flavor: The Pioneer Woman’s recipe includes a variety of spices and seasonings that give the chili a warm, smoky flavor that’s both comforting and delicious.
- It’s versatile: This chili can be customized to your liking by adjusting the spice level or adding extra toppings like avocado, cheese, or tortilla chips.
- It’s perfect for sharing: This recipe makes a big batch of chili, so it’s a great option for feeding a crowd or meal prepping for the week ahead.
What Is White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Recipe?
Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish made with chicken breasts that are pounded thin, lightly breaded, and pan-fried, then served with a sauce made from lemon juice, butter, capers, and white wine. The Pioneer Woman’s version of chicken piccata is particularly delicious and easy to follow, and it’s a great recipe to try at home.
This simple and delicious chicken piccata recipe is perfect for a family dinner or dinner party. It can be served over pasta or rice, or paired with a variety of sides like roasted vegetables, salad, or garlic bread.
White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cans (15.5 ounces each) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
How To Make White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, green chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the white beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and simmer for an additional 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
Here are some tips to help you make the best White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman:
What Sides Goes With White Bean Chicken Chili?
There are several sides that go well with White Bean Chicken Chili. Here are a few options:
- Cornbread: Cornbread is a classic side that pairs well with chili. It adds a sweet and savory flavor that complements the heat of the chili.
- Tortilla chips: Serve tortilla chips on the side for some crunch and texture. You can also crush them up and sprinkle them on top of the chili for some added texture.
- Avocado: Sliced avocado is a great addition to the chili. It adds a creaminess that balances out the heat.
- Sour cream: A dollop of sour cream on top of the chili can help cut through the heat and add some richness.
- Salad: A simple side salad can provide a refreshing contrast to the spiciness of the chili. Consider using fresh greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and a simple vinaigrette dressing.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables, such as carrots, bell peppers, and zucchini, are a nutritious and flavorful side that can complement the flavors of the chili.
What Is The Best Way To Store White Bean Chicken Chili?
To store White Bean Chicken Chili, let it cool down to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container. You can keep it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When storing the chili, it’s important to cool it down quickly to prevent bacteria growth. If you have a large batch of hot chili, you can divide it into smaller portions and place them in a shallow container or bowl to speed up the cooling process. Once it has cooled down, transfer it to an airtight container.
There are several ways to heat up White Bean Chicken Chili:
- Stove top: Transfer the chili to a pot and heat it up on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally until it’s heated through. This method allows for more even heating and can help the flavors meld together.
- Microwave: Transfer the chili to a microwave-safe bowl and heat it up in the microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring after each minute until it’s heated through.
- Slow cooker: If you have leftover chili, you can reheat it in a slow cooker on low heat for a few hours until it’s heated through.
No matter which method you choose, it’s important to stir the chili occasionally to ensure even heating. If the chili is too thick after being refrigerated or frozen, you can add a little bit of chicken broth or water to help thin it out.
What kind of beans are used in White Bean Chicken Chili?
White beans, such as cannellini or Great Northern beans, are typically used in White Bean Chicken Chili.
Can I make White Bean Chicken Chili in a slow cooker?
Yes, White Bean Chicken Chili can be made in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Can I use rotisserie chicken in White Bean Chicken Chili?
Yes, rotisserie chicken is a quick and easy shortcut for making White Bean Chicken Chili. Simply shred the chicken and add it to the chili during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Can I make White Bean Chicken Chili spicy?
Yes, you can make White Bean Chicken Chili as spicy as you like by adding more chili powder, cayenne pepper, or diced jalapenos.
How do I thicken White Bean Chicken Chili?
To thicken White Bean Chicken Chili, you can use a potato masher to mash some of the beans, or add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the chili and cook for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Pioneer Woman Pinto Beans Slow Cooker
- Bill Miller Green Bean Recipe
- Joanna Gaines Green Bean Casserole
White Bean Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 474
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 824mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 33g
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 17%
- Calcium: 10%
- Iron: 28%