This Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe is perfect for a simple and fast lunch or appetizer that gives the impression of being elegant. You can also check those Shrimp Appetizers.
This is an excellent dish for a weekday supper as well as for use while entertaining guests because it just takes a few minutes to boil the shrimp to perfection with the garlic butter spice.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why This Recipe Is Perfect:
- Easy: Making a wonderful shrimp supper for you and your family couldn’t be easier. There are several possibilities for serving it when it comes to side dishes.
- Delicious: This TGI Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe is full of flavor and will please your taste buds. Each mouthful delivers perfectly delicate and juicy shrimp.
- Healthy: This Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe is created with only a few basic ingredients and is low in fat and carbohydrates and high in protein.
How Do I Prepare Shrimp?
Use shrimp that has been peeled and deveined for a fast supper. Preparation time will be greatly reduced for a small additional expense. Using shrimp that must be deveined before cooking necessitates additional processes.
- Defrost the shrimp in the refrigerator overnight in a basin of cold water.
- After thawing, you have the option of briefly soaking the shrimp in salt water to revive them.
- Make sure to remove any shrimp that seem slimy or discolored from the pot.
- After removing the legs, continue drawing back the shell until the tail comes out of the way.
- Remove the black vein by slicing down the shrimp’s back. Slide a toothpick underneath the vein and pull it up and out to make removal easier.
- Until you’re ready to use them, let the shrimp soak in cold water.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
This Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe is elevated to a new level because of this garlic butter sauce. As a result, feel free to go crazy with the butter and garlic. Here and on the recipe card below are the ingredients:
- Olive oil — Olive oil is my favorite, but you may use any other neutral oil you choose.
- Shrimp — raw, peeled, and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Garlic — I prefer to mince my own garlic rather than purchase pre-minced garlic.
- Butter — Grass-fed unsalted butter is the best option. Whole30 dieters can use Ghee in place of butter.
- Italian seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon — or more, to your liking A seafood meal is never complete without citrus since it enhances the flavor.
- Fresh parsley — or the herb of your choosing Cilantro and basil also work nicely.
- Optional: For more heat, sprinkle over a few pinches of red pepper flakes. Add some onion powder if you’d like. The garlic butter sauce on its own is already tasty enough for me, with only a pinch of salt and pepper.
How Do You Make Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp With Raw Shrimp?
- Thaw the shrimp fully in the fridge before cooking.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp until they are pink and opaque. It should only take four to five minutes to completely cook the shrimp, depending on their size.
- Optionally, before serving, squeeze some lime or lemon juice. Overcooking occurs when the shrimp turn white. Overcooked shrimp will be rubbery, so don’t overcook them.
Is Shrimp A Good Way To Lose Weight?
Shrimp is a great source of lean protein and is low in calories and fat. You can get plenty of selenium and vitamin D with a serving of this dish. It’s a great source of energy since it contains a wide variety of B vitamins.
In addition to its ability to decrease harmful cholesterol, shrimp has no carbohydrates. This means it’s perfect for low-carb meals like my Garlic Shrimp and Veggies Meal Prep Bowls, whether you’re doing Whole30 or not.
How To Make TGI Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the meat is pink. Don’t forget to stir from time to time. Place aside.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 1 minute after adding the garlic to the pan. Combine the butter, Italian seasoning, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the prawns and gently mix everything together. Cook for 1 minute more.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
What Goes Well With Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp?
To make this Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe a comprehensive meal as well as a light dinner, it necessitates the addition of several side dishes. With the shrimp, try any of the following:
- Ruth’s Chris Corn Pudding
- Roasted asparagus
- Baked Rigatoni Cheesecake Factory
- Tacos (Think about delicious shrimp tacos)
- Ina Garten Breakfast Casserole
- Salad (I love shrimp salad)
- Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad
- Tomato salad
- Joanna Gaines Fatayer
- Carrot Quinoa Salad
- Hoyt’s Kitchen Chicken And Dumplings
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- Redondo Beach Shrimp Fajitas
- Fried rice or cauliflower fried rice
How Long Can I Store Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp?
While this Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe may be kept in the refrigerator for up to three days, it can also be frozen after being cooked and cooled.
On the stove over low heat, you may reheat your Tgi Friday Skillet Garlic Shrimp. Before reheating, defrost it if it has been frozen. It is not recommended to microwave shrimp.
Shrimp: Fresh Or Frozen? Which Is Preferable?
Shrimp, whether it is raw or frozen, is an excellent source of protein. Wild-caught shrimp, on the other hand, are favored since they are instantly frozen after being caught.
Even if you’re trying to save money, frozen shrimp is less expensive than fresh. Fresh shrimp should have firm shells; if the shells are mushy or slippery, avoid the shrimp.
How Can I Defrost Shrimp Quickly?
It’s okay if you forgot to put the shrimp in the fridge to defrost overnight. By placing the frozen shrimp in a dish or colander, you may quickly defrost it.
To defrost the shrimp evenly, pour cold water over it for 5 to 10 minutes and shake it a few times. If your shrimp are larger, it will take longer to cook. Shrimp of all sizes defrost significantly faster than larger ones.
What Skillet Should I Use For This Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe?
For this Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Recipe, I like a cast-iron skillet, although a nonstick pan would do just fine. Cast-iron pans sear shrimp better, in my opinion.
Tgi Fridays Skillet Garlic Shrimp Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Try More Recipes:
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 1070
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 58g90%
- Saturated Fat 19g95%
- Cholesterol 100mg34%
- Sodium 1730mg73%
- Potassium 88mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 1g1%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 49g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.