You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for a tasty and calming treat to enjoy with your afternoon tea. If you’re looking for a great recipe, go no further than Jamie Oliver’s Tea Loaf! This loaf is simple to create and brimming with flavor because to the combination of dried fruit, tea, and brown sugar in its ingredients. For a cozier and more pleasant snack, serve it warm with a cup of tea on the side.
The recipe for Jamie Oliver’s Tea Loaf will be dissected in great detail in this piece, and we will also go over some helpful hints for ensuring that it turns out perfectly every time.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk
- Jamie Oliver Chicken And Sweetcorn Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Tea Loaf Recipe Jamie Oliver
- It’s easy to make: This tea loaf recipe is simple and straightforward, even for novice bakers. The steps are easy to follow, and the ingredients are readily available.
- It’s a comforting treat: There’s nothing quite like a slice of warm, fragrant tea loaf to soothe the soul on a chilly day. The combination of fruit, spices, and tea creates a deliciously comforting flavor.
- It’s versatile: This tea loaf can be enjoyed at any time of day, from breakfast to dessert. It pairs well with a cup of tea or coffee, and can even be served with a dollop of cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- It’s a healthier option: This recipe uses natural ingredients, such as honey and wholemeal flour, making it a healthier option compared to many other baked goods. It’s also a great way to sneak in some extra fruit into your diet.
- It’s customizable: You can easily customize this recipe to suit your taste preferences. Add in your favorite dried fruits, nuts, or spices, or swap out the tea for a different flavor.
What Is Tea Loaf Recipe Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Tea loaf is a classic British recipe that is often served as an afternoon snack or with a cup of tea. Jamie Oliver’s tea loaf recipe is a delicious twist on the traditional recipe, featuring a combination of dried fruits and tea-infused wholemeal flour for a rich, fruity flavor.
Jamie Oliver’s tea loaf recipe is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy a classic British treat, and is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- 225g mixed dried fruit
- 300ml hot, strong tea
- 85g honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 225g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
🔪How To Make Tea Loaf Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Place the dried fruit in a bowl and pour the hot tea over it. Stir in the honey and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg to the bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and mixed spice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Use a good quality tea: The tea you use in this recipe will greatly affect the flavor of the loaf. Choose a strong, flavorful tea such as English breakfast, Earl Grey, or Assam.
- Soak the fruit well: Make sure to soak the dried fruit in the hot tea for at least 15-20 minutes. This will ensure that the fruit is plump and juicy, and will also help to infuse the tea flavor throughout the loaf.
- Use wholemeal flour: Wholemeal flour is a healthier option compared to white flour, and it also adds a nutty flavor and texture to the loaf.
- Add extra flavorings: This recipe is highly customizable, so feel free to add in your favorite spices, nuts, or dried fruits to make it your own.
- Check the loaf regularly: Keep an eye on the loaf while it’s baking to make sure it doesn’t overcook. Check it with a skewer or toothpick to see if it’s done before removing it from the oven.
- Let it cool completely: Once the loaf is out of the oven, let it cool completely before slicing it. This will help it hold its shape and prevent it from falling apart.
🍴 What To Serve With Tea Loaf?
Tea loaf is a delicious baked treat that pairs well with a variety of drinks. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with tea loaf:
- Tea or coffee: As the name suggests, tea loaf is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. Choose a tea that complements the flavors of the loaf, such as English breakfast, Earl Grey, or Darjeeling. A nice cup of coffee will also work well, especially if you prefer a stronger flavor.
- Hot chocolate: For a decadent treat, serve tea loaf with a warm mug of hot chocolate. The rich, chocolatey flavor of the drink will contrast nicely with the fruity sweetness of the loaf.
- Milk: If you’re serving tea loaf to children, a cold glass of milk is the perfect accompaniment. The milk will help to balance out the sweetness of the loaf and provide a refreshing drink.
- Fruit juice: If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option, serve tea loaf with a glass of fruit juice. Apple, orange, and grapefruit juice are all good choices that will complement the flavors of the loaf.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
To keep your tea loaf fresh and tasty, it’s important to store any leftovers properly. Here’s how to store your tea loaf:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F. Place the slices of tea loaf on a baking sheet and heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Toaster: Toasting your tea loaf slices is another quick and easy option. Simply place them in the toaster and toast on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Microwave: If you’re short on time, you can also reheat your tea loaf in the microwave. Place the slices on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 20-30 seconds.
What kind of tea is used in tea loaf?
Although black tea is typically called for in tea loaf recipes, you are free to experiment with a variety of other varieties of tea to find the flavor combination that you enjoy the most.
How do you thaw frozen tea loaf?
To thaw the frozen tea loaf, you need only remove it from the freezer and let it come to room temperature before serving.
Can you make tea loaf ahead of time?
It is possible to create tea loaf in advance, wrap it in plastic, and store it in an airtight container until it is time to serve. If you do this, you may keep the tea loaf fresh for several days.
Can you make tea loaf into muffins?
It is possible to turn tea loaf batter into muffins by placing a spoonful of the batter in each of the muffin cups and then baking the muffins in the oven until they are a golden brown color.
Can you make tea loaf without sugar?
You may create tea loaf without sugar if you use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup instead of sugar in the recipe.
Try More Recipes: