Swede soup is a hearty and delicious dish that is perfect for cold winter evenings. It’s made with simple ingredients including swede, carrots, onions, and vegetable stock, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. In this article, we will explore Jamie Oliver’s take on Swede Soup and learn how to make this comforting and nutritious dish at home. Jamie Oliver is a renowned chef and cookbook author who is known for his creative and accessible approach to cooking.
His Swede Soup recipe is easy to follow and uses fresh, wholesome ingredients to create a satisfying and flavorful meal. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your kitchen. So, let’s dive in and discover how to make Jamie Oliver’s Swede Soup!
More Recipes From us:
- Broccoli And Stilton Soup Jamie Oliver
- Venison Burgers Jamie Oliver
- Sauce Vierge Recipe Jamie Oliver
💓 Why You’ll Love This Swede Soup Jamie Oliver
There are several reasons why you’ll love Jamie Oliver’s Swede Soup recipe. Here are just a few:
- It’s easy to make: Jamie Oliver’s recipe is straightforward and easy to follow, making it accessible to even novice cooks.
- It’s nutritious: Swede soup is packed with vitamins and nutrients, thanks to its combination of fresh vegetables and vegetable stock.
- It’s customizable: Jamie Oliver’s recipe can be easily adapted to suit your taste preferences. You can add more or less of any ingredient to adjust the flavor and texture to your liking.
- It’s budget-friendly: The ingredients for this recipe are simple and affordable, making it a great option for anyone on a tight budget.
- It’s comforting and satisfying: Swede soup is a hearty and warming dish that is perfect for cold winter evenings. It’s a comforting and satisfying meal that is sure to leave you feeling full and satisfied.
What Is Swede Soup Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s Swede Soup recipe is a simple and hearty soup that takes just 15 minutes to make. It starts with a base of onions, garlic, and carrots that are cooked in olive oil until softened. Then, cubed swede, chicken stock, and a bay leaf are added and the mixture is simmered for 15 minutes until the swede is tender. To finish, the soup is blended until smooth, seasoned with salt and pepper, and garnished with fresh parsley.
- 1 large swede, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 liter of vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
🔪How To Make Swede Soup Jamie Oliver
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sauté until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped swede and carrots to the pot and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for about 30-40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the soup cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and blend it in batches.
- Season the soup with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve hot with a crusty bread on the side.
Note: Jamie Oliver’s recipe is a basic guideline and you can adjust the quantities and ingredients as per your preference. You can add other vegetables like potato or parsnip, or garnish the soup with croutons, chopped herbs or cream.
Here are some tips that can help you make Jamie Oliver’s Swede Soup recipe:
With these tips, you can make Jamie Oliver’s Swede Soup recipe perfectly every time. Enjoy!
🍴 What To Serve With Swede Soup?
Swede soup is a hearty and flavorful dish that can be served as a main course or as a starter. Here are some ideas for what to serve with swede soup:
- Crusty bread: A warm and crusty bread is the perfect accompaniment to swede soup. You can serve a freshly baked loaf or some slices of toasted bread on the side.
- Salad: A simple side salad with fresh greens and vegetables can balance out the richness of the soup. You can also add some protein like grilled chicken or boiled eggs to make it more substantial.
- Cheese: A plate of cheese and crackers can be a great appetizer to serve before the soup. Choose a selection of cheeses like cheddar, brie or blue cheese to pair with the soup.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables like carrots, potatoes, and parsnips can be a delicious side dish to serve alongside swede soup. They can add some extra flavor and texture to the meal.
- Sausage rolls: If you are serving swede soup as a main course, you can pair it with some sausage rolls or meat pies to make it more filling.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have leftover swede soup, here are some ways to store it:
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are some ways to reheat leftover swede soup:
- Stove: Reheat the soup on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. This method will take about 10-15 minutes, depending on the amount of soup you are reheating.
- Microwave: Transfer the soup to a microwave-safe bowl and cover it with a microwave-safe lid or plate. Heat the soup on high for 1-2 minutes, then stir and heat for another 1-2 minutes until it’s hot.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Transfer the soup to an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the soup is hot and bubbly.
- Slow cooker: If you have a lot of leftover soup, you can reheat it in a slow cooker on low heat for a few hours. Make sure to stir the soup occasionally to prevent scorching.
When reheating the soup, make sure to heat it thoroughly until it reaches a safe internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). You can also add a little bit of water or broth to the soup if it’s too thick. Once the soup is hot, taste it and adjust the seasoning as needed. Enjoy your delicious reheated swede soup!
What flavors are in Swede Soup?
The flavor of Swede Soup is a combination of the earthy, sweet taste of the Swede and the savory taste of the other vegetables. The broth also adds a depth of flavor to the soup, and it is usually enhanced with herbs and spices like dill, garlic, and bay leaves.
Is Swedish Soup a healthy dish?
Yes! Swedish Soup is a healthy dish as it is usually made with fresh vegetables, which are a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. Additionally, the soup is low in fat and calories, making it a great option for those looking to eat a nutritious yet light meal.
How long does Swede Soup take to make?
Swede Soup usually takes about an hour to prepare and cook. It is a relatively simple dish to make and does not require a lot of time or effort.
Is Swede Soup easy to make?
Yes, Swede Soup is a relatively simple dish to make. It does not require a lot of time or effort, and you can easily find the ingredients in most grocery stores.
What is the difference between Swede Soup and other soups?
The main difference between Swede Soup and other soups is the type of vegetable used. In Swede Soup, the main vegetable used is swede, also known as rutabaga. This root vegetable has a distinct flavor and texture and is commonly used in Scandinavian dishes. Additionally, Swede Soup is usually a thicker soup as opposed to other soups that are usually thinner and broth-based.
Swede Soup Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (500g)
- Calories: 316
- Total Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 965mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 47.3g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3g
- Sugars: 11.3g
- Protein: 12.2g