Jamie Oliver’s smoked salmon quiche is the perfect brunch dish for when you want to impress your guests with a dish that tastes as good as it looks. This quiche will leave a great impression on your guests with its flaky crust, velvety filling, and savory smoked salmon. A wide variety of herbs and vegetables can be used to personalize the dish, making it suitable for a wide range of occasions. This smoked salmon quiche is a must-try recipe that will satisfy your appetites and please your taste senses, whether you’re organizing a brunch, a potluck, or just searching for a warm meal.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast
- Jamie Oliver Asian Chicken Noodle Broth
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Ginger Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Smoked Salmon Quiche Jamie Oliver
There are many reasons why you’ll love this smoked salmon quiche by Jamie Oliver. Here are just a few:
- Delicious Flavor: The combination of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and fresh herbs creates a savory and satisfying flavor that is sure to please your taste buds.
- Versatile Recipe: This quiche is easy to customize with your favorite vegetables, herbs, and cheeses. You can also make it ahead of time and reheat it for a quick and easy meal.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether you’re hosting a brunch, a potluck, or simply looking for a comforting breakfast or lunch, this smoked salmon quiche is a versatile and delicious option.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is simple and easy to follow, even if you’re not an experienced cook. You can have a delicious and impressive quiche ready in no time!
- Nutritious Ingredients: With the addition of smoked salmon, fresh herbs, and vegetables, this quiche is packed with nutrients and makes for a healthier alternative to many other brunch dishes.
What Is Smoked Salmon Quiche Jamie Oliver Recipe?
A savory and tasty quiche made with smoked salmon is a recipe that works wonderfully for either brunch or lunch. There is a fantastic recipe for smoked salmon quiche that can be found on Jamie Oliver’s website. It has a flaky pastry crust, a smooth egg inside, and smoked salmon for an interesting flavor twist.
- 320g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- 200g smoked salmon, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 150g sour cream
- 150g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
🔪How To Make Smoked Salmon Quiche Jamie Oliver
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a 23cm quiche tin. Prick the bottom with a fork and trim the edges. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the red onion in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil until softened.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, cream cheese, chopped dill, salt, and pepper.
- Take the pastry case out of the fridge and scatter the chopped smoked salmon, crumbled feta cheese, and cooked red onion over the base.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the filling is set and golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the best smoked salmon quiche:
- Use Good Quality Smoked Salmon: For the best flavor, use high-quality smoked salmon. Look for salmon that is firm, moist, and has a rich smoky flavor.
- Blind Bake the Pastry: To prevent the pastry from becoming soggy, blind bake it for 10-15 minutes before adding the filling. This will help to crisp up the crust.
- Customize with Vegetables: Feel free to customize the recipe with your favorite vegetables. Try adding spinach, mushrooms, or bell peppers for extra flavor and nutrition.
- Don’t Overfill the Quiche: Be careful not to overfill the quiche, as this can cause it to spill over or collapse. Leave a little room at the top of the crust for the egg mixture to expand as it bakes.
- Let it Rest: After baking, allow the quiche to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. This will help the filling to set and prevent it from falling apart.
- Make Ahead: Smoked salmon quiche is a great make-ahead dish. You can prepare the filling and pastry ahead of time, and then assemble and bake the quiche just before serving. This is especially helpful if you’re hosting a brunch or entertaining guests.
🍴 What To Serve With Smoked Salmon Quiche?
Smoked salmon quiche is a versatile dish that can be served on its own or with a variety of sides and accompaniments. Here are some suggestions:
- Green Salad: A fresh green salad is a classic side dish for quiche. Toss together some mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and a simple vinaigrette for a light and refreshing accompaniment.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as asparagus, cherry tomatoes, or zucchini make a flavorful and colorful side dish that pairs well with the quiche.
- Fruit Salad: A fruit salad made with fresh seasonal fruit is a sweet and refreshing accompaniment to the savory quiche.
- Soup: A bowl of soup, such as tomato soup or butternut squash soup, makes a comforting and satisfying meal when served with a slice of quiche.
- Bread or Croissants: Freshly baked bread or croissants are a classic choice to serve with quiche. Warm them up in the oven and serve with butter or jam for a delicious and indulgent breakfast or brunch.
- Mimosa: A mimosa made with fresh orange juice and sparkling wine is a classic brunch cocktail that pairs well with smoked salmon quiche.
Remember to choose sides that complement the flavors of the quiche and offer a balance of textures and flavors.
If you have any leftovers from your smoked salmon quiche, you can store them in several ways to ensure they stay fresh and flavorful. Here are some options:
- Refrigerate: The easiest way to store leftover smoked salmon quiche is in the refrigerator. Allow the quiche to cool to room temperature, then cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: If you’re not planning to eat the leftover quiche within a few days, you can freeze it for longer-term storage. Wrap the quiche tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil or place it in an airtight container. Label the container with the date and store it in the freezer. It should keep for up to 2-3 months.
- Cut into Portions: To make it easier to reheat and serve the leftovers, consider cutting the quiche into individual portions before storing it in the fridge or freezer.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
There are a few ways you can reheat leftover smoked salmon quiche to enjoy it again:
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Wrap the leftover quiche in aluminum foil and place it on a baking sheet. Heat in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. The foil will help prevent the crust from getting too browned.
- Microwave: If you’re in a hurry, you can reheat the smoked salmon quiche in the microwave. Place a slice on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 20-30 seconds or until heated through. Be careful not to overheat it, as this can cause the filling to become rubbery.
- Toaster Oven: If you have a toaster oven, it’s a great option for reheating individual slices of smoked salmon quiche. Place the slices on a baking sheet and heat in the toaster oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Skillet: For a crispy crust, you can reheat the smoked salmon quiche in a skillet on the stovetop. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and add a small amount of butter or oil. Place the quiche slice in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until heated through and crispy.
Remember to always reheat the leftover smoked salmon quiche until it’s heated through and hot all the way to the center. Also, avoid reheating the quiche too many times, as this can dry it out and negatively affect its flavor and texture.
Can I make Smoked Salmon Quiche ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Smoked Salmon Quiche ahead of time. To do so, you can prepare the quiche up to the point of baking and store it in the refrigerator for up to two days before baking. You can also bake the quiche and then store it in the refrigerator for up to four days. To reheat, place the quiche in the oven until it is heated through.
Can I use other types of fish in Smoked Salmon Quiche?
Yes, you can use other types of fish in Smoked Salmon Quiche. Popular alternatives to smoked salmon include cooked shrimp, tuna, and crab. You can also use cooked vegetables like spinach or mushrooms as a vegetarian option.
Can I use canned smoked salmon to make Smoked Salmon Quiche?
Yes, you can use canned smoked salmon to make Smoked Salmon Quiche. Canned smoked salmon is a great way to save time and money compared to using fresh smoked salmon. You can also control the amount of salt and other preservatives in the canned smoked salmon by reading the label and choosing one that has minimal added ingredients.
How do I know when the Smoked Salmon Quiche is done?
You can tell when the Smoked Salmon Quiche is done baking when the top is golden brown and the center is cooked through. You can also test the center of the quiche with a knife or toothpick to make sure it’s cooked all the way through.
How long does it take to make Smoked Salmon Quiche?
The total time it takes to make Smoked Salmon Quiche depends on the preparation and cooking method. Generally, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients and assemble the quiche. It then takes about 30 minutes to bake the quiche in the oven.
Try More Recipes:
Smoked Salmon Quiche Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
Serving Size: 1 slice