The Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is a popular recipe from Pioneer Woman. This dish is perfect for those who are looking for a hearty, comforting, and flavorful meal that is easy to make. The white chicken chili is made with tender chunks of chicken, white beans, green chilies, and spices, which come together to create a rich and delicious broth.
The slow cooker does all the work, leaving you free to enjoy your day while your chili simmers away to perfection. Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a satisfying meal to share with friends and family, this Pioneer Woman slow cooker white chicken chili recipe is sure to be a hit.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Slow Cooker Beef Fajitas Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- Easy preparation: This recipe is easy to prepare and requires minimal effort. Simply mix the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it and forget it.
- Versatile: You can customize the recipe to your liking by adjusting the spices, adding different ingredients, or omitting some.
- Comfort food: The warm and comforting flavor of this chili makes it a great dish for cold weather.
- Perfect for feeding a crowd: This recipe makes a large batch, making it perfect for feeding a crowd or for meal prep.
- Perfect for leftovers: This chili tastes even better the next day, making it a great option for leftovers.
- High in protein: Chicken is a good source of protein, making this chili a healthy and filling meal.
- Simple ingredients: This recipe requires simple and easy-to-find ingredients, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
What Is Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Recipe?
The Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman recipe is a savory and flavorful chili made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts, white beans, green chili peppers, and a mixture of spices. The ingredients are slow cooked to perfection in a slow cooker, resulting in a comforting and satisfying meal. This dish is a favorite among chili lovers and is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans of diced green chilies (4 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz each)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
How To Make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, green chilies, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, and white beans to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked and tender.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and stir in the heavy cream.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro on top.
Enjoy your delicious and flavorful Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman!
Here are some tips to make the best slow cooker white chicken chili recipe:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for easy shredding.
- To add more flavor, sauté the onions and garlic before adding them to the slow cooker.
- Use canned diced green chilies for a mild flavor, or add more for a spicier kick.
- Use a blend of white beans for a creamy texture.
- Add spices such as cumin, coriander, chili powder, and oregano to enhance the flavors of the chili.
- To add creaminess, stir in a cup of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt before serving.
- Top with shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice, or crusty bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
- For a thicker chili, mash some of the beans before adding them to the slow cooker.
- For leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or freeze for up to three months.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili?
Here are some creative ways to serve Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili:
How To Store Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili?
To store Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, follow these steps:
- Allow the chili to cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
- Label the container with the date and contents.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Alternatively, you can freeze the chili for up to 3 months in freezer-safe containers or freezer bags, making sure to remove as much air as possible.
- When ready to eat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili?
There are several ways to reheat slow cooker white chicken chili:
- Microwave: transfer the chili to a microwave-safe dish and reheat on high in 30-second increments until heated through.
- Stovetop: transfer the chili to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Oven: transfer the chili to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake at 350°F until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Slow Cooker: transfer the chili back to the slow cooker and heat on low for 2-3 hours, or until heated through.
Is Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili spicy?
No, slow cooker white chicken chili is usually not spicy. It is often made with mild ingredients like canned white beans, green chilis, and chicken broth. However, you can adjust the spiciness of the recipe by adding additional chili peppers or other spices such as cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
Can I use frozen chicken instead of fresh chicken in Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili ?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken instead of fresh chicken in Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. However, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Frozen chicken will take longer to cook than fresh chicken, so make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I use a different type of chili pepper?
Yes, you can use a different type of chili pepper in Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. Depending on what type of chili pepper you choose, your chili may have a different flavor. For example, if you use jalapeno peppers, your chili may have a spicier flavor, whereas if you use Anaheim peppers, your chili may have a milder flavor.
Can I use a different type of beans?
Yes, you can use a different type of beans in Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili. Popular substitutions for the navy beans include pinto beans, Great Northern beans, black beans, cannellini beans, and kidney beans.
Can I make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili in a pressure cooker or on the stove?
Yes, you can make Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili in a pressure cooker or on the stove. To make it in a pressure cooker, you will need to reduce the cooking time to about 10 minutes and make sure that all of the ingredients are cooked through before releasing the pressure. To make it on the stove, you will need to simmer the chili for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 253
- Total Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Sodium: 673mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 13.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.4g
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Protein: 27.1g