The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, is known for her delicious and comforting home-style cooking. And her slow cooker hot chocolate recipe is no exception. This warm and cozy drink is the perfect treat on a chilly day and can be easily made in a slow cooker with just a few ingredients. The slow cooking process creates a rich and creamy hot chocolate that is sure to warm you from the inside out.
Whether you’re enjoying it as a morning pick-me-up, or as an after-dinner treat, this slow cooker hot chocolate is sure to become a family favorite. So grab your slow cooker, gather your ingredients, and let’s get started!
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Queso
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Dressing
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
There are many reasons why you’ll love this slow cooker hot chocolate from Pioneer Woman:
- It’s easy to make: With just a few ingredients and the convenience of a slow cooker, you can have a delicious hot chocolate ready in no time.
- It’s rich and creamy: The slow cooking process creates a creamy and velvety hot chocolate that is beyond compare.
- It’s versatile: You can customize this hot chocolate to your taste by using different types of chocolate, adding spices, or using different types of milk.
- It’s perfect for cold days: On a chilly day, nothing beats a warm and cozy cup of hot chocolate.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: Whether you’re making hot chocolate for a family gathering, a holiday party, or just for yourself, this slow cooker hot chocolate is sure to be a hit.
Overall, Pioneer Woman’s slow cooker hot chocolate is a simple and delicious way to enjoy a comforting cup of hot chocolate anytime, anywhere.
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
How To Make Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Pioneer Woman
- Put the milk, heavy cream, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and salt into a slow cooker and stir to mix everything.
- Cook over a low fire for two hours, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, making sure to keep the heat low throughout. Enjoy while it’s still hot!
Note: You can also add additional ingredients like spices, syrups, or marshmallows to customize the flavor to your liking.
Here are some tips for making the best slow cooker hot chocolate:
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect slow cooker hot chocolate every time!
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate?
Here are some suggestions for what to serve with slow cooker hot chocolate:
- Cookies: Soft and chewy cookies like chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, or gingerbread make the perfect accompaniment to a warm cup of hot chocolate.
- Brownies: Rich and fudgy brownies are a perfect sweet treat to pair with hot chocolate.
- Donuts: Serve your hot chocolate with a warm, fluffy donut for a decadent breakfast treat.
- Marshmallows: Toasted marshmallows add a sweet and gooey texture to your hot chocolate.
- Hot tea: For a non-caffeinated option, consider serving your hot chocolate with a warm cup of tea.
- Crackers: Serve your hot chocolate with a plate of crisp crackers or pretzels for a savory contrast.
- Fruit: Fresh fruit, such as strawberries or bananas, make a healthy and refreshing addition to your hot chocolate.
By serving your slow cooker hot chocolate with any of these delicious options, you’ll have a complete and satisfying meal or treat.
- If you have any leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
- The hot chocolate will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To freeze hot chocolate, let it cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container.
- The hot chocolate will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate?
There are two simple methods for reheating slow cooker hot chocolate:
In both methods, be careful not to overheat the hot chocolate, as this can cause it to become too thick or even burn. If the hot chocolate becomes too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it out to your desired consistency.
How long does it take to make slow cooker hot chocolate?
The cooking time for slow cooker hot chocolate varies, but it typically takes 2-3 hours on low heat or 1-2 hours on high heat.
Can I use dark chocolate in slow cooker hot chocolate?
Yes, you can use dark chocolate in slow cooker hot chocolate for a richer, more intense flavor.
Can I use almond milk in slow cooker hot chocolate?
Yes, you can use almond milk or any other non-dairy milk in slow cooker hot chocolate.
How much hot chocolate does a slow cooker make?
The amount of hot chocolate that a slow cooker makes depends on the size of the slow cooker and the recipe you are using, but it typically makes 4-6 servings.
How do I make slow cooker hot chocolate thicker?
To make slow cooker hot chocolate thicker, you can add additional chocolate or cocoa powder, or you can reduce the amount of milk used in the recipe.
How do I make slow cooker hot chocolate sweeter?
To make slow cooker hot chocolate sweeter, you can add more sugar or use a sweeter type of chocolate.
Can I make slow cooker hot chocolate ahead of time?
Yes, you can make slow cooker hot chocolate ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer until you’re ready to serve it.
Try More Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman French Dip Slow Cooker
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact