This delectable recipe for slow cooker chicken with broccoli comes straight from the kitchen of the Pioneer Woman, so you know it’s going to be good. Get ready to experience the flavors of home-style cooking. You’ll have a comforting and hearty meal that’s excellent for a busy weekday or a nice weekend in with the family when all you need is a few simple ingredients and a few hours in the slow cooker to make it.
- Chicken Cacciatore Slow Cooker Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Pioneer Woman recipe:
- Convenience: With this recipe, you can prep all the ingredients in the morning, set it, and forget it. Your dinner will be ready and waiting for you when you return from your day.
- Flavorful: The slow cooking process infuses the chicken and broccoli with a delicious, savory sauce that’s packed with flavor.
- Healthy: This dish is a healthy option for dinner, loaded with protein, vitamins, and minerals from the chicken and broccoli.
- Comforting: The tender, juicy chicken and broccoli cooked in a rich sauce are the epitome of comfort food. This recipe will have your taste buds and your belly singing with joy.
- Adaptable: You can easily switch up the ingredients to make it your own by adding other veggies, using different cuts of chicken, or adjusting the spices to your liking.
What Is Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman Recipe?
The Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Pioneer Woman recipe is a simple and flavorful dish where chicken and broccoli are cooked in a slow cooker with a savory sauce. The slow cooking process allows the flavors to meld together and results in tender, juicy chicken and perfectly cooked broccoli. This recipe is a healthy, comforting, and easy-to-prepare meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman?
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, basil, thyme, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour the tomato mixture over the chicken.
- Add the broccoli florets on top of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is fully cooked and the broccoli is tender.
- Serve the chicken and broccoli with the sauce spooned over the top.
Enjoy your delicious and easy-to-make Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Pioneer Woman recipe!
Here are some tips to make the best Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Pioneer Woman recipe:
- Use chicken broth instead of water to add more flavor to the sauce.
- For extra flavor, consider marinating the chicken in the refrigerator for a few hours before cooking.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely so that they blend into the sauce, rather than being overpowering.
- Make sure to season the sauce well to enhance the flavor of the chicken and broccoli.
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients for the best taste.
- To reduce the cooking time, consider using thin-sliced chicken breasts.
- Stir the broccoli and sauce occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- If you like your broccoli crispier, add it to the slow cooker in the last hour of cooking.
- Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes according to your desired level of heat.
- For a thicker sauce, whisk together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make the best Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Pioneer Woman recipe ever!
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli?
Chicken and broccoli is a classic pairing that can be served with a variety of sides. Here are a few options:
- Rice: White, brown, or wild rice pairs well with the flavors of chicken and broccoli.
- Potatoes: Roasted, mashed, or boiled potatoes are a great option for soaking up the delicious sauce.
- Pasta: A bowl of al dente pasta is a comforting complement to the savory chicken and broccoli.
- Bread: Serve your chicken and broccoli with a crusty bread for dipping into the sauce.
- Salad: A green salad with fresh vegetables can provide a light and healthy contrast to the richness of the chicken and broccoli.
Ultimately, you can serve your slow cooker chicken and broccoli with whatever sides you prefer, but these are a few options to consider.
How To Store Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli?
Storing Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli is a breeze! Here are some creative ways to store your leftovers:
Whether you opt for a traditional storage method or a creative twist, you’ll be able to enjoy the delicious flavors of Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli for days to come!
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli?
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the slow cooker chicken and broccoli in an oven-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Microwave: Place the slow cooker chicken and broccoli in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a microwave-safe lid or plate and heat for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stove: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker with veg?
Paprika should be sprinkled on top of the veggies after they have been seasoned to taste. Raw chicken should be placed on top of the vegetables. Cook on a low heat with the lid on for seven hours. Because removing the lid during the first two hours won’t stop the heat from escaping, it’s best not to do it.
Does the chicken have to be covered in water in slow cooker?
When cooking a whole chicken in a slow cooker, you do not need to add any additional water to the recipe. When it comes to flavor infusion, adding butter or lemon juice works well. Do not add water unless you want your chicken to have a poached texture.
Should vegetables be on top or bottom in slow cooker?
Be smart about layering: To ensure that the food cooks evenly, cut it into pieces of the same size. Put the meat on top of the root vegetables that are solid and can be cooked slowly, such potatoes and carrots, and line the bottom of the crock with them.
Is it better to cook chicken on high or low in slow cooker?
If you want the finest results, make sure you always cook your boneless, skinless chicken breasts on LOW. Even if you keep an eye on it, cooking boneless chicken breast on HIGH will cause it to become very dry and harsh, therefore this method of preparation is not one that I recommend. When I cook the chicken on high, it comes out drier, but when I cook it on low, I always have the best results.
How do you know when slow cooked chicken is done?
The chicken should be roasted for approximately two and a half to three hours, or until an instant-read thermometer placed into the thickest part of the thigh (but not touching the bone) registers 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Try More Recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 209
- Total Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 59 mg
- Sodium: 511 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Protein: 27.8 g