The Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip is a delicious and hearty dish, perfect for parties and gatherings. This recipe, inspired by Pioneer Woman, features tender beef simmered in a rich and flavorful enchilada sauce, topped with melted cheese and served with tortilla chips for dipping. Whether you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer or a comforting weeknight meal, this slow cooker dish is sure to become a favorite.
- Pioneer Woman French Dip Slow Cooker
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- Convenient cooking: With the slow cooker, this beef enchilada dip is effortless to prepare, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- Bold flavor: The combination of beef, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices creates a rich and flavorful dip that everyone will love.
- Crowd-pleaser: Whether you’re serving this dip for game day, a party, or just a casual get-together, it’s sure to be a hit.
- Versatile serving options: Serve this dip with tortilla chips, on tacos, or as a topping for a salad or baked potato.
- Leftovers: This dip reheats well, making it a great option for meal prep or for when you want a quick and easy snack.
What Is Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman Recipe?
The Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines the flavors of beef enchiladas with the convenience of a slow cooker. The ingredients include ground beef, enchilada sauce, corn, diced green chilies, black beans, cheese, and tortilla chips for dipping. Simply brown the ground beef, add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker, and let it cook until the cheese is melted and the flavors are well combined. This dish is perfect for game day, potluck, or family dinner.
Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips, for serving
How To Make Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the beef mixture to a slow cooker.
- Stir in the enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and sour cream until well combined.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Here are some recipe tips for making Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip:
- Brown the ground beef before adding it to the slow cooker to enhance the flavor.
- Use a quality enchilada sauce to achieve a rich, authentic taste.
- Add spices, such as chili powder, cumin, and garlic, to adjust the seasoning to your liking.
- Use a blend of shredded cheeses, such as cheddar and Monterey Jack, for maximum flavor.
- Stir the ingredients occasionally while cooking to ensure even cooking and flavor distribution.
- Serve the dip hot with tortilla chips, sliced jalapenos, and fresh cilantro for toppings.
- For a healthier option, use low-fat cheese and ground turkey instead of beef.
- Add some heat by using hot enchilada sauce or adding diced jalapenos to the mix.
- Experiment with different fillings, such as diced chicken or black beans.
- For a thicker, creamier texture, mix in a can of drained and rinsed black beans before serving.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip?
- Tortilla chips or sliced baguette for dipping.
- Sides such as rice, beans, or roasted vegetables.
- Salad greens for a fresh contrast to the rich dip.
- Salsa and sour cream for toppings.
- Guacamole or avocado slices for extra creaminess.
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish.
- Pico de gallo or pickled jalapenos for a burst of flavor.
- Grilled chicken or beef for a heartier meal.
- Freshly chopped vegetables such as bell peppers, cucumber, or carrots for a crunchy texture.
- A cold beer or margarita to wash it all down.
How To Store Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip?
- Store the enchilada dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Freeze the enchilada dip in an airtight container or freezer-safe ziplock bag for up to 3 months.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip?
To reheat Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip, you can use the following methods:
- Microwave: Transfer the dip to a microwave-safe dish, cover it with a microwave-safe plate or lid and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until fully heated through.
- Oven: Transfer the dip to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Transfer the dip to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Slow Cooker: Transfer the dip back to the slow cooker and heat on low heat until heated through.
Note: When reheating, be sure to stir the dip occasionally to prevent it from sticking and to distribute the heat evenly.
Can I use a different type of beef for this recipe?
It is possible to prepare this dish using either ground chuck, ground round, or ground sirloin as the ground beef ingredient. The answer to your question is going to be yes.
Can I use canned enchilada sauce instead of making my own?
You don’t have to make your own enchilada sauce if you don’t feel like it; you can always use the one that comes in a can instead of preparing your own.
Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?
In any recipe that calls for cheddar cheese, you are allowed to use another kind of cheese, such as pepper jack, Colby-Jack, or a Mexican blend cheese instead. The answer to your question is yes; you can accomplish this.
Can I make this dip ahead of time?
It is totally acceptable to prepare the dip the night before and store it in the refrigerator to chill before serving. This poses no difficulty whatsoever.
Is the beef enchilada dip suitable for gluten-free diets?
No, this recipe contains flour tortillas which contain gluten. To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free tortillas.
Can I use a different type of slow cooker for this recipe?
You are free to use either a large or a small slow cooker depending on the size of your family or the number of people who will be attending your party.
Try More Recipes:
Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Sodium: 590mg
- Carbohydrates: 14.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Protein: 16.2g