Sauce Vierge is a simple yet elegant French sauce that is perfect for adding a fresh and vibrant flavor to any dish. It is made with a combination of fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil, and is a great way to use up any leftover herbs you may have in your kitchen. Jamie Oliver’s Sauce Vierge recipe takes this classic sauce to the next level by adding a kick of chili flakes and a squeeze of lemon juice for an extra zing.
This versatile sauce can be served with fish, chicken, pasta, or even as a dipping sauce for crusty bread. In this article, we’ll explore Jamie Oliver’s Sauce Vierge recipe and share some tips on how to use this delicious sauce in your cooking.
More Recipes From us:
- Steak And Kidney Pie Jamie Oliver
- Orange Marmalade Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Osso Buco Recipe Jamie Oliver
💓 Why You’ll Love This Sauce Vierge Recipe Jamie Oliver
There are many reasons to love Jamie Oliver’s Sauce Vierge recipe. Here are a few:
- Fresh and vibrant flavor: The combination of fresh herbs, garlic, and olive oil creates a bright and lively flavor that can brighten up any dish.
- Versatility: This sauce can be served with a variety of dishes, from fish and chicken to pasta and vegetables. You can even use it as a dipping sauce for bread.
- Quick and easy to make: With only a few ingredients and a quick prep time, this sauce can be made in no time.
- Healthy and nutritious: Made with olive oil and fresh herbs, this sauce is a healthier alternative to heavier sauces that are often high in fat and calories.
- A great way to use up leftover herbs: This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover herbs you may have in your kitchen, helping to reduce food waste.
Overall, Jamie Oliver’s Sauce Vierge recipe is a delicious and versatile sauce that can add a fresh and flavorful twist to many dishes.
What Is Sauce Vierge Recipe Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Jamie Oliver’s Sauce Vierge recipe is a simple, fresh and flavorful sauce made with a few basic ingredients. The name “Sauce Vierge” means “virgin sauce” in French, referring to the use of raw, uncooked ingredients.
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 small bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small bunch of fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
🔪How To Make Sauce Vierge Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Wash and finely chop the herbs, then place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, diced tomatoes, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil to the mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Allow the sauce to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to develop.
That’s it! This sauce is quick and easy to make, and can be used to enhance the flavor of a variety of dishes, from grilled meats and fish to vegetables and salads.
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the perfect Sauce Vierge:
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients: Since this sauce is made with raw ingredients, it’s important to use the freshest herbs and tomatoes you can find. Look for tomatoes that are ripe but firm, and avoid ones that are overly soft or mushy.
- Finely chop the ingredients: To ensure that the flavors of the herbs, garlic, and tomatoes are evenly distributed, it’s important to chop them finely. You can do this by hand with a sharp knife, or use a food processor to make quick work of it.
- Let the flavors meld: While you can serve the sauce immediately after making it, it’s best to let it sit for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together. You can even make it a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
- Adjust the seasoning: The recipe above provides a basic formula for Sauce Vierge, but feel free to adjust the seasoning to suit your tastes. Add more lemon juice for brightness, more olive oil for richness, or more capers for a brinier flavor.
- Serve it with the right dishes: Sauce Vierge is a versatile sauce that pairs well with a variety of dishes, but it’s particularly delicious with grilled meats and fish, roasted vegetables, and salads. It’s also great as a dipping sauce for bread or as a topping for bruschetta or crostini.
By following these recipe tips, you can make a delicious Sauce Vierge that will elevate the flavors of any dish you serve it with.
🍴 What To Serve With Sauce Vierge?
Sauce Vierge is a versatile sauce that pairs well with a variety of dishes. Here are some suggestions on what to serve with Sauce Vierge:
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Sauce Vierge is a fresh sauce that is best used immediately after making. However, if you have leftover Sauce Vierge, you can store it in different ways depending on how much you have left and how soon you plan to use it. Here are some options:
- Refrigerator: If you have a small amount of Sauce Vierge left, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the flavor and texture may change slightly as the sauce sits.
- Freezer: If you have a larger quantity of Sauce Vierge left, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw the sauce in the refrigerator before using it, and stir it well to recombine any separated ingredients.
- Ice cube tray: Another option is to freeze the sauce in an ice cube tray, then transfer the frozen cubes to a freezer-safe bag or container. This allows you to defrost only as much sauce as you need at a time.
When storing Sauce Vierge, it’s important to note that the texture may change as the ingredients separate. Simply stir the sauce well before using it again to recombine any separated ingredients. Also, if the sauce has been refrigerated or frozen, it’s a good idea to taste it before using it to ensure that the flavors are still fresh and vibrant.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Sauce Vierge is typically served cold, so there is no need to reheat leftovers. If you have any leftover sauce, simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. When you’re ready to use it again, give it a good stir and bring it to room temperature before serving.
Can I adjust the amount of garlic in Sauce Vierge?
Yes, the amount of garlic can be adjusted to personal taste. If you prefer a milder garlic flavor, you can use less garlic or omit it altogether.
Can I use dried herbs for Sauce Vierge?
Fresh herbs are recommended for Sauce Vierge, as they provide the most flavor and texture. However, if fresh herbs are not available, dried herbs can be used as a substitute, but the flavor may be slightly different.
What type of olive oil is best for Sauce Vierge?
Extra virgin olive oil is best for Sauce Vierge, as it provides the most flavor and aroma.
How long will Sauce Vierge keep in the fridge?
Sauce Vierge will keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container.
Is Sauce Vierge a healthy condiment option?
Sauce Vierge is a healthy condiment option, as it is made with fresh ingredients such as tomatoes and herbs, and uses olive oil as the primary fat source.
Can I use Sauce Vierge as a marinade?
Sauce Vierge is not typically used as a marinade, but it can be brushed onto meats or fish before grilling to add extra flavor.
Sauce Vierge Recipe Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 serving = 4 tablespoons):
• Calories: 45
• Total Fat: 4.5g
• Saturated Fat: 0.5g
• Cholesterol: 0mg
• Sodium: 105mg
• Total Carbohydrates: 1.4g
• Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
• Sugars: 0.3g
• Protein: 0.3g