There is no better way to appreciate pumpkin than in Jamie Oliver’s pumpkin curry. This curry has all the flavor you’d expect from pumpkin, onions, garlic, and spices, plus it’s quite simple to prepare. In addition, it can be prepared in just 30 minutes, making it a convenient choice for a quick weekday meal. Adaptable to your personal preferences, this curry is sure to become a household staple. Keep reading for Jamie Oliver’s recipe for his pumpkin curry and to discover more about this tasty dish.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Avocado Egg Breakfast
- Jamie Oliver Asian Chicken Noodle Broth
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Ginger Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Curry Jamie Oliver
- It’s a delicious and unique twist on a classic curry recipe.
- The pumpkin adds a creamy and comforting texture to the dish.
- It’s a great way to add a bit of extra nutrition to your meal.
- It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner that’s easy to make.
- It’s a great vegetarian option that everyone in the family will love.
- The flavors in the curry will tantalize your taste buds.
- It’s a great way to use up any excess pumpkins you have lying around.
- You can adjust the spiciness of the dish to your own liking.
- It’s a perfect fall-inspired meal that will warm you up on a chilly evening.
- It’s a great way to get creative in the kitchen and have some fun with your meal.
What Is Pumpkin Curry Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Pumpkin curry is a delicious and flavorful dish created by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. It is a vegan curry dish made with roasted pumpkin, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic, onions, ginger, and other spices. It can be served over rice or noodles and is a great way to use up leftover pumpkin.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
🔪How To Make Pumpkin Curry Jamie Oliver
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and garam masala. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes and pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Pour in vegetable broth, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked rice or with naan. Enjoy!
- Start by sautéing the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the pumpkin cubes and stir to coat in the curry paste.
- Pour in the coconut milk, add the curry powder, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer and allow to cook until the pumpkin is tender.
- For a thicker sauce, stir in some cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- Serve over steamed white rice or your favorite grain.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and a sprinkle of roasted pumpkin seeds.
⏱ How Long To Cook Pumpkin Curry?
Here is a table that outlines approximate cooking times for pumpkin curry using different cooking methods:
|Cooking Method||Cooking Time|
|Slow cooker||4-6 hours|
|Instant Pot||10-15 minutes (plus time to come to pressure)|
Please note that cooking times can vary depending on the size and type of pumpkin, as well as the other ingredients in the curry. It’s important to check for doneness by testing the tenderness of the pumpkin with a fork.
🍴 What To Serve With Pumpkin Curry?
Pumpkin curry is a flavorful and hearty dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas for what to serve with pumpkin curry:
- Rice: Serve your pumpkin curry with a side of rice, such as jasmine rice or basmati rice, to soak up the flavorful sauce.
- Naan bread: Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread that pairs well with curry. You can either buy pre-made naan or make your own using a simple recipe.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables, such as cauliflower or sweet potatoes, add a healthy and flavorful side dish to complement the richness of the curry.
- Salad: A fresh salad with cucumber, tomato, and lettuce is a refreshing complement to the warm and spicy flavors of the pumpkin curry.
- Raita: Raita is a yogurt-based dip that is commonly served with Indian dishes. It adds a cool and refreshing contrast to the spicy flavors of the curry.
- Chutney: Chutney is a sweet and spicy condiment that is often served alongside curry dishes. It adds a burst of flavor to each bite.
- Papadum: Papadum is a crispy, thin Indian flatbread that makes a great side dish for curry. It’s a fun and tasty way to add some crunch to your meal.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
To store leftover pumpkin curry, first allow it to cool down to room temperature. Then transfer it to an airtight container, making sure to leave some space at the top for expansion. You can also use freezer-safe ziplock bags.
When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, simply thaw the pumpkin curry in the refrigerator overnight (if frozen) or bring it to room temperature (if refrigerated). Reheat in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are a few ways to reheat leftovers of Jamie Oliver’s Duck Fat Potatoes:
Note: Reheating in the oven or on the stovetop will help maintain the crispy exterior of the potatoes, while the microwave may result in softer potatoes.
What is the origin of Pumpkin Curry?
Pumpkin Curry is believed to have originated in the Indian state of Kerala. The dish is an adaptation of the traditional South Indian dish called “Kozhikodan”, which is made with fresh pumpkin and coconut milk. The dish was then adapted to include spices and other ingredients to create a unique flavor.
What flavors are associated with Pumpkin Curry?
Pumpkin Curry has a unique flavor combination of sweet and savory. The sweetness of the pumpkin is balanced by the spices, while the coconut milk and tomatoes provide a rich, creamy texture.
What is the nutritional value of Pumpkin Curry?
Pumpkin Curry is a great source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the body.
What are some popular variations of Pumpkin Curry?
Pumpkin Curry can be prepared in a variety of ways, depending on the ingredients and spices used. Some popular variations include adding vegetables such as sweet potatoes, mushrooms, or eggplant, or adding meats such as chicken, lamb, or beef.
Try More Recipes:
Pumpkin Curry Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
Serving Size: 1 bowl