Gordon Ramsay’s Potato Crusted Fish is the perfect dish if you’re wanting to amaze guests with a simple and delicious fish dish. With this dish, you get the best of both worlds: delicate and flaky white fish with a crispy and delicious potato crust.
Also, it’s a dish that even inexperienced cooks can make successfully due to its low complexity and short list of components. Try it out and you could find a new favorite among your seafood options.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Potato Crusted Fish Gordon Ramsay
- A unique take on a popular meal, the potato crust lends a satisfying crunch and depth of flavor to the otherwise standard fish dish.
- You don’t need to be a master chef to make this recipe at home because of the few ingredients and straightforward directions.
- The versatility of this meal lies in the fact that it may be prepared using a wide selection of fish.
- Lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids may be found in abundance in fish, and the inclusion of potatoes boosts the meal’s fiber and nutrient content.
- Even if some members of your family aren’t fish aficionados, I guarantee that they will enjoy this dish.
- The potato crust provides for a stunning appearance, making this dish ideal for company or a special occasion.
- Easy on the wallet, this dish makes it possible to have a restaurant-worthy lunch without breaking the bank.
- Those with celiac disease or a sensitivity to gluten will be able to enjoy this dish without worry thanks to the potato crust.
- For those watching their carb intake, this dish is a great alternative because the breading has been replaced with potatoes.
- The fish gets a flavor boost from the herb and lemon zest mixture in the potato crust.
What Is Potato Crusted Fish Gordon Ramsay Recipe?
Gordon Ramsay is a famous British chef who is known for creating mouthwatering and simple to prepare seafood dishes, such as his Potato Crusted Fish. The recipe calls for a zesty lemon and herb salad to be served alongside a delectable piece of fish that has been encased in a crust made of crispy, golden-brown potato flakes.
- 4 white fish fillets (such as cod, haddock or tilapia)
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
🔪How To Make Potato Crusted Fish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them coarsely. Squeeze out any excess water from the grated potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and black pepper. Dredge each fillet in the grated potato mixture, pressing the potatoes firmly onto the fish to create a crust.
- Place the fish fillets into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the potato crust is golden brown.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 5-7 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon zest, thyme, parsley, chives, salt, and black pepper.
- Serve the potato crusted fish with the lemon and herb salad on the side.
- As you are constructing the potato crust, make sure that the potatoes are sliced thinly and evenly so that they will cook and crisp up in the oven in the same manner.
- Fillets of any kind of white fish, such as cod, haddock, or tilapia, are suitable substitutes for the ones called for in this recipe.
- Check the thickest section of the fillet with a fork to see if it easily flakes to determine whether or not the fish has been cooked all the way through.
- Before using the breadcrumbs to coat the fish, you can enhance the flavor of the meal by including some finely chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, or chives, into the breadcrumbs.
- If you do not have a pan that can be placed in the oven, you can place the fish in a baking dish and continue cooking it in the oven from there.
🍴 What To Serve With Potato Crusted Fish?
Fish with a potato crust pairs well with many other sides. A few suggestions:
- Roasted Potatoes: Make crispy roasted potatoes by cutting them into wedges, tossing them in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and baking them.
- Green Salad: A basic green salad with a homemade dressing should be served on the side.
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms: For delicious Garlic Butter Mushrooms, just sauté the mushrooms in garlic butter until they are soft and fragrant.
- Rice: Fish should be served with a side of rice seasoned with herbs and spices.
- Tomato Salad: A delicious salad can be made by mixing cherry tomatoes, sliced red onions, feta cheese, and a simple vinaigrette.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Here are a few suggestions for storing any leftover fish with a potato crust:
- Refrigerate: The leftover fish can be kept fresh in the refrigerator for up to three or four days if it is stored in an airtight container.
- Freeze: the fish by first wrapping it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, and then placing it in a freezer bag or another container that is airtight. It is possible to keep it in the freezer for up to two to three months.
- Meal preparation: If you want to eat the leftover fish within a few days, you may pre-portion it into individual meal preparation containers. This is helpful if you plan to eat the leftover fish. This makes it simple to reheat the food and serve it at a later time.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
To prevent the fish from losing its crispiness during the warming process, be sure to apply the following techniques:
How do you cook frozen potato crusted cod?
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the frozen fish fillets for 15 minutes. Flake the cod and lay it on a baking sheet that has been buttered. For 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, or until the salmon is opaque and the potato crust is golden and crunchy.
How do you keep baked fish moist?
Baking fish can be done in a number of ways that all maintain the fish moist even after baking. For extra flavor and moisture, use a marinade or sauce before baking. Alternatively, you might use a foil pouch to seal in moisture while roasting the fish. Keep in mind that fish tastes best when cooked to medium-doneness. Fish should be baked until it is just opaque throughout. This will keep the fish wet and tender.
Should you wash frozen fish before cooking?
No, washing frozen fish prior to cooking it is not required. Before beginning to cook the fish, it must first be defrosted in the refrigerator.
Should I bake my Potato Crusted Fish covered or uncovered?
It is recommended that you bake your fish with a potato crust without any cover. This will assist the fish in forming a crust that is golden and crisp. Covering it will prevent the potatoes from being crispy and will instead cause them to simmer.
How long should Potato Crusted Fish sit before baking?
It is recommended that, after applying the potato crust to the fish, you wait anywhere from five to ten minutes before baking it. This will assist the crust to adhere to the fish more effectively and will stop the fish from coming apart while it is being cooked.
What is the best temperature to bake Potato Crusted Fish?
It is recommended that the Fish with a Potato Crust be baked at a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
Potato Crusted Fish Gordon Ramsay Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 270
- Total Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 22 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 0 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Vitamin A: 0 %
- Vitamin C: 0 %
- Calcium: 0 %
- Iron: 4 %