If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that is sure to please everyone, look no further than the Texas Sheet Cake. The Pioneer Woman’s Texas Sheet Cake is a classic recipe that is both easy to make and absolutely delicious. This decadent cake is made with a moist chocolate cake base, topped with a creamy chocolate icing, and finished with a sprinkle of pecans. It’s sure to be the star of any occasion!
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake:
- It’s an easy and quick dessert to make.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser, perfect for potlucks, barbecues, and other gatherings.
- It’s rich, chocolaty, and moist, making it the perfect cake for chocolate lovers.
- The frosting is smooth, creamy, and slightly nutty, making it the perfect complement to the rich chocolate cake.
- It’s a classic dessert that has stood the test of time, and Pioneer Woman puts her own spin on this classic recipe.
- The cake is large, making it perfect for feeding a crowd, and it’s easily customizable with different toppings and flavors.
- It’s a no-fuss dessert, no need to worry about layering or frosting a complex cake.
- The cake is easily transportable, making it the perfect dessert for events outside of the home.
- It’s an affordable dessert option, using simple ingredients that are easy to find and inexpensive.
- The cake is versatile and can be enjoyed any time of the year, making it the perfect go-to dessert recipe.
What Is Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake is a classic dessert recipe made with a rich and chocolaty cake base and topped with a smooth and creamy frosting. It’s a one-pan dessert that’s quick and easy to make, perfect for feeding a crowd. The cake is baked in a large sheet pan, which gives it its signature size and shape. The cake itself is made with simple ingredients, including flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and buttermilk, and the frosting is made with butter, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar.
The frosting is poured over the cake while it’s still warm, which helps it to set into a smooth and creamy texture. Overall, Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake is a classic dessert that’s rich, chocolaty, and delicious, and it’s sure to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake Ingredients
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the frosting:
How To Make Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set this mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and boiling water and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from heat.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Gradually add the cocoa mixture and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture, buttermilk, and vanilla extract, and continue to mix until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cocoa powder and milk and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from heat and add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the frosting over the hot cake and spread it evenly to cover the entire surface. Let the cake cool completely before serving.
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake:
- Use high-quality cocoa powder. The cocoa powder is a key ingredient in the cake batter and frosting, so using a good-quality brand can make a big difference in the flavor.
- Boil the water first. Make sure to boil the water before adding it to the cocoa powder and butter mixture, as this will help to dissolve the cocoa powder and create a smooth mixture.
- Mix the batter well. Be sure to mix the cake batter thoroughly, making sure there are no lumps. This will ensure that the cake bakes evenly and has a smooth texture.
- Pour the frosting on the hot cake. The key to getting a smooth, creamy frosting is to pour it onto the hot cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. This will help the frosting to spread evenly and set up nicely.
- Let the cake cool completely. Before serving the cake, be sure to let it cool completely. This will allow the frosting to set and the cake to firm up, making it easier to cut and serve.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the cake. To ensure clean, even slices, use a serrated knife when cutting the cake. This will prevent the cake from tearing or crumbling as you cut.
What To Serve With Texas Sheet Cake?
Texas Sheet Cake is typically served as a dessert and can be paired with a variety of items to enhance the overall dining experience. Here are a few options to consider serving with Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake:
- Ice cream: A scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream would be a delicious addition to the rich, chocolate cake.
- Whipped cream: A dollop of whipped cream can add a light and creamy contrast to the dense cake.
- Fresh fruit: Adding fresh fruit like strawberries or raspberries can add a sweet and tangy flavor to the dessert.
- Coffee: A cup of coffee or espresso would make a great pairing with the chocolate cake, especially for those who love a classic dessert and coffee combination.
- Milk: A glass of cold milk would also be a great addition to the dessert, as the creamy milk would help to balance out the rich flavors of the cake.
How To Store Texas Sheet Cake?
Here are a few tips for storing Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake:
Note: To keep the frosting from melting or separating, it’s best to store the cake at room temperature or in the refrigerator and not in the freezer.
How To Reheat Texas Sheet Cake?
Here are a few ways to reheat Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake:
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F and place the cake in an oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the frosting from drying out, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Microwave: If you’re reheating an individual slice, place it on a microwave-safe plate and heat it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Place the cake in a skillet or saucepan and heat it over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
Note: Be sure to reheat the cake until it’s just heated through and not overly hot, as this can cause the frosting to melt or separate. Also, be careful not to overheat the cake in the microwave, as this can cause it to become dry or rubbery.
How is a Texas Sheet Cake different from other chocolate cakes?
The main difference between a Texas Sheet Cake and other chocolate cakes is that is it made with a thin batter and baked in a large sheet pan. This makes it a much easier and faster cake to make compared to other chocolate cakes that are typically baked in round or square cake pans. Additionally, the thin batter results in a cake that is not overly sweet and has a rich, dense texture.-
What type of pan is best to use when making a Texas Sheet Cake?
The best pan to use when making a Texas Sheet Cake is a 13×9” baking pan. This size pan provides the perfect ratio of cake to frosting and will result in a cake that is neither too thick nor too thin.
Is there a way to make a Texas Sheet Cake without butter?
Yes, it is possible to make a Texas Sheet Cake without butter. To do so, substitute the butter with a neutral-flavored oil, such as canola or vegetable oil. The resulting cake will be slightly less rich, but still moist and delicious.
Can I make a Texas Sheet Cake with other flavors?
Absolutely! While the classic Texas Sheet Cake is made with chocolate, you can use any flavor you like. For example, you can use peanut butter, caramel, or your favorite candy bar to create a unique and delicious cake.
Does a Texas Sheet Cake need to be frosted?
No, a Texas Sheet Cake does not need to be frosted. It is just as delicious served plain, or you can top it with a simple dusting of confectioners sugar. Or, you can top it with your favorite fruit, such as strawberries or blueberries.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Blackberry Crepe Cake
- Sour Cream Pancakes Pioneer Woman
- Sheet Pan Pancake Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman Texas Sheet Cake Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 370
- Total Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Carbohydrates: 53.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sugar: 34.3g
- Protein: 3.6g