The Tater Tot Casserole made by the Pioneer Woman will take you to a whole new level of taste. This traditional recipe is a contemporary take on the traditional comfort food that we are all familiar with and appreciate. It is a dinner that is sure to win over the approval of everyone in the household because it consists of alternating layers of ground beef, a velvety cheese sauce, and crispy tater tots.
In addition, the dinner is simple to prepare and can be ready in a short amount of time. So round up all of the necessary components, and get ready to prepare this mouthwatering dish. Let’s get started!
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
- Pioneer Woman Green Bean Casserole With Mushrooms
- Paula Deen Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Pioneer Woman’s Tater Tot Casserole:
- It’s a hearty and filling dish that’s perfect for chilly nights.
- The combination of tater tots, ground beef, and cheese is sure to please everyone at the dinner table.
- It’s easy to make and can be prepared ahead of time for convenience.
- The leftovers taste just as good the next day, making it a great option for meal prep.
- It’s a kid-friendly dish that’s sure to become a family favorite.
- You can customize the recipe by adding in your favorite veggies or spices to make it your own.
- It’s a one-dish meal, which means less cleanup after dinner.
- It’s a budget-friendly meal that won’t break the bank.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser, making it perfect for potlucks or family gatherings.
- It’s a classic comfort food that will leave you feeling warm and satisfied.
What Is Pioneer Woman Tator Tot Casserole Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman’s French Fries recipe is a classic dish that features crispy and perfectly seasoned potato fries that can be enjoyed as a snack or a side dish. This recipe is easy to follow and uses simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. The recipe requires soaking the potato slices in cold water to remove excess starch, and then frying them in small batches until they are light brown and tender.
The fries are then removed from the oil and drained on paper towels before being fried again at a higher temperature until they are golden brown and crispy. The fries are then seasoned with salt and pepper to taste and served immediately.
Pioneer Woman Tator Tot Casserole Ingredients
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 bag (32 ounces) frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make Pioneer Woman Tator Tot Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion over medium heat until the beef is browned and cooked through. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Spread the tater tots in an even layer in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the beef mixture over the tater tots.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the beef mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the tater tots are crispy and golden brown.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Use frozen tater tots: Frozen tater tots work best for this recipe, as they are already cooked and will become crispy on top of the casserole.
- Brown the beef: Browning the ground beef before adding it to the casserole will give it more flavor and ensure it’s fully cooked.
- Add vegetables: Adding vegetables like diced onions, bell peppers, or mushrooms can add more flavor and nutrients to the casserole.
- Customize the seasoning: You can adjust the seasoning to your taste preferences. Some popular options include adding garlic powder, paprika, or chili powder.
- Top with cheese: Adding shredded cheese on top of the casserole during the last few minutes of baking will make it cheesy and delicious.
- Let it rest: After removing the casserole from the oven, let it rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to settle and make it easier to cut and serve.
- Use a large baking dish: Make sure to use a large baking dish that’s deep enough to hold all of the ingredients without overflowing. A 9×13 inch baking dish is typically a good size for this recipe.
What Sides Goes With Tator Tot Casserole?
Tater Tot Casserole is a hearty dish that can be served on its own, but it can also be paired with some sides to make a complete meal. Here are a few options:
These are just a few options, but you can experiment with different sides to find the perfect combination that works for you.
What Is The Best Way To Store Tator Tot Casserole?
- In The Fridge: To store Tater Tot casserole in the fridge, allow it to cool down to room temperature first. Then, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- In The Freezer: To store it in the freezer, wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
How To Heat Tator Tot Casserole?
Here are a few different ways to heat up tater tot casserole:
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the tater tot casserole in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until heated through.
- Microwave: Place a portion of the tater tot casserole in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Place the tater tot casserole in the basket and air fry for about 10-12 minutes, or until heated through and crispy.
- Toaster Oven: Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F. Place the tater tot casserole in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
Make sure to check the internal temperature of the casserole with a thermometer to ensure that it has reached a safe temperature of 165°F.
Can I make Tater Tot Casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the casserole ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just be sure to add a few extra minutes to the baking time since it will be cold.
Can I use a different type of meat in Tater Tot Casserole?
Yes, you can use ground beef, turkey, chicken, or even vegetarian meat substitutes.
Can I substitute the cream of mushroom soup with something else?
Yes, you can substitute cream of chicken soup or cream of celery soup for the cream of mushroom soup in this recipe.
How do I prevent the Tater Tots from getting soggy?
To prevent the Tater Tots from getting soggy, bake them separately on a baking sheet for a few minutes before adding them to the casserole.
Can I make Tater Tot Casserole in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make Tater Tot Casserole in a slow cooker by layering the ingredients and cooking on low for 4-6 hours.
Try More Recipes:
- Breakfast Potato Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Hash Brown Egg Casserole
- Beef Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman Tator Tot Casserole Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 477
- Total Fat: 26.4g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- Carbohydrates: 36.4g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
- Sugars: 3.4g
- Protein: 21.5g