If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to preserve the taste of summer strawberries, look no further than Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam. Created by Ree Drummond of the popular food blog The Pioneer Woman, this recipe is a simple and delicious way to enjoy the taste of fresh strawberries all year round.
With only a few ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for up to a year. Whether you’re looking for a topping for your pancakes or a spread for your sandwiches, this strawberry freezer jam is sure to become a family favorite.
There are several reasons why you will love this Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam recipe:
- The recipe is easy to make: With only a few simple ingredients and a minimal amount of prep work, this recipe is easy to make.
- The jam is delicious and full of fresh strawberry flavor: The recipe uses fresh strawberries, sugar and pectin to create a jam that is bursting with the delicious taste of summer strawberries.
- The jam can be stored in the freezer for up to a year: This jam can be stored in the freezer for up to a year, which means you can enjoy the taste of fresh strawberries even when they’re out of season.
- The jam is versatile: You can use this jam as a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream, toast, sandwiches or even a glaze for meat.
- The recipe is a great way to use up extra strawberries: If you have an abundance of strawberries, this recipe is a great way to use them up and preserve them for later.
- The recipe is a great way to make a homemade gift: You can jar up the jam and give them as a gift to family and friends.
- The recipe allows you to control the sugar and ingredients: By making your own jam, you can control the amount of sugar and ingredients that go into it, making it healthier and more natural.
In summary, this Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam recipe is an easy and delicious way to preserve the taste of fresh strawberries and enjoy them all year round. The recipe is versatile, easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for up to a year, making it a great option for anyone looking to make a homemade jam.
What Is Strawberry Freezer Jam?
Strawberry freezer jam is a type of homemade jam that is made with fresh strawberries, sugar, and pectin. Unlike traditional jams that are cooked on the stove and then canned, freezer jam is made with fresh fruit and a small amount of sugar, and then stored in the freezer. The pectin, a natural gelling agent, allows the jam to thicken and set without the need for cooking.
The result is a jam that is bursting with fresh fruit flavor and has a texture that is slightly softer than traditional cooked jams. Because it is stored in the freezer, it can be enjoyed all year round. Pioneer Woman’s recipe uses a simple and delicious way to make the jam and it can be stored in the freezer for up to a year.
Pioneer Woman Strawberry Freezer Jam Ingredients
- 4 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 quarts whole strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (1.75 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
How To Make Pioneer Woman Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Crush the strawberries and measure out 4 cups of crushed strawberries.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed strawberries, sugar, and pectin.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar and pectin are well combined. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, stir the mixture again. If the mixture is not thickening, add more pectin one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Ladle the jam into clean, airtight containers and cover.
- Let the jam sit at room temperature for 24 hours before storing it in the freezer.
- The jam can be stored in the freezer for up to a year.
Note: If you prefer a sweeter or less sweet jam, you can adjust the amount of sugar used in the recipe. You can also use a different type of sweetener such as honey or maple syrup.
This recipe is easy to make and can be stored in the freezer for up to a year, making it a great option for anyone looking to make a homemade jam. You can enjoy it as a topping for pancakes, waffles, ice cream, toast, sandwiches or even a glaze for meat.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam:
By following these tips, you can make a delicious, homemade strawberry freezer jam that will be enjoyed all year round and have the same delicious taste and texture.
What To Serve With Strawberry Freezer Jam?
There are several options for what to serve with Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam:
- Toast or English Muffins: Spread the jam on toast or English muffins for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
- Yogurt or Oatmeal: Mix the jam into yogurt or oatmeal for a sweet and healthy breakfast option.
- Pancakes or Waffles: Use the jam as a topping for pancakes or waffles for a delicious breakfast treat.
- Ice Cream: Serve the jam over vanilla ice cream for a sweet and refreshing dessert.
- Baked goods: Use the jam as a filling for cakes, cookies, pastries, or even as a glaze for cakes or cupcakes.
- Grilled cheese: Spread the jam on bread before making a grilled cheese sandwich for a sweet and savory twist.
- Meat glaze: Use it as a glaze for grilled meats like pork, chicken or even as a sauce for barbecue.
- Cheese plate: Serve the jam alongside a variety of cheeses for a delicious appetizer or snack.
Overall, the best way to serve the strawberry freezer jam is with something that could balance the sweetness with something savory or something that could complement the flavor of the strawberry such as cheese, meats or even with something sweet like pancakes or ice cream.
Here are some tips on how to store Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam:
- Allow the jam to sit at room temperature for 24 hours: This will allow the pectin to fully activate and thicken the jam.
- Use airtight containers: Use containers that seal tightly to prevent freezer burn and to keep the jam fresh.
- Label the containers with the date: This will allow you to keep track of how long the jam has been in the freezer.
- Store the jam in the freezer: The jam can be stored in the freezer for up to a year.
- Take out the jam from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours before using it.
- Once opened, store the jam in the refrigerator and use it within a month.
- If the jam has been in the freezer for a long time, or if you notice any signs of spoilage, it is better to discard it.
By following these tips, you can store your homemade Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam for up to a year, and enjoy it whenever you like, even when strawberries are out of season. Remember that the texture of the jam may change after being frozen, but the taste will be the same.
How To Thaw Strawberry Freezer Jam?
Here are some tips on how to thaw Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam:
- Take the jam out of the freezer and transfer it to the refrigerator.
- Allow the jam to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Once thawed, give the jam a good stir to redistribute any separated juices or fruit.
- Use the jam within one month after thawing.
You can also thaw the jam by placing the container in a bowl of lukewarm water. This will thaw the jam faster but keep an eye on the container to avoid over thawing.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to thaw your Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Freezer Jam and enjoy its delicious taste and texture as if it was just made.
What type of pectin should I use?
The fruit pectin must be in powdered form since it is called for in the recipe. If you use a different pectin than the one specified in the recipe, the finished product may not be what you were expecting it to be.
Can I use different types of sweeteners?
In both the cooking and the baking that you do, it is quite acceptable for you to try out a variety of different kinds of sweeteners. Honey, maple syrup, and even Stevia are just a few examples of the types of sweeteners that fall under this category.
Can I add different flavors to the jam?
It is possible to impart a variety of various flavors to the jam by utilizing a wide range of components, such as vanilla extract, lemon zest, or even mint. These flavors can be imparted in a variety of different ways.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
You absolutely have the option of making use of frozen strawberries; nevertheless, the flavor will be significantly improved if you utilize fresh strawberries rather than frozen ones in this recipe.
How should I store the jam after thawing?
After the jam has been allowed to defrost, you should put it in the refrigerator and consume it within a week’s time. Be cautious to check the date that is printed on the jar to see whether or not the jam can still be consumed safely.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Strawberry Freezer Jam Nutrition Fact
|Serving Size||1 tablespoon (20g)|