Are you looking for a salad recipe that is full of taste and can be prepared regardless of the time of year? If you’re looking for a delicious salad, look no farther than The Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad! Fresh spinach leaves, juicy strawberries, crunchy pecans, and tangy feta cheese come together in this delicious salad to create the ideal harmony of sweet and sour flavors.
This salad, which is finished with a homemade dressing that is both easy and flavorful, is certain to become a new favorite in the household. This salad is excellent for a light and healthy supper that is packed with flavor, and it can either be served as a side dish or as the main course. Either way, it will not disappoint.
More Recipes From us:
There are so many reasons to love Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad! Here are just a few:
- It’s healthy: This salad is packed with nutrients, including fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants. The spinach is a great source of iron and folate, while the strawberries provide vitamin C and potassium.
- It’s flavorful: The combination of sweet strawberries, tangy feta cheese, and crunchy pecans is absolutely delicious. Plus, the homemade dressing is the perfect finishing touch!
- It’s versatile: This salad can be served as a side dish or as a main course, depending on your preferences. You can also add or swap out ingredients to make it your own – for example, adding grilled chicken or swapping out the pecans for almonds.
- It’s easy to make: This salad comes together in just a few minutes, and there’s no cooking required. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or last-minute get-togethers.
What Is Pioneer Woman Spinach Strawberry Salad Recipe?
Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad typically includes a mix of baby spinach, sliced fresh strawberries, chopped pecans, crumbled feta cheese, and thinly sliced red onion. The salad is dressed with a simple homemade dressing made with olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper.
To make the salad, the spinach is washed and dried, and the strawberries are hulled and sliced. The pecans are toasted and chopped, and the red onion is thinly sliced. The feta cheese is crumbled and added to the salad.
Pioneer Woman Spinach Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing:
How To Make Pioneer Woman Spinach Strawberry Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, pecans, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad:
- Use fresh ingredients: To make the most flavorful salad, be sure to use fresh and high-quality ingredients. Look for bright and ripe strawberries and fresh baby spinach leaves.
- Toast the pecans: For extra flavor and crunch, try toasting the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Be sure to watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
- Make the dressing ahead of time: You can make the dressing up to a week ahead of time and store it in a jar in the fridge. Simply give it a good shake before using it on the salad.
- Add protein: If you’d like to make this salad a complete meal, try adding some protein. Grilled chicken or shrimp would be a great addition, or you could even add some chickpeas or black beans.
- Serve immediately: This salad is best served right after tossing it with the dressing, as the spinach can wilt quickly. If you need to make it ahead of time, keep the dressing separate and toss the salad right before serving.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make a delicious and healthy Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad that’s sure to impress!
What To Serve With Spinach Strawberry Salad?
Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad is a great side dish for many different main courses. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with it:
How To Store Spinach Strawberry Salad?
Here are a few ways to store Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad:
- In the fridge: If you need to store the salad for a short time, you can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge. Be sure to keep the dressing separate and toss the salad with the dressing right before serving.
- Pre-assembled in a mason jar: To make the salad portable or to pack for lunch, you can assemble the salad in a mason jar. Start with the dressing on the bottom, then add the strawberries, pecans, feta cheese, and finally the spinach on top. When you’re ready to eat, simply shake the jar to distribute the dressing.
- Freeze the components separately: If you have extra strawberries or spinach, you can freeze them separately for future use. Wash and dry the strawberries and freeze them on a baking sheet before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag. Blanch the spinach quickly in boiling water, then drain and squeeze out the excess water. Freeze the spinach in a freezer-safe bag as well. When you’re ready to make the salad, thaw the strawberries and spinach and assemble the salad as usual.
By following these storage tips, you can keep your Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad fresh and delicious for longer periods of time.
How To Thaw Spinach Strawberry Salad?
Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad is typically made fresh and eaten immediately. However, if you have leftovers or components of the salad that were frozen, here are a few ways to thaw them:
It’s important to note that thawed spinach and strawberries may be softer and less crisp than fresh ones. However, they will still retain their flavor and nutritional value.
How To Reheat Spinach Strawberry Salad?
Pioneer Woman’s Spinach Strawberry Salad is typically served cold and should not be reheated as it may cause the spinach and strawberries to wilt or become mushy. If you have leftovers, it’s best to store them in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them cold.
Can I make the dressing in advance?
Yes, you can make the dressing up to a week in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Be sure to shake or stir the dressing well before using it.
Can I use frozen strawberries in the salad?
Fresh strawberries are preferred, but if you don’t have access to them, you can use frozen strawberries that have been thawed.
Can I add chicken or other protein to the salad?
Yes, you can add grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a protein boost.
Can I make the salad ahead of time?
You can prepare the components of the salad ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge, but it’s best to toss everything together with the dressing right before serving to prevent the spinach from wilting.
Try More Recipes: