The Pioneer Woman’s Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes is a delicious and easy side dish that can be made with just a few simple ingredients. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or for feeding a crowd. Simply place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker, add your desired seasonings, and let the slow cooker do the work.
The end result is a soft and creamy sweet potato dish that is bursting with flavor. So, whether you’re looking for an effortless side dish or a comforting comfort food, the Pioneer Woman’s Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman French Dip Slow Cooker
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- Ease of Preparation: Simply place the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you.
- Minimal Ingredients: This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- Versatile: Can be served as a side dish or as a sweet and savory main dish.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether it’s a family dinner or a holiday gathering, this recipe is sure to impress.
- Flavorful: The combination of sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter creates a rich and delicious dish.
- Freezer-Friendly: Cook once and freeze for future meals or reheat leftovers for an easy and delicious side dish.
- Slow Cooker Convenience: The slow cooker allows for hands-off cooking, making it a great option for busy weeknights or entertaining.
- Healthy Option: Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients, fiber, and vitamins, making this dish a healthy addition to any meal.
- Budget-Friendly: Sweet potatoes are a budget-friendly ingredient and this recipe makes a large amount, making it great for feeding a crowd.
- Crowd Pleaser: Everyone will love the sweet and savory flavors of this slow cooker sweet potato dish.
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes recipe is a simple and flavorful dish that is made in a slow cooker. It involves cooking sweet potatoes in a mixture of spices, butter, brown sugar, and other ingredients to create a delicious and creamy side dish that pairs well with a variety of meals. This recipe is known for its ease of preparation, as all of the ingredients are combined in the slow cooker, allowing for hands-off cooking. The result is a dish that is rich, flavorful, and comforting, making it a popular choice for family meals, potlucks, and special occasions.
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup water
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Add water and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve as a side dish or mashed with a fork.
Note: You can also add maple syrup, vanilla extract, or other spices to the mixture for additional flavor.
Here are some tips for making Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes:
- Choose sweet potatoes that are similar in size so they cook evenly in the slow cooker.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into even pieces to ensure they cook evenly.
- Use a slow cooker liner to make clean up easier.
- Consider adding spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, or allspice to the slow cooker to add flavor to the sweet potatoes.
- Add a tablespoon or two of butter or coconut oil to the slow cooker to make the sweet potatoes extra creamy.
- For extra crunch, sprinkle brown sugar, chopped pecans, or marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes before serving.
- If you want to make a vegan version of this recipe, substitute vegan butter or margarine and use almond or coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
- Check the sweet potatoes for doneness after about 4 hours, but cooking times can vary depending on the size of the sweet potatoes and the temperature of your slow cooker.
- To make sure the sweet potatoes are cooked through, use a fork to test their tenderness. They should be easily pierced.
- Serve Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes as a side dish for holiday meals or as a sweet and comforting dessert.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes?
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes are a versatile side dish that can be paired with a variety of main courses. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with them:
In addition, you could also top the slow cooker sweet potatoes with a dollop of sour cream, chopped fresh herbs, crumbled bacon, or toasted pecans for added flavor and texture.
How To Store Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes?
To store slow cooker sweet potatoes, follow these steps:
- Let the sweet potatoes cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving again.
How To Freeze Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes?
To freeze slow cooker sweet potatoes, follow these steps:
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes?
To reheat Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes, you can use any of the following methods:
- Microwave: Transfer the sweet potatoes to a microwave-safe dish, cover with a lid or wrap in microwave-safe plastic wrap, and microwave on high in 1-minute increments until heated through.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F and transfer the sweet potatoes to a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake until heated through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stovetop: Transfer the sweet potatoes to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Slow Cooker: Transfer the sweet potatoes back to the slow cooker and heat on low until heated through. This method is best for keeping the sweet potatoes warm for a longer period of time.
How long do potatoes take to soften in slow cooker?
In a slow cooker set to low heat, potatoes will typically get more tender after an average of three to four hours. If you are using a high heat, the cooking time should be between between two and three hours.
Why soak sweet potatoes before cooking?
It is not required to soak sliced sweet potatoes before frying them, but doing so will result in crispier potatoes. The crispier potatoes can then be enjoyed. The starch in sweet potatoes can be more easily extracted by soaking them in cold water, which also makes it easier to crisp them up.
Do potatoes need to be submerged in slow cooker?
It may be helpful to remove some of the starch from sliced potatoes by soaking them in cold water first, but this step has nothing to do with actually cooking the potatoes. When being cooked in a slow cooker, the potatoes do not need to be covered with liquid.
Is it better to boil sweet potatoes whole or cut up?
When making mashed sweet potatoes, it is more efficient to cut the sweet potatoes rather than boil them whole because doing so will reduce the amount of time required. If you start the sweet potatoes in cold water, it will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes to boil about 4 pounds of diced sweet potatoes, which is roughly equivalent to six sweet potatoes.
Do sweet potatoes take longer to cook than normal potatoes?
Is the baking time for sweet potatoes longer than it is for normal potatoes? The cooking time for sweet potatoes is typically less than that of russet potatoes. However, the amount of time needed to cook the potatoes is dependent not only on the type of potato but also on its size.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.9 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Vitamin A: 39%
- Vitamin C: 7.2%
- Calcium: 2.3%
- Iron: 4.8%