The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a rotisserie-style chicken at home. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a tender and juicy chicken that’s perfect for a family dinner or a quick and easy meal. Whether you’re a busy mom, a college student, or anyone looking for a delicious and convenient meal, this slow cooker recipe is a must-try.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- Time-saving: The slow cooker does all the work, freeing up time for other tasks.
- Convenient: No need to turn on the oven or deal with messy oil splatters.
- Tender and juicy: The slow cooking process locks in moisture, resulting in a juicy and tender bird.
- Customizable: You can add spices, herbs, and other seasonings to create a unique flavor.
- Budget-friendly: Buying a whole chicken is often more cost-effective than purchasing individual cuts.
- Versatile: You can use the cooked chicken in a variety of dishes, such as salads, soups, and casseroles.
- One-pot meal: You can cook vegetables or grains alongside the chicken in the slow cooker, making it a complete meal.
- Easy clean-up: The slow cooker does not require constant attention and cleaning up is a breeze.
- Feeds a crowd: The slow cooker can accommodate a large chicken, making it a great option for entertaining.
- Aroma: The mouth-watering scent of a slow-cooking rotisserie chicken will fill your home, making it a comforting and inviting atmosphere.
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe is a simple and convenient way to make a juicy and flavorful rotisserie-style chicken in a slow cooker. The recipe uses a mixture of spices and herbs to create a seasoned rub that is massaged into the chicken, giving it a delicious flavor and aroma. The chicken is then slow-cooked in the slow cooker until it is tender and cooked through. This recipe is great for a weeknight dinner or a lazy weekend meal, and it can be easily adapted to suit your tastes and preferences.
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Ingredients
- 4-5 lb. whole chicken
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, cut in half
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, thyme, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the mixture all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker, tucking the wings under the body. Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
Here are a few recipe tips for Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken:
- Choose the right size chicken: Make sure the chicken fits snugly in the slow cooker, you may have to remove the neck and backbone to make it fit.
- Season liberally: Rub the chicken with spices and herbs to add flavor, both inside and outside.
- Add aromatics: Place garlic, onions, lemon or other aromatics inside the chicken to add extra flavor.
- Use a meat thermometer: Make sure the internal temperature reaches 165°F for safe cooking and proper doneness.
- Let it rest: Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Make a gravy: Use the juices from the slow cooker to make a quick gravy to serve with the chicken.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken?
Here are a few options to consider serving with slow cooker rotisserie chicken:
- Mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables
- A salad or coleslaw
- A crusty bread or garlic bread
- Rice or quinoa
- Pasta or noodles
- Baked beans or corn on the cob
- Grilled or steamed vegetables.
How To Store Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken?
- Storing in the Fridge: Place the cooked chicken in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap or foil. Keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezing: Wrap the cooked chicken in plastic wrap or foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Meal Prepping: Cut the chicken into portions and store in individual containers in the refrigerator or freezer for easy meal prep throughout the week.
- Reusing the Leftovers: Use the cooked chicken in casseroles, salads, sandwiches, tacos, and more for a quick and easy meal.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken?
- Microwave: Place the chicken in a microwave-safe dish, cover with a lid or wrap with plastic wrap to prevent drying out, and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, checking and stirring every 30 seconds, until heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat a pan over medium heat, add the chicken and a splash of chicken broth or water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is heated through.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken in an oven-safe dish, cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Toaster Oven: Place chicken in a toaster oven-safe dish and heat on the bake setting for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Grill: Heat grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until heated through and slightly charred.
Can I use boneless chicken instead of bone-in chicken in the Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken recipe?
Yes, boneless chicken breasts or thighs can be used in this recipe. Bear in mind that the amount of time needed to cook may vary.
How long should I cook Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken?
Cooking time can vary depending on the size of your chicken and the heat of your slow cooker. On average, it takes 4-6 hours on low heat or 2-3 hours on high heat.
What kind of spices can I use to season the Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken?
You are free to use any combination of herbs and spices that strikes your fancy, such as smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried rosemary, and dried oregano.
Can I make the Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken in the oven instead of a slow cooker?
Yes, the seasoned chicken can be baked in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, or until it achieves an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Can I use a different type of slow cooker than what the recipe calls for?
You are free to use whatever slow cooker that you own, regardless of whether it is round or oval in shape. You may prepare the dish well with either shape.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Rice
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Rotisserie Chicken Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 25g