The Pioneer Woman’s slow cooker pork chops recipe is a delicious and convenient way to make a hearty and satisfying meal. Using a slow cooker, this recipe allows the pork chops to cook low and slow, resulting in tender and juicy meat that is full of flavor. This recipe is perfect for busy families and home cooks looking for an easy and delicious meal.
Why The Slow Cooker Is Great For Cooking Pork Chops
A slow cooker is great for cooking pork chops because it cooks the meat gently over a long period of time at a low temperature. This helps to break down the fibers of the meat and make it more tender, while also helping to retain more moisture.
The low and slow cooking method also allows the flavors from the liquids and seasonings to be absorbed by the meat, resulting in a delicious and flavorful meal. Additionally, a slow cooker is convenient as it allows you to set it and forget it, leaving you free to do other things while the pork chops cook.
About Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Pork Chops Recipe
The recipe starts by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper, then browning them in a skillet for added flavor. Next, the pork chops are transferred to a slow cooker and topped with a flavorful sauce made from chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.
The slow cooker then does all the work, leaving you with a delicious and comforting meal that is ready to be served. This recipe is easy and delicious, perfect for any occasion, and sure to please any palate.
Slow Cooker Pork Recipe Chops Ingredients
- 4-6 boneless pork chops: Use boneless cuts for easy eating.
- Salt and pepper: Season the pork for maximum flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil: Use for browning and added flavor.
- 1 onion, diced: Adds flavor and texture to the dish.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced: Garlic brings a lot of flavor to the dish.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth: Creates a flavorful sauce.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce: Adds a rich and savory taste.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar: A touch of sweetness to balance the flavors.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika: Gives a smoky flavor and a hint of heat.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional): Add for a little extra heat, omit for a milder dish.
How To Cook Pork Chops In Slow Cooker
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the pork chops and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer the pork chops to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, or until the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned over the top.
How Long Do Pork Chops Take In The Slow Cooker?
The cooking time for pork chops in a slow cooker can vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops and the desired level of doneness.
It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork, it should reach 145°F in order to be safe to eat.
How Do You Keep Pork Chops From Drying Out In A Slow Cooker?
To keep pork chops moist in a slow cooker, add liquid such as broth, place vegetables on the bottom, cook on low heat, use a lid, add thickening agents, and remove pork chops at an internal temperature of 145°F, also let them rest before serving.
How To Store Leftovers In The Fridge
To store leftovers of the slow cooker pork chops recipe in the refrigerator, place the leftover pork chops and any remaining sauce in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, simply place the leftovers in a microwave-safe dish and heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
To store the leftovers in the freezer, place the pork chops and sauce in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw, transfer the frozen pork chops and sauce to the refrigerator overnight or until thawed. Once thawed, reheat the pork chops in a microwave-safe dish or in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes, or until heated through.
How To Reheat Cold Slow-Cooked Pork chops In Different Ways
- Microwave: Place the cold pork chops in a microwave-safe dish and cover them with a lid or a microwave-safe plate. Heat on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the cold pork chops on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Heat in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a little bit of oil. Place the cold pork chops in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until heated through.
What To Serve With This Meal
The Pioneer Woman’s slow cooker pork chops recipe can be served with a variety of sides to make it a complete and well-rounded meal. Some popular options include:
Slow-Cooked Pork Chops Nutrition Facts
4 oz cooked pork chop:
- Calories: 275
- Total Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Sodium: 552mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 2.9g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
- Sugars: 2.5g
- Protein: 26.5g