The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes is a delicious and convenient way to enjoy creamy and comforting mashed potatoes any day of the week. With this recipe, you can prepare your potatoes in the slow cooker, freeing up your stovetop for other dishes and saving you time and energy.
The result is perfectly cooked, fluffy, and buttery mashed potatoes that are sure to be a hit with your family and guests. Whether you’re serving them as a side dish or as a main dish, these slow cooker mashed potatoes are a must-try recipe that you’ll make again and again.
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Queso
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Dressing
There are many reasons why you’ll love this Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes recipe:
- Convenience: The slow cooker does all the work for you, so you can spend time on other things while your potatoes are cooking to perfection.
- Hands-Off Cooking: The slow cooker allows you to cook your potatoes without having to continually check on them or stir them, making it a great option for busy weeknights.
- Perfectly Cooked Potatoes: The slow cooker gently cooks the potatoes, resulting in perfectly tender and fluffy mashed potatoes every time.
- Rich and Creamy Texture: The addition of butter and milk to the potatoes in the slow cooker creates a rich and creamy texture that is sure to satisfy.
- Versatile Dish: These mashed potatoes can be served as a side dish, topped with gravy, or used as a base for other dishes, making them a versatile addition to your meal planning.
- Large Batch: The slow cooker allows you to make a large batch of mashed potatoes, making it perfect for feeding a crowd or for leftovers.
These are just a few of the reasons why you’ll love this Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes recipe. So why not give it a try and see for yourself how delicious and convenient slow cooker mashed potatoes can be!
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes recipe is a simple and delicious way to make creamy and comforting mashed potatoes using a slow cooker. The ingredients typically include potatoes, butter, milk, salt, and pepper. The potatoes are peeled, cut into chunks, and cooked in the slow cooker with the other ingredients until they are tender. Then they are mashed until they are smooth and creamy, and they are ready to be served.
This recipe is a great way to make a large batch of mashed potatoes without having to constantly check on them or worry about boiling water. With the Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes recipe, you can have perfectly cooked, creamy, and delicious mashed potatoes any day of the week.
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 6-8 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Place the peeled and cut potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Add the butter, milk, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the potatoes on low heat for 4-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and can be easily mashed with a fork.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, use a potato masher or a large fork to mash the potatoes until they are smooth and creamy.
- If the mashed potatoes are too thick, you can add more milk as needed. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the mashed potatoes hot, garnished with extra butter and freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes!
Here are some tips for making the best Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
- Use starchy potatoes: Russet potatoes are the best type of potatoes to use for this recipe because they are starchy and absorb liquids well, resulting in creamy mashed potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes long enough: Make sure to cook the potatoes long enough in the slow cooker so they are tender and easy to mash. Cooking on low heat for 4-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours should be enough.
- Use whole milk and unsalted butter: Using whole milk and unsalted butter will add creaminess and richness to the mashed potatoes. You can use other types of milk, such as half and half or heavy cream, for even more richness.
- Mash the potatoes well: Make sure to mash the potatoes thoroughly, so there are no lumps. Use a potato masher or a large fork to mash the potatoes. If you prefer smoother mashed potatoes, you can use a potato ricer or a food processor.
- Adjust the consistency: If the mashed potatoes are too thick, you can add more milk or cream to reach the desired consistency. If the mashed potatoes are too thin, you can add more potatoes or a small amount of flour to thicken them up.
- Season to taste: Taste the mashed potatoes and add additional salt and pepper as needed. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic, rosemary, or thyme, to add more flavor.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes?
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes can be served with a variety of dishes, including:
Enjoy your Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes with any of these delicious and satisfying options!
How To Store Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes?
Here’s how to store Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
Fridge: Place the mashed potatoes in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes?
Here’s how to reheat Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
- Microwave: Transfer the mashed potatoes to a microwave-safe dish and cover with a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap. Heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Stovetop: Transfer the mashed potatoes to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through. You can add a little bit of milk or butter to keep them creamy and smooth.
- Oven: Transfer the mashed potatoes to an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake in a 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through.
Note: The reheating time may vary depending on the amount of mashed potatoes and your microwave, stovetop, or oven. Be sure to stir the mashed potatoes well before serving to ensure an even texture.
Can I use other types of potatoes for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of potato you prefer, such as russet, yukon gold, or red potatoes.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the mashed potatoes ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Do I need to peel the potatoes for this recipe?
No, you don’t have to peel the potatoes for this recipe, but you can peel them if you prefer.
Can I add other seasonings to the mashed potatoes?
Yes, you can add other seasonings to the mashed potatoes, such as chives, green onions, or cheese.
How long does it take to cook the mashed potatoes in a slow cooker?
It takes about 4-5 hours to cook the mashed potatoes in a slow cooker on the high setting or 6-8 hours on the low setting.
How can I make the mashed potatoes creamier?
You can make the mashed potatoes creamier by adding more butter, milk, or cream.
How do you keep mashed potatoes warm for a party?
The best way to keep mashed potatoes warm for a party is to use a slow cooker set on low heat or a double boiler. Both methods will help maintain the temperature and texture of the potatoes.
How do you keep mashed potatoes warm for a potluck?
To keep mashed potatoes warm for a potluck, use an insulated food container, reheat in a saucepan or microwave, or transfer to a slow cooker set on low heat.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman French Dip Slow Cooker
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Nutrition Fact
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (60g)