Macaroni and cheese made in a slow cooker using the Pioneer Woman recipe is the quintessential comfort food. This buttery and creamy pasta dish is a crowd-pleaser and is ideal for those busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to cook. Because the slow cooker performs all of the work, all you have to do is kick back, relax, and enjoy a bowl of piping hot, mouthwatering mac & cheese. This recipe is likely to be a favorite with your loved ones, regardless of whether you serve it as the main course or as an accompaniment to another meal.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- This Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese is a creamy, cheesy and delicious comfort food that you will love.
- Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for busy weeknights or when you want a satisfying meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
- The slow cooker does all the work, so you can relax and enjoy the mouthwatering aroma that fills your home.
- The end result is a velvety, comforting and satisfying pasta dish that will become a family favorite.
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese is a comfort food classic, reinvented for the slow cooker. With creamy and cheesy noodles, this dish is sure to warm your heart and soul. A simple mixture of pasta, cheese, milk, and spices are combined to create a decadent, creamy, and irresistible dish that will be the star of any meal. So sit back, relax, and let the slow cooker do the work for you with this must-try Pioneer Woman recipe!
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese Ingredients
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 cups whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese, shredded
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions, until al dente.
- In a separate saucepan, heat the milk over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour, dry mustard powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add the warm milk to the butter mixture, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Add the cheddar and monterey jack cheese, and stir until melted and smooth.
- Combine the cooked macaroni with the cheese sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until heated through and the cheese is melted.
Here are some tips to make your slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe a success:
- Use high-quality cheese: Select a good-quality cheese that has a strong flavor, as it will help enhance the taste of the dish.
- Cook pasta correctly: Cook the pasta al dente, which means not too soft and not too hard, as it will help prevent the pasta from becoming mushy in the slow cooker.
- Don’t overcook: Overcooking the pasta can result in a mushy texture, so make sure to check it frequently and avoid overcooking.
- Avoid clumping: Stir the macaroni and cheese every 30 minutes to avoid clumping and to make sure the cheese is melted evenly.
- Use a large slow cooker: A larger slow cooker is ideal for this recipe as it provides enough space for the ingredients to cook evenly.
- Experiment with seasonings: Feel free to add your favorite seasonings, such as garlic powder, paprika, or red pepper flakes, to add extra flavor to the dish.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese?
You can serve Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese with a variety of sides that complement its creamy texture and bold flavor. Some creative options include:
- Garlic bread: Toast slices of bread and spread with garlic butter for a crispy, flavorful side.
- Roasted vegetables: Roast a variety of vegetables like broccoli, carrots, or zucchini in the oven to add color, crunch, and nutrition to your meal.
- Salad: Serve a simple greens salad with a light dressing for a refreshing contrast to the rich and cheesy pasta dish.
- Grilled meats: Grill up some chicken, steak, or shrimp for a complete meal that covers all your protein and veggie needs.
- Pickles and olives: Offer a variety of pickles and olives as a tangy and salty snack to enjoy with the mac and cheese.
How To Store Slow Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese?
In The Fridge: You can store leftover Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
In The Freezer: To freeze, let it cool completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or freezer-safe ziplock bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible, label and date, then freeze for up to 2 months.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese?
You can reheat Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese in several creative ways:
- Stovetop: Transfer the mac and cheese to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through.
- Microwave: Place the mac and cheese in a microwave-safe dish and heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until heated through.
- Oven: Transfer the mac and cheese to an oven-safe dish, cover with foil, and heat in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Air Fryer: Transfer the mac and cheese to an air fryer basket, and heat at 360°F for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Toaster Oven: Transfer the mac and cheese to an oven-safe dish and heat in a toaster oven set to 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
What type of cheese is best for Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese?
The best type of cheese for Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese is sharp cheddar cheese. Another good option is a blend of cheeses, such as a combination of sharp cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan cheeses.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
You can certainly prepare the components of the dish ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until it is time to prepare the meal.
Can I double the recipe for a larger crowd?
Yes, you can double the recipe to serve a larger crowd, but you may need to adjust cooking time.
Can I use gluten-free macaroni for this recipe?
Yes, macaroni that does not contain gluten can be used in this recipe. Make sure to read the label carefully to determine whether or not the macaroni has been verified as being free of gluten.
Can I use milk instead of heavy cream?
Any recipe can use milk as a suitable substitute for heavy cream without compromising its integrity; however, the end result may have a slightly different consistency as a result of the change.
Is it necessary to stir the macaroni during cooking?
Yes, it is absolutely necessary to give the macaroni a quick stir every so often while it is cooking in order to prevent it from being stuck together in clumps. This will stop the macaroni from sticking together after it has been cooked.
Try More Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman
- Chicken Cacciatore Slow Cooker Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Macaroni And Cheese Nutrition Fact
|Nutrient||Amount per Serving (1/8 of Recipe)|