Prepare yourself for a supper that will fill you with warmth and contentment by making The Pioneer Woman’s Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings. This time-honored dish, which can be produced with the aid of your slow cooker to save you time and effort, is the epitome of cozy fare, and it is ideal for warming you up on winter evenings. Whether you’re a follower of The Pioneer Woman or you just enjoy a good meal prepared in a slow cooker, you’re going to adore this dish because of how easy it is to prepare but how flavorful the end result is.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce
- Slow Cooker Ham And Beans Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
- You’ll love this Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe because it’s a comforting, one-pot meal that will warm you up from the inside out.
- The slow cooking process infuses the broth with rich, savory flavors and tenderizes the chicken to perfection.
- The fluffy dumplings soak up the flavorful broth and provide a comforting texture that will keep you coming back for more.
- With its classic taste and effortless preparation, this slow cooker meal is sure to become a family favorite.
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings recipe is a hearty and comforting dish made with tender chunks of chicken simmered in a flavorful broth, and topped with fluffy dumplings. The combination of savory chicken and soft, pillowy dumplings makes this dish a crowd-pleaser.
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings Ingredients
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings
- To prepare the chicken breasts, place them in a slow cooker and season them with one teaspoon each of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, basil, and rosemary.
- After adding the frozen vegetables, pour in the chicken broth.
- Flour, baking powder, and one teaspoon of salt should each be combined in their own basin.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and melted butter using a whisk.
- When the dry components are combined with the wet ingredients and mixed together, a soft dough should result.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of the dough on top of the chicken mixture that is already in the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue to cook on the lowest setting for 6-7 hours, or until the chicken is fully cooked through and the dumplings have puffed up and become soft. To be served hot.
Here are some tips for making Pioneer Woman’s Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings recipe:
- Use a high-quality chicken broth for maximum flavor.
- Cook the chicken until it is fully cooked and falling off the bone before adding the dumplings.
- For best results, use a large slow cooker so that the dumplings have enough space to cook evenly.
- Consider adding in some fresh herbs like thyme or parsley to boost the flavor of the dish.
- Make sure to drop the dumplings in spoonfuls into the slow cooker, rather than in one big clump, for even cooking.
- Don’t lift the lid on the slow cooker too frequently as this can impact the cooking time and affect the texture of the dumplings.
- Serve the chicken and dumplings hot, topped with chopped herbs or grated cheese for extra flavor.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings?
Slow cooker chicken and dumplings can be served with a variety of side dishes. Some popular options include:
- Steamed or roasted vegetables such as carrots, green beans or corn
- Salad greens, such as mixed greens, coleslaw or a Caesar salad
- Baked potatoes or mashed potatoes
- Rice or a crusty bread to sop up the broth.
How To Store Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings?
Storing Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings can be done in a few easy steps:
- Let the dish cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
- Label the container with the date.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To reheat, place in the microwave or on the stove in a saucepan until heated through.
- Alternatively, place in a 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes until heated through. Enjoy your delicious, warm and comforting Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings again!
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings?
- Microwave: Transfer the chicken and dumplings to a microwave-safe dish and cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Pour the chicken and dumplings into a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the dumplings are heated through.
- Oven: Transfer the chicken and dumplings to an oven-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Slow Cooker: Transfer the chicken and dumplings back to the slow cooker and heat on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through.
Can I use pre-cooked chicken in this recipe?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked chicken in this recipe. Simply shred the chicken and add it to the slow cooker at the end of the cooking time.
Can I use homemade dumplings instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use homemade dumplings instead of store-bought. Simply drop spoonfuls of your favorite dumpling batter into the slow cooker before the last hour of cooking.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, it is possible to make this recipe gluten-free by substituting the regular flour used in the dumplings with gluten-free flour and by using gluten-free chicken broth.
Can I make this recipe in the oven?
The answer is yes, you may use the oven to create this recipe. Bake the dumplings at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes, or until they are completely cooked through.
Can I use canned biscuits instead of dumplings?
You can use canned biscuits instead of dumplings, that is not a problem at all. Cut each biscuit into four pieces and arrange them in a grid pattern on top of the chicken mixture. Follow the specific baking instructions.
How do I thicken the sauce?
Mixing cornstarch and ice water together in a bowl and then pouring the mixture into the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking will result in a sauce that is thicker.
Can I make this recipe in a pressure cooker?
Yes, you can make this recipe in a pressure cooker. Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, then release the pressure and add the dumplings. Cook on high pressure for an additional 5 minutes.
- Chicken Cacciatore Slow Cooker Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken And Dumplings Nutrition Fact
|Serving Size||1/2 cup (122g)|