The Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce recipe is a delicious and easy way to make a sweet and nutritious snack or dessert. With just a few simple ingredients, this recipe creates a warm and cozy dish that is perfect for cool fall evenings. Whether served as a side dish or as a topping for ice cream or oatmeal, this Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- Slow Cooker Ham And Beans Pioneer Woman
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Broccoli Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are some reasons why you will love this Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce:
- It’s easy to make: With only a handful of ingredients and minimal preparation, this recipe is a breeze to make.
- It’s versatile: Serve the applesauce as a side dish, a topping for ice cream or oatmeal, or as a sweet snack on its own.
- It’s a healthy treat: Made with fresh apples and a touch of cinnamon, this applesauce is a healthy and nutritious treat.
- It’s perfect for fall: The warm and cozy flavors of this applesauce make it the perfect dish to enjoy on a crisp autumn evening.
- It’s a crowd-pleaser: This recipe is sure to be a hit with family and friends, making it the perfect dish for entertaining or a special treat.
What Is Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce is a delicious and easy to make dish made with apples, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. The ingredients are combined in a slow cooker and simmered until the apples are soft and the sauce is thick and flavorful. The end result is a sweet and comforting applesauce that can be served as a side dish, a topping, or as a sweet snack. This recipe is perfect for fall and is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce Ingredients
- 6 lbs apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup water
How To Make Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce
- In a slow cooker, combine apples, sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and water.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or until apples are soft.
- Mash apples with a potato masher or a fork until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve hot or cold as a side dish, topping or snack.
Note: You can also add spices such as nutmeg, allspice, or cloves to the mixture for extra flavor.
- Use a variety of apples for a more complex flavor. A mix of tart and sweet apples works best.
- Adjust the sugar level to your liking. More or less sugar can be added depending on the sweetness of the apples.
- Try using a hand blender for a smoother texture.
- To keep apples from browning, add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice to the mixture.
- For a chunkier applesauce, don’t mash the apples as much.
- For a spicier applesauce, add in ginger, nutmeg or allspice.
- Serve hot or cold with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
What To Serve With Slow Cooker Applesauce?
Slow cooker applesauce is a versatile side dish that can be served with many different main dishes. Some popular options include:
- Pork chops or roasted pork tenderloin
- Grilled or roasted chicken
- Meatloaf or beef brisket
- Pork roast or ham
You can also serve it as a topping for oatmeal, yogurt, ice cream, or pancakes. Additionally, you can use it as an ingredient in baking recipes, such as muffins, cakes, or pies.
To store slow cooker applesauce, follow these steps:
- Allow the applesauce to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the applesauce to an airtight container.
- Label the container with the date and type of applesauce.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- To freeze the applesauce, transfer it to a freezer-safe container or a freezer bag. Squeeze out any excess air and seal tightly. Label with the date and type of applesauce. Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Note: If you’re not sure if the applesauce is still good, check its aroma and taste. If it smells or tastes off, it’s best to discard it.
How To Reheat Slow Cooker Applesauce?
To reheat Slow Cooker Applesauce, you have a few options:
Note: Heating times may vary based on the quantity and heat method used. Always be careful not to overheat the applesauce, as it may lose its texture and flavor.
Can I use different types of apples for the recipe?
Yes, you can use different types of apples for the recipe. Different apples will have different levels of sweetness and tartness, so you may need to adjust the amounts of sugar and other ingredients accordingly.
Can I add sugar or other sweeteners to the applesauce?
Yes, you can add sugar or other sweeteners to the applesauce. However, you may want to consider other ways to add sweetness, such as adding cinnamon or nutmeg. You may also want to consider using natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
Is it necessary to peel the apples before slow cooking?
No, it is not necessary to peel the apples before slow cooking. Many recipes call for the apples to be left unpeeled, as the peels can add flavor and nutrition to the dish.
What if my applesauce is too sweet or too tart?
If your applesauce is too sweet, you can add a few drops of lemon juice to balance out the sweetness. If it is too tart, add some sugar or honey to sweeten it up.
Can I make a larger batch of applesauce in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can make a larger batch of applesauce in the slow cooker. Depending on the size of your slow cooker, you can double or triple the recipe. Make sure to adjust the number of ingredients accordingly.
Can I use a pressure cooker instead of a slow cooker to make applesauce?
Yes, you can use a pressure cooker to make applesauce. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time and pressure settings according to the type and size of apples you are using. For example, firmer apples like Granny Smith will take longer to cook than softer varieties like Gala or Honeycrisp. Additionally, you may need to adjust the amount of liquid or other ingredients you use to avoid boiling off too much liquid or burning the applesauce.
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Pioneer Woman Pulled Pork Slow Cooker
Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Applesauce Nutrition Fact
|1/2 cup (122g)||97||0g||1mg||25g||4g||19g||0g|