The Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich is a delicious and easy-to-make sandwich that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. This sandwich is made with tender, juicy roast beef, topped with caramelized onions, melted cheese, and a tangy horseradish sauce, all piled high on a toasted bun.
This dish is a great way to use leftover roast beef, and it’s perfect for those who are looking for a hearty and satisfying sandwich. The Pioneer Woman’s recipe is easy to follow and can be customized to your liking. With its bold flavors and tender, juicy meat, this roast beef sandwich is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
You’ll love this Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich because it is:
- Flavorful: The combination of tender, juicy roast beef with caramelized onions, melted cheese, and tangy horseradish sauce creates a bold and delicious flavor that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- Easy to make: The recipe is simple and easy to follow, making it perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- Customizable: You can customize the sandwich to your liking by using different types of cheese, bread, or by adjusting the amount of horseradish sauce to your preference.
- Great for leftovers: This recipe is great for using up leftover roast beef, making it a great way to repurpose leftovers and avoid food waste.
- Hearty and Satisfying: The sandwich is hearty and filling, making it perfect for a satisfying meal any time of day.
- Perfect for a crowd: This recipe is easy to scale up, making it perfect for feeding a crowd.
Overall, The Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich is a delicious and easy-to-make sandwich that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, with its bold flavors and tender, juicy meat, this roast beef sandwich is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
What Is Roast Beef Sandwich?
A roast beef sandwich is a sandwich made with thinly sliced roast beef, typically served on bread, such as a baguette, roll, or sliced bread. The sandwich is usually topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and condiments such as mayonnaise, mustard, or horseradish sauce. Roast beef sandwiches can also be served with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, or other toppings.
It is a popular sandwich option and it can be found in many delis and sandwich shops. Roast beef sandwiches can also be made at home, using leftover roast beef or store-bought deli-sliced roast beef. This type of sandwich is considered a classic, hearty and satisfying sandwich, perfect for lunch or dinner.
Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich Ingredients
- 1 lb deli-sliced roast beef
- 4 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 slices of cheese (cheddar, swiss, or provolone)
- Caramelized onions
- Horseradish sauce
- Lettuce and tomato (optional)
- Butter, for spreading on bread
- Salt and pepper, to taste
How To Make Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich
- Start by preparing the caramelized onions. Slice one large onion and cook it in a skillet over medium heat with a little oil and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally, until the onions are caramelized and browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the onions are caramelizing, spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the bread butter side down in a skillet or on a griddle over medium heat.
- Add cheese on top of the bread in skillet and let it melt.
- Add roast beef on top of cheese, then spoon caramelized onions over the roast beef.
- Spread horseradish sauce on the other slice of bread, then top the sandwich with it.
- Press the sandwich down with a spatula, and cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from skillet, let it cool down a bit, cut it in half and serve.
You can also add lettuce and tomato for added flavor and texture. This recipe can be customized to your liking, you can use different types of bread, cheese, or adjust the amount of horseradish sauce to your preference.
Here are a few tips for making the perfect roast beef sandwich:
- Use good quality roast beef: The quality of the roast beef will greatly impact the flavor of the sandwich. Try to use a good quality deli-sliced roast beef for the best flavor.
- Caramelize your onions: Caramelizing the onions adds a sweet and savory flavor to the sandwich that can’t be beat.
- Choose the right bread: The bread is an important component of the sandwich. A soft, fluffy bread will not hold up well to the juicy roast beef and toppings, so it’s best to use a sturdy bread like a baguette, ciabatta or sourdough.
- Don’t skimp on the cheese: Adding cheese to the sandwich not only makes it more delicious but also helps keep the sandwich together.
- Add condiments: Adding condiments like horseradish sauce, mayonnaise or mustard can help bring out the flavors of the roast beef and add a nice kick to the sandwich.
- Don’t over-stuff the sandwich: It’s easy to get carried away and pile on too much roast beef, cheese, and toppings, but this can make the sandwich difficult to eat and can cause the bread to fall apart.
- Toast the bread: Toasting the bread helps to keep the sandwich together and gives it a nice crunch.
- Make it your own: Feel free to add or remove ingredients based on your preferences.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect roast beef sandwich every time.
What To Serve With Roast Beef Sandwich?
Here are a few ideas for sides to serve with a roast beef sandwich:
- Potato Chips: A classic side to serve with a sandwich, potato chips add a nice crunch and a salty flavor that complements the roast beef well.
- Coleslaw: A creamy coleslaw adds a nice contrast to the rich roast beef and helps to cut through the richness of the sandwich.
- Pickles: Pickles are a classic accompaniment to a roast beef sandwich, adding a tangy and refreshing flavor.
- Fries: French fries or sweet potato fries are a great side to serve with a roast beef sandwich, adding a crispy and comforting element to the meal.
- Salad: A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is a great way to add some freshness and balance to the meal.
- Soup: A bowl of hearty soup such as French Onion, tomato or even a creamy broccoli cheddar can be a great option to serve with a roast beef sandwich to make it more hearty and satisfying.
- Macaroni and cheese: A comforting side dish that can be a great option to serve with a roast beef sandwich, adding a creamy and comforting element to the meal.
- Grilled vegetables: Grilled vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, or asparagus add a nice contrast in texture and flavor to the roast beef sandwich.
Ultimately, the side dish that you serve with your roast beef sandwich will depend on your personal preferences and the occasion.
How To Store Roast Beef Sandwich?
Here are a few tips for storing a roast beef sandwich:
By following these tips, you’ll be able to store your roast beef sandwich and enjoy it later.
How To Reheat Roast Beef Sandwich?
Here are a few ways to reheat a roast beef sandwich:
- Oven: To reheat the sandwich in the oven, wrap it in foil and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes. This method will help to keep the sandwich warm and the bread crispy.
- Microwave: To reheat the sandwich in the microwave, wrap it in paper towel and heat it on high for about 1-2 minutes. This method is the quickest way to reheat the sandwich, but it can make the bread a bit soggy.
- Stovetop: To reheat the sandwich on the stovetop, place it in a skillet over medium heat, flipping it occasionally, until it’s heated through. This method will help to crisp the bread and keep the sandwich warm.
- Toaster Oven: This method is similar to oven method but with a smaller scale, you can use a toaster oven to reheat the sandwich, wrap it in foil and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5-7 minutes.
- Grilled: You can also reheat the sandwich by grilling it. Place it on a panini press or a skillet, press down and cook for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
It’s important to note that when reheating a sandwich, the bread may become a bit soggy, so if you want to keep the bread crispy, it’s best to reheat it in the oven or on the stovetop. No matter which method you choose, always make sure that the sandwich is heated through before eating.
What kind of bread is best for a roast beef sandwich?
The perfect bread for a roast beef sandwich is one that is sturdy, can take the sparkling gravy and gooey toppings, and doesn’t become soggy or fall apart under their combined weight.
How much roast beef should I use for a sandwich?
However, as a general rule, you should use approximately three to four ounces of roast beef for each sandwich. This, of course, entirely depends on your own unique preferences.
Can I make a roast beef sandwich ahead of time?
It is possible to prepare a roast beef sandwich in advance; but, in order to prevent the bread from becoming soggy, it is recommended that the sandwich be assembled just before it is to be consumed.
Can I freeze a roast beef sandwich?
It is not a good idea to freeze a roast beef sandwich since the bread will likely become soggy and the sandwich will likely lose its texture after defrosting from freezing.
Can I use leftovers roast beef for the sandwich?
It is true that one of the best ways to repurpose leftovers and reduce the waste of food is to make a sandwich out of roast beef that has been sitting in the refrigerator.
Can I use different types of cheese for the sandwich?
To answer your question, yes, you are allowed to use a selection of cheeses for the sandwich. Among them are cheddar, provolone, and Swiss cheese, to name a few examples.
Can I make this sandwich low-carb?
It is possible to prepare a sandwich with less carbohydrates by substituting standard bread for a lettuce wrap or a portobello mushroom in place of the usual bread.
Pioneer Woman Roast Beef Sandwich Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 291
- Total Fat: 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 21 mg
- Sodium: 799 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Protein: 19.2 g