The Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a fall breakfast or brunch. This dish combines the classic flavors of French toast with the warmth of pumpkin spice, making it the perfect dish to enjoy on a cool fall morning. The pumpkin puree and spices add a subtle sweetness and a rich pumpkin flavor that complements the rich and creamy custard, which is used to soak the bread.
The dish is finished with a drizzle of maple syrup, adding a touch of sweetness and making this dish irresistible. The French toast can be made with a variety of breads such as challah, sourdough, or Brioche bread, and can be served with a side of bacon or sausage for a complete meal. Whether you’re looking for a special breakfast to make for a holiday morning, or just want to enjoy a cozy fall meal, this dish is sure to please.
Try More Recipes From us:
- French Toast Bread Pudding Pioneer Woman
- Joanna Gaines’ French Toast Casserole
- Gordon Ramsay Hash Browns
Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast
There are many reasons why you’ll love this Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast:
- The pumpkin spice: The pumpkin puree and spices give a warm and comforting flavor to the dish, perfect for the fall season, and it adds subtle sweetness that pairs well with the custard, giving the dish a unique and irresistible taste.
- The custard: The custard mixture used to soak the bread is rich and creamy, giving the French toast a moist and fluffy texture.
- Versatile: This dish can be made with a variety of breads, such as challah, sourdough, or brioche, allowing you to customize it to your preference and use up any stale bread.
- Perfect for special occasions: This dish is perfect for special occasions, such as holidays or weekend brunches, and it’s easy enough to prepare for a crowd.
- Can be served with a variety of toppings: The French toast can be served with maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, or even caramel sauce for added sweetness, or even with bacon or sausage, for a more complete meal.
- Easy to make: This recipe is simple to follow and doesn’t require any special cooking skills or equipment.
All in all, The Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast is a warm, comforting, and delicious dish that is perfect for a fall breakfast or brunch, that can be enjoyed with friends and family.
What Is Pumpkin French Toast?
Pumpkin French toast is a variation of traditional French toast that incorporates pumpkin puree and spices, such as cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, into the batter or the custard mixture used to soak the bread. The pumpkin puree and spices give the dish a unique and comforting flavor that is perfect for the fall season. The pumpkin puree also adds natural sweetness to the dish and gives it a rich pumpkin flavor.
The dish is usually served with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or whipped cream, and it can be made with a variety of breads such as challah, sourdough, or brioche. Some variations can include the use of pumpkin spice syrups, or even adding a bit of brown sugar or vanilla to the custard mixture. Pumpkin French Toast is a delicious breakfast or brunch option that can make the perfect start to a fall morning.
Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast Ingredients
- 6 slices of bread (challah, sourdough, or brioche work well)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- butter or oil, for frying
- maple syrup, for serving
How To Make Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until well combined.
- Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and add butter or oil to coat the bottom.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, making sure both sides are well coated.
- Carefully place the slices of bread into the skillet or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Serve the French toast with maple syrup, powdered sugar, or whipped cream, and extra pumpkin spice if desired.
Optional toppings can include caramel sauce, chopped nuts, whipped cream or fruit. French toast can also be made with other breads such as croissants, cinnamon rolls, even slices of pumpkin bread. Additionally, you can add other spices like allspice or cloves to give more depth to the flavor.
Here are a few tips to help you make the best Pumpkin French Toast:
- Use stale bread: French toast is a great way to use up stale bread, so don’t worry if your bread is a few days old. Challah, sourdough, or brioche bread work well for this recipe, but you can also use any other type of bread you have on hand.
- Adjust the sugar: Depending on how sweet you like your French toast, you can adjust the amount of sugar you use. You can also use other sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.
- Add spices to your liking: The pumpkin pie spice is a blend of spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice which you can use, but feel free to add more of the spices you prefer or even use separate spices.
- Mix the custard well: Be sure to mix the custard ingredients well before coating the bread, and let the bread soak for a couple of minutes to ensure it’s well coated.
- Use enough butter or oil: You’ll need enough butter or oil in the pan to prevent the bread from sticking and to ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Store leftovers properly: Any leftover French toast can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Experiment with flavors: Feel free to play around with different flavorings, like adding vanilla extract, almond extract or even a splash of orange juice to the custard mixture.
- Serve it warm: Pumpkin French toast is best served warm, straight from the skillet or griddle, with your desired toppings.
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast?
Pumpkin French Toast is a delicious and versatile dish that can be served with a variety of foods. Some popular options include:
In general, you can get creative with the toppings you choose, and find the combination that best suits your taste. You can also experiment with different sides to go along with it, like a salad, roasted vegetables or a quiche for a complete breakfast or brunch.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast?
Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or can be frozen for up to 3 months. Here’s how to properly store it:
- Let the French toast cool to room temperature: After cooking the French toast, let it cool to room temperature before storing it.
- Use an airtight container: Transfer the French toast to an airtight container, such as a plastic container with a lid, or a plastic wrap.
- Label and date: Label the container with the name and date, making sure you keep track of the storing time.
- Store in the refrigerator: Place the container in the refrigerator, making sure that the French toast is covered, to avoid exposure to air which can cause the French toast to dry out.
- Serve at room temperature: French toast is best served warm, straight from the skillet or griddle, with your desired toppings.
Alternatively, if you are freezing the french toast, wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container or a heavy-duty freezer bag.
There are several ways to reheat Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast:
- Oven: Place the French toast on a baking sheet and reheat it in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
- Skillet: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add a little butter or oil to coat the bottom. Place the French toast in the skillet and heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until heated through.
- Microwave: Place the French toast on a microwave-safe plate and reheat it in the microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
It’s important to be mindful of the reheating time and check the french toast occasionally to avoid over heating and drying it out.
When reheating the French toast, you can also add a little butter or oil to the skillet or brush the French toast with butter before reheating it in the oven to keep it moist and add a nice crust on the outside.
Can I use canned pumpkin puree instead of fresh?
It is possible to use pumpkin puree from a can, but it must be pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling, which contains added sugar and spices. – Yes is the correct response to your inquiry.
Can I use sugar substitutes in this recipe?
Yes, sugar-free sweeteners such as Splenda, Stevia, or Monk Fruit can be used in place of the regular variety in this recipe. It is important to keep in mind, however, that some sugar replacements might not work as well as conventional sugar and might cause the recipe’s texture and flavor to change.
Can I use different type of bread?
Yes, you are able to use many kinds of bread such as challah, sourdough, or brioche bread; however, you are also free to experiment with other kinds of bread such as croissants, pumpkin bread, or cinnamon rolls.
Can I prepare the french toast the night before?
Yes, you are able to have the French toast ready the night before; however, it is recommended that you cook it the following morning because the custard will have a better chance to soak in and offer a more satisfying texture.
Can I add extra spices?
To give the dish a more complex flavor, you may certainly add additional spices such as ground cloves, allspice, or nutmeg to the mix.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Asian Noodle Salad
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Tater Tot Casserole
Pioneer Woman Pumpkin French Toast Nutrition Facts
|Nutrient||Amount per serving|
|Total Fat||14.2 g|
|Saturated Fat||7.7 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||37.3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 g|