Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for cold winter nights or as a warm lunch on a chilly day. This savory soup is made with tender chunks of prime rib, vegetables and broth, and is flavored with a rich blend of herbs and spices.
It’s a delicious and satisfying way to use up leftover prime rib and it’s a comforting and delicious meal that the whole family will love.
- Pioneer Woman Homemade Cream Of Chicken Soup
- Ham And Potato Soup Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Lasagna Soup
You’ll love this Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Soup because it is:
- Hearty and comforting: The tender chunks of prime rib, vegetables and broth make for a satisfying and filling meal.
- Flavorful: The rich blend of herbs and spices gives the soup a delicious, savory flavor that will warm you up from the inside out.
- Versatile: You can use it as a way to use left over prime rib or to make a comforting soup for a cold day.
- Easy to make: This soup is relatively easy to make and can be prepared in advance and reheated for a quick and easy meal.
- Family-friendly: This is a soup that the whole family will love and enjoy.
- Perfect for cold winter nights or as a warm lunch on a chilly day.
What Is Prime Rib Soup?
Prime Rib Soup is a type of soup that is made with chunks of cooked prime rib as the main ingredient. Prime rib is a type of beef roast that is cut from the upper rib of the cow and is known for its rich flavor and tenderness. The prime rib is cooked and then cut into small chunks or shredded, and then added to a flavorful broth made with vegetables and seasonings.
The soup is typically simmered until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have melded together. It’s a hearty, comforting and delicious soup that is perfect for cold winter nights or as a warm lunch on a chilly day.
Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Soup Ingredients
- 2 cups cooked prime rib, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
How To Make Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Soup
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, water, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the diced prime rib to the pot and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked egg noodles.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with chopped parsley before serving.
Note: You can also add additional vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, or potatoes to the soup, depending on your preference.
- If you don’t have leftover prime rib, you can use any cooked roast beef or steak cut, or even ground beef, as a substitute.
- For a thicker soup, you can add a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch mixed with a bit of water, before adding the beef broth.
- To make it a more filling meal, you can add some cooked potatoes, sweet potatoes, or squash for some added texture and nutrition.
- To give it a more southwestern touch, you can add some diced jalapeño or cayenne pepper to the soup.
- If you like a more creamy soup, you can add some heavy cream or sour cream at the end of cooking.
- You can also add some cooked noodles, rice or quinoa at the end of the cooking process.
- If you don’t have egg noodles you can use any other pasta like macaroni, shells or even spaghetti.
- If you have leftovers, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
What To Serve With Prime Rib Soup?
Prime Rib Soup is a hearty and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of sides. Some options for serving with Prime Rib Soup include:
- Bread: Serve a warm, crusty bread on the side. Sourdough, French bread or a baguette would be great options.
- Salad: A simple green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing makes a nice contrast to the rich flavor of the soup.
- Crackers: Crackers, such as oyster crackers or saltine crackers, can be crushed and added to the soup for added texture.
- Grated cheese: A sprinkle of grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese on top of the soup can add a nice cheesy flavor.
- Sandwiches: A sandwich made with a hearty bread, such as a Croque Monsieur or a Reuben, pairs well with the soup.
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, or Brussels sprouts make a great side to this soup.
- Mashed potatoes: A small serving of mashed potatoes on the side will make the meal even more filling and satisfying.
- A dollop of sour cream or crème fraîche can also be added on top of the soup before serving, to add a nice creaminess and tanginess to the soup.
How To Store Prime Rib Soup?
Prime Rib Soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
When storing in the refrigerator, make sure to cool the soup to room temperature before placing it in the refrigerator. This will help to prevent the growth of bacteria and ensure that the soup stays fresh for as long as possible.
How To Reheat Prime Rib Soup?
There are a few different ways to reheat Prime Rib Soup:
- Stovetop: Place the soup in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches the desired temperature. Be sure to reheat it slowly, as reheating too quickly can cause the soup to scorch or separate.
- Microwave: Transfer the soup to a microwave-safe dish, cover it with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap, and heat it in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Slow Cooker: To reheat a large batch of soup, you can also use a slow cooker. Simply pour the soup into the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it heat through.
If you are reheating the soup from frozen, make sure to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Can I make soup in advance?
Yes, most soups can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
How do I thaw frozen soup?
Soup can be thawed overnight in the refrigerator or by placing the frozen container in a bowl of cold water.
How do I make a thicker soup?
If your soup is too thin, you can thicken it by cooking it down, adding a starch like flour or cornstarch, or by pureeing some of the soup and adding it back in.
How can I make my soup more flavorful?
You can make your soup more flavorful by adding more spices and herbs, using a variety of different vegetables, or by using a flavorful broth or stock.
Can I add dairy to my soup?
Yes, many soups can benefit from the addition of dairy products such as cream, sour cream, or cheese.
Can I add protein to my soup?
Yes, you can add protein to your soup by adding cooked meats, poultry, or seafood.
Can I make a vegetarian or vegan version of this soup?
Yes, most soups can be made vegetarian or vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken or beef broth and omitting any meat or dairy products.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Prime Rib Soup Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 890mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g