Pepperoni Potato Salad by Pioneer Woman is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish. It features a flavorful combination of creamy potatoes, crunchy pepperoni, fresh celery and juicy cherry tomatoes, all tossed in a tangy Italian-style dressing. With its signature blend of flavors, it’s sure to be a hit at your next barbecue or potluck. Plus, it takes just minutes to prepare and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Try More Recipes:
Why You Will Love This Salad
- Easy to make: With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this salad ready in no time.
- Tasty: The combination of creamy potato salad and spicy pepperoni is a winning flavor combination.
- It is satisfying: The potatoes and pepperoni provide a satisfying, filling side dish.
- Versatile: This salad can be served at any occasion, from BBQs to weeknight dinners.
- Crowd-pleaser: Both adults and children will enjoy this salad, making it a great choice for potlucks and gatherings.
Pioneer Woman Pepperoni Potato Salad Ingredients
- Potatoes: These form the base of the salad and provide a creamy, starchy component. You can use any type of potato, but waxy potatoes like red potatoes or new potatoes tend to hold their shape better when boiled.
- Pepperoni: This adds a spicy and savory flavor to the salad. Be sure to dice the pepperoni into small pieces so that it is evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Mayonnaise: This helps to bind the ingredients together and adds a creamy, tangy flavor.
- Sour cream: This adds an additional layer of creaminess to the salad and helps to balance out the mayonnaise.
- Bell peppers: These add a crunchy texture and a pop of color to the salad. You can use any combination of red, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- Onion: This adds a sharp, pungent flavor to the salad. You can use any type of onion, but red onions tend to have a milder flavor.
- Cheddar cheese: This adds a savory and slightly sharp flavor to the salad. You can use any type of cheese, but cheddar works well with the other flavors in the salad.
- Salt and pepper: These seasonings help to bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Fresh herbs: These add a bright and fresh flavor to the salad. Parsley and chives work well in this dish.
- Pickles: These add a tangy and briny flavor to the salad. You can use diced pickles or pickle juice to add some extra flavor.
- Mustard: This adds a sharp and tangy flavor to the salad. You can use any type of mustard, but Dijon works well with the other flavors in the dish.
- Hot sauce: This adds a spicy kick to the salad. You can use any type of hot sauce, or omit it if you don’t like spicy foods.
How To Make Pioneer Woman Pepperoni Potato Salad
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until they are tender. Drain the potatoes and let them cool slightly.
- Dice the potatoes into small cubes and place them in a large bowl. Add the diced pepperoni to the bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and any optional ingredients (such as pickle juice or mustard). Pour the dressing over the potatoes and pepperoni.
- Add the diced bell peppers, onions, and cheese to the bowl. Stir everything together until the vegetables and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad for at least an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, give the salad a stir and adjust the seasoning if needed. Garnish with fresh herbs if desired.
How To Store Pepperoni Potato Salad
In The Fridge:
- Place the salad in an airtight container.
- Keep the salad in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Before serving, give the salad a stir and adjust the seasoning if needed.
In The Freezer:
- Place the salad in a freezer-safe container or zip-top bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn.
- Label and date the container.
- Freeze the salad for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, thaw the salad in the fridge overnight or for several hours at room temperature.
- Before serving, give the salad a stir and adjust the seasoning if needed.
Note: The texture of the potatoes and vegetables may change after being frozen and thawed, so it is best to use the frozen salad within a few days of thawing.
How To Reheat Pepperoni Potato Salad
In the oven:
In the microwave:
- Place the salad in a microwave-safe dish.
- Heat the salad on high power for 1-2 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Stir the salad and heat it for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute if needed.
In the air fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the salad in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the salad for 5-7 minutes, or until it is heated through.
- Stir the salad halfway through cooking.
In the stove:
Note: These cooking times are approximate and may vary depending on the size and type of container you are using. Be sure to keep an eye on the salad and adjust the cooking time as needed.
What To Serve With Pepperoni Potato Salad
Pepperoni Potato Salad is a great side dish that goes well with a variety of main courses. Here are some ideas for what to serve with it:
- Grilled meats: Pepperoni Potato Salad is a perfect side for grilled burgers, chicken, or steak.
- Sandwiches: Serve the salad alongside sandwiches such as BLTs, grilled cheese, or pulled pork.
- Pasta: Pair the salad with a pasta dish such as spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna.
- Soups: The salad is a great accompaniment to soups such as chili or minestrone.
- Add in some protein: You can add in cooked and crumbled sausage, bacon, or even shredded chicken to make the salad more filling.
- Mix in some veggies: Try adding in some diced tomatoes, cucumbers, or peas for some extra crunch and flavor.
- Use different types of potatoes: Instead of using waxy potatoes, you can try using starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Golds. You can also mix and match different types of potatoes for a unique flavor and texture.
- Try different types of cheese: Instead of using cheddar, you can use different types of cheese such as mozzarella, Gouda, or feta.
- Add some herbs: Fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, or dill add a bright and fresh flavor to the salad.
- Make it spicy: If you like things spicy, you can add some hot sauce or diced jalapenos to the salad.
- Make it creamy: For an extra creamy salad, you can add in some ranch dressing or avocado.
Vegan, keto, and gluten-free version of Pepperoni Potato Salad
For a vegan version:
For a keto version:
- Replace the potatoes with a low-carb alternative such as cauliflower or radishes.
- Use a keto-friendly mayonnaise, or omit the mayonnaise and sour cream altogether and use a combination of olive oil and lemon juice as the dressing.
- Use a low-carb pepperoni or omit it altogether.
For a gluten-free version:
- Use gluten-free potatoes, or a low-carb alternative such as cauliflower or radishes.
- Use a gluten-free mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Use a gluten-free pepperoni or omit it altogether.
- Potatoes: If you don’t have potatoes, you can use a low-carb alternative such as cauliflower or radishes. Alternatively, you can use other starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes or winter squashes.
- Pepperoni: If you don’t have pepperoni, you can use any other type of cured meat such as salami, prosciutto, or chorizo. You can also omit the meat altogether and use vegetables such as bell peppers or mushrooms for a vegetarian version.
- Mayonnaise: If you don’t have mayonnaise, you can use a combination of olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing. You can also use other types of condiments such as ranch dressing or a combination of yogurt and mustard.
- Sour cream: If you don’t have sour cream, you can use Greek yogurt or crème fraîche as a substitute. Alternatively, you can omit the sour cream and use extra mayonnaise.
- Bell peppers: If you don’t have bell peppers, you can use any other type of diced vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers, or peas.
- Onion: If you don’t have onion, you can use shallots or green onions as a substitute. Alternatively, you can omit the onion altogether.
Other Dressings To Use
- Ranch dressing: This adds a tangy and creamy flavor to the salad.
- Blue cheese dressing: This adds a tangy and slightly sharp flavor to the salad.
- Caesar dressing: This adds a savory and tangy flavor to the salad.
- Thousand Island dressing: This adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the salad.
- BBQ sauce: This adds a sweet and smoky flavor to the salad.
- Honey mustard: This adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the salad.
- Olive oil and lemon juice: This adds a light and bright flavor to the salad.
- Yogurt and mustard: This adds a tangy and slightly sharp flavor to the salad.
What Type Of Potatoes Should I Use
It is best to use Red potatoes or fresh potatoes keep their form nicely and don’t turn mushy when cooked. Alternatively, you might use Russets or Yukon Golds.
Can I Make Pepperoni Potato Salad Ahead Of Time
Yes, you can make the Pepperoni Potato Salad ahead of time. It is actually best to make it a day or two in advance as it allows the flavors to meld and the salad becomes more flavorful. Just be sure to store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
Yes, you may use any sort of pepperoni in the recipe. You may skip pepperoni and substitute salami, prosciutto, or bell peppers or mushrooms for a vegetarian version.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Biscuit Casserole
- Pioneer Woman Blackberry Crepe Cake
Pioneer Woman Pepperoni Potato Salad Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 300
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 10g16%
- Saturated Fat 2g10%
- Cholesterol 10mg4%
- Sodium 518mg22%
- Total Carbohydrate 23g8%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 9g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.