Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Pasta is a delicious and easy pasta recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. This dish features a creamy goat cheese sauce that is infused with flavorful herbs and spices, and is tossed with your favorite pasta.
The result is a comforting and satisfying dish that is sure to please everyone at the table. Whether you’re looking for a new and exciting pasta recipe or simply want to try something new, Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Pasta is definitely worth a try.
There are several reasons why you’ll love this Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Pasta recipe:
- Flavorful: The creamy goat cheese sauce is infused with flavorful herbs and spices that add depth and complexity to the dish.
- Easy to make: This recipe is easy to make and comes together quickly, making it perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
- Versatile: You can use any type of pasta you like and you can also add vegetables or proteins of your choice to make it more filling.
- Comforting: The creamy and comforting goat cheese sauce will make you feel like you’re indulging in a luxurious dish.
- Crowd-pleaser: This dish is sure to please everyone at the table, whether they’re a fan of goat cheese or not.
- Great for leftovers: The pasta will taste even better the next day, making it great for leftovers.
- Great for special occasions: The dish is elegant and delicious, perfect for special occasions.
- Easy to customize: You can customize the recipe to your liking by adding different herbs and spices, or by using different types of pasta.
- Can be made in advance: You can make the sauce in advance and store it in the fridge, then reheat it when you’re ready to cook the pasta.
- Nutritious: The dish is packed with proteins, fibers, and other essential nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
What Is Goat Cheese Pasta?
Goat Cheese Pasta is a dish that features pasta tossed in a creamy sauce made from goat cheese. Goat cheese, also known as chèvre, is a type of cheese made from the milk of goats. It has a tangy, slightly sweet, and unique flavor that is different from traditional cow’s milk cheeses.
In this dish, the goat cheese is typically combined with cream, butter, and seasonings such as garlic, herbs, and spices to create a rich and creamy sauce that is perfect for coating pasta. The pasta is then cooked and tossed in the sauce before being served. Some variations may include additional ingredients such as vegetables, meats, or nuts to make the dish more filling. Goat Cheese Pasta can be eaten as a main course or as a side dish.
Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Pasta Ingredients
- 8 oz pasta of your choice
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil or parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional: vegetables or proteins of your choice (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken, etc)
How To Make Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Crumble the goat cheese into the cream mixture and stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil or parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are using vegetables or proteins, saute them in a pan with a little bit of olive oil before adding them to the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until the pasta is well coated in the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in bowls and garnish with additional fresh herbs or grated cheese, if desired.
- Use high-quality ingredients: To get the best flavor, use high-quality ingredients such as fresh herbs, good quality goat cheese, and good quality pasta.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed. You may need to add more salt or pepper to suit your taste.
- Use the right pasta: The pasta you use can make a big difference in the final dish. Long pasta shapes like spaghetti or fettuccine work well with this sauce. Short pasta shapes like penne or rigatoni work well too.
- Add vegetables: To make the dish more filling, you can add vegetables like mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes to the sauce.
- Add protein: You can also add protein such as chicken or shrimp to the dish.
- Use different herbs: Feel free to use different herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or chives in place of basil or parsley, depending on your preference.
- Experiment with different cheeses: You can experiment with different types of cheeses like feta, blue cheese or gorgonzola to give it different flavor and texture.
- Use a high-quality olive oil: A high-quality olive oil will enhance the flavors of the dish, so don’t skimp on this ingredient.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a little spice
- Serve it with a fresh green salad, a good bread and a glass of wine to complete the meal.
What To Serve With Goat Cheese Pasta?
Goat Cheese Pasta is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of sides. Some options to serve with it include:
Ultimately, the best side dishes will depend on your personal preferences and the flavors of the dish.
How To Store Goat Cheese Pasta?
Goat Cheese Pasta can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Here are a few tips for storing the pasta:
- Allow the pasta to cool completely before storing it.
- Place the pasta in an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag.
- Make sure to press out as much air as possible before sealing the container or bag to prevent the pasta from becoming soggy.
- Label the container or bag with the date, so you know when you made it and can keep track of how long it has been stored.
- When reheating, it is best to heat it in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. If the pasta has dried out a bit, you can add a splash of cream or broth to help moisten it.
- Alternatively, you can reheat the pasta in the microwave, but be aware that the texture of the pasta may change.
- If you don’t plan on eating the pasta within 3 days, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze the pasta, allow it to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container or freezer bag. Make sure to press out as much air as possible before sealing the container or bag. When ready to eat, thaw the pasta in the refrigerator overnight and reheat as directed above.
How To Reheat Goat Cheese Pasta?
Goat Cheese Pasta can be reheated using a few different methods:
Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?
Yes, you can use different types of cheese in this recipe, such as feta, blue cheese, or gorgonzola, depending on your preference.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes, you can use a different type of pasta in this recipe, such as fettuccine, spaghetti, or penne.
Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, you can add vegetables to this recipe such as mushrooms, spinach, or tomatoes to make it more filling.
Can I add protein to this recipe?
Yes, you can add protein to this recipe such as chicken or shrimp to make it more filling.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Is this recipe suitable for a low-carb diet?
No, this recipe is not suitable for a low-carb diet as it contains pasta, which is high in carbohydrates.
Try More Recipes: