Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread is a delicious and wholesome type of bread that is made with dates and nuts. It is typically sweetened with honey or molasses, and it may also contain spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg for added flavor. The dates and nuts provide the bread with a chewy texture and a rich, nutty flavor, and they also add fiber, vitamins, and minerals to the bread. Date nut bread is a great option for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert, and it goes well with a variety of accompaniments, such as butter, cream cheese, or jam. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a tasty and satisfying treat.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread
There are many reasons to love date nut bread. Some of the key reasons include:
- It is a delicious and flavorful bread that is made with wholesome ingredients such as dates, nuts, and honey.
- It has a satisfyingly chewy texture and a rich, nutty flavor that is perfect for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert.
- It is packed with fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the dates and nuts, making it a healthy and nourishing option.
- It is versatile and can be enjoyed with a variety of accompaniments, such as butter, cream cheese, or jam.
- It is easy to make and can be prepared in advance and stored for later use.
Overall, date nut bread is a tasty and satisfying treat that is perfect for anyone who loves good food and wants to enjoy the benefits of healthy, natural ingredients.
What Is Date Nut Bread?
Date nut bread is a type of bread that is made with dates and nuts. It typically contains flour, eggs, and a sweetener such as honey or molasses, as well as spices such as cinnamon or nutmeg for added flavor. The dates and nuts give the bread a chewy texture and a rich, nutty flavor, and they also provide fiber, vitamins, and minerals to the bread. Date nut bread is a delicious and satisfying option for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert, and it goes well with a variety of accompaniments, such as butter, cream cheese, or jam.
Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (such as walnuts or pecans)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey or molasses
- 1/4 cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
How To Make Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs and honey or molasses together until well combined.
- Add the melted butter or oil to the egg mixture, and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Fold in the chopped dates and nuts, and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the bread in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until it is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove it from the pan and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice the bread and serve it with butter, cream cheese, or your favorite spread, or enjoy it on its own as a tasty and satisfying treat.
You can also experiment with different types of dates and nuts, as well as different sweeteners and spices, to create your own unique version of date nut bread. Enjoy!
Here are a few tips to help you make the best date nut bread:
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread?
Pioneer Woman Date nut bread is a delicious and satisfying treat that goes well with a variety of accompaniments. Some options for serving date nut bread include:
- Butter or cream cheese: A simple spread of butter or cream cheese is a classic way to enjoy date nut bread. The creamy, rich flavor of the spread complements the sweet, nutty flavor of the bread, making for a satisfying and satisfying snack.
- Jam or honey: If you want to add a touch of sweetness to your date nut bread, try spreading it with a spoonful of Blackberry Jam or drizzling it with honey. The fruitiness of the Strawberry Jam or the sweetness of the honey will balance out the nutty flavor of the bread and make it even more delicious.
- Hummus or avocado: For a savory accompaniment to date nut bread, try spreading it with a dollop of hummus or mashed avocado. The tangy, garlicky flavor of the hummus, or the creamy, rich flavor of the avocado, will complement the sweetness of the bread and add a delicious dimension to the flavor.
- Soup or salad: Date nut bread is also a great option for serving alongside a bowl of Baked Mushroom Soup or a fresh green salad. The bread can be used to dip into the soup or to soak up the dressing from the salad, making for a satisfying and nourishing meal.
- Cheese: If you are a cheese lover, try serving date nut bread with a selection of your favorite cheeses. The nutty, sweet flavor of the bread will pair well with a variety of cheeses, such as cheddar, gouda, or feta, and make for a tasty and satisfying snack.
Overall, the options for serving date nut bread are endless, so feel free to experiment and find the combination that you like best.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread?
At Room Temperature:
In The Fridge:
To store date nut bread at room temperature, wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and store it in a cool, dry place. Date nut bread will keep at room temperature for 3-5 days, depending on the humidity and temperature of your home.
To store date nut bread in the freezer, wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or foil, and place it in the freezer. Date nut bread will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you are ready to enjoy the frozen bread, thaw it overnight in the refrigerator, or let it sit at room temperature for a few hours until it is fully thawed.
Overall, proper storage is key to ensuring that your date nut bread stays fresh and delicious for as long as possible. By wrapping the bread tightly and storing it in the right environment, you can enjoy it at its best for days or even weeks after you make it.
How To Reheat Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread?
In The Oven:
In The Microwaves:
To reheat date nut bread in the microwave, place the bread on a microwave-safe plate and microwave it on high power for 30-45 seconds, or until it is heated through. Be careful not to overcook the bread in the microwave, as it can become dry and tough.
Is date nut bread healthy?
Yes, date nut bread is a healthy option because it is made with wholesome, natural ingredients such as dates, nuts, and honey. The dates and nuts provide the bread with fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making it a nourishing and satisfying snack. However, date nut bread is also high in sugar and calories, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Can I make date nut bread without sugar?
Yes, you can make date nut bread without sugar by using a sugar-free sweetener such as stevia or monk fruit extract in place of the honey or molasses. You can also try using dates that are naturally sweeter, such as Medjool dates, which will add sweetness to the bread without the need for added sugar.
Why does my date loaf sink in the middle?
Before the middle of the cake is fully baked, the gas produced by the leavening chemicals rises and exits. The layers of your cake will sink to the middle as a result of the collapse in the center. To get the best results, leavening chemicals must be measured to the exact centigram.
Why does my date loaf crack on top?
Too much heat is being produced by the oven. In the event that the top crust forms and hardens before the cake has finished rising, the center will try to push through it while it bakes, leading to cracks and possibly a dome. If your oven is too hot, check it using a thermometer and lower the heat.
How do I know if my bread is done?
Pan breads, freeform loaves, and soft rolls can all be checked for doneness with a thermometer (I recommend the Thermapen). Bread that is thoroughly cooked (soft and moist) but not over-baked has a center temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit (tough and dry).
- Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- White Chocolate Bread Pudding Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Pumpkin Banana Bread
Pioneer Woman Date Nut Bread Nutrition Fact
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 90mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 1g
- Iron 0.4%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 70
- Calories from Fat 9
- % Daily Value *
- Cholesterol 5mg2%
- Sodium 90mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 15g5%
- Dietary Fiber 1g4%
- Sugars 9g
- Protein 1g2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.