When it comes to comfort food, nothing beats a slow-cooked roast. The Pioneer Woman’s crock pot roast is a classic recipe that will bring warmth and a homey feeling to your dinner table. This easy recipe requires little effort but is sure to please your family.
The beef is slow-cooked in a flavorful mixture of vegetables and seasonings, resulting in a delicious, juicy roast that’s sure to become a family favorite. Serve this classic dish with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and a salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
- The Pioneer Woman Crock Pot Roast is a delicious dish that is easy to make and will surely impress your dinner guests.
- This slow cooker recipe is full of bold flavors and tender, juicy meat that will melt in your mouth.
- It is packed with a variety of delicious ingredients like onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, and beef broth, which combine to create a deep, flavorful gravy.
- The best part is that the dish requires minimal prep time and minimal effort, allowing you to spend more time with your family or guests.
What Is Crock Pot Roast?
Crock Pot Roast is a slow-cooked roast made in a slow cooker (or “Crock Pot”). It generally consists of beef, vegetables, and seasonings, and is cooked on low heat for several hours. The slow cooking process helps to tenderize the meat and infuse it with flavor. The vegetables can be added to the slow cooker during the last hour of cooking. For best results, it’s important to brown the meat before adding it to the slow cooker.
Pioneer Woman Crock Pot Roast Ingredients
- 3-4 lb. chuck roast
- onion, chopped
- 2carrots, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To MakePioneer Woman Crock Pot Roast
- Put the chuck roast in the slow cooker and turn it on low.
- Add the carrots, celery, and onion that have been chopped.
- Add the beef broth to the pan.
- On top of the roast, evenly distribute the thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on the lowest setting for 8-10 hours or on the highest setting for 5-6 hours.
- After the roast has finished cooking, take it from the slow cooker and use a fork to shred it before serving it. Enjoy!
- Make use of a beef cut of high quality: When creating a roast in a slow cooker, it is essential to make use of a cut of meat that is of excellent quality. Try to get your hands on a rump, chuck, or blade roast. Because these cuts have more fat and marbling, they are better able to maintain the roast’s juiciness and tenderness even after the extended cooking period.
- Sear the roast before adding it to the slow cooker: Before adding the roast to the slow cooker, sear it in a skillet over high heat. This will assist in preventing the liquids from escaping and in the creation of a delicious crust.
- Include flavorful liquids: If you want the roast to remain juicy and flavorful throughout the cooking process, include a liquid in the slow cooker. It works just as well with red wine, beef broth, or cider made from apples. To further enhance the flavor, you may also add herbs and spices.
- Avoid cooking it for an excessively long period of time: doing so can lead the roast to become dry and tough. Check the temperature of the roast’s inside after it has been cooking for 4-5 hours to prevent this from happening. A temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit should be reached on the inside.
- Give it some time to rest After the roast has finished cooking: give it ten minutes to rest before slicing it. This will assist in the redistribution of the liquids throughout the meat, making it even more tasty and tender than before.
What To Serve With Crock Pot Roast?
Sides that pair well with crock pot roast include mashed potatoes, vegetables, ,Mushroom Soup, garlic-roasted Brussels sprouts, roasted butternut squash, roasted root vegetables, and sweet potatoes. For starch, consider serving roasted potatoes, rice, or quinoa.
For a salad, consider a classic Caesar salad, a kale apple salad, or a spinach strawberry salad. For a vegetable side dish, consider broccoli, asparagus, or roasted cauliflower. For a soup to start, consider a roasted tomato soup or a creamy vegetable soup.
How To Store Crock Pot Roast?
In The Firdge:
In The Freezer:
If you want to store it for longer, the roast can be placed in a freezer-safe container and frozen for up to three months. *
If you want to keep the roast at room temperature, it should be sealed in an airtight container and consumed within two hours for food safety.
How To Reheat Crock Pot Roast?
In The Oven:
In The Microwave:
Put the beef roast in a dish that can be heated in the microwave, and cover it with a lid or a damp paper towel to keep it moist while it cooks. It should be heated on high for two to three minutes, or until it reaches the temperature that you want it to be.
In The Stovetop:
What type of meat is best for crock pot roast?
The best type of meat for a crock pot roast is usually a chuck roast or a rump roast. Both cuts are relatively inexpensive and have a good amount of fat and connective tissue, which help keep the roast moist and tender when cooked in the crock pot.
How long does it take to cook a crock pot roast?
The amount of time it takes to cook a roast in a crock pot might change based on a number of factors, including the size of the roast, the ingredients that are used, and the temperature of the crock pot. In general, a roast weighing 3 to 4 pounds will take approximately 8 hours to cook on low or 4-5 hours to cook on high.
Do I need to brown the meat before cooking it in the crock pot?
Although it is not required to brown the meat before placing it in the slow cooker, many people do it because they believe that it adds more flavor. The meat gets a beautiful caramelization from the browning process, and it also helps to keep the fluids inside.
What type of liquid should I use in the crock pot?
The type of liquid you should use in a crock pot depends on what you are cooking. For most recipes, you can use a variety of liquids such as water, broth, wine, beer, fruit juice, or a combination of any of these. It is important to use enough liquid to cover the food so that it cooks evenly.
Can I add vegetables to the crock pot with the roast?
Yes, you can definitely add vegetables to the crock pot with the roast. Just be sure to cut them into small pieces and add them to the pot at the beginning of the cooking time so that they cook thoroughly.
Can I cook a crock pot roast with barbecue sauce instead of a traditional gravy?
Yes, you can definitely cook a crock pot roast with barbecue sauce instead of a traditional gravy. You can mix the barbecue sauce with the other ingredients or pour it over the top of the roast as it cooks. Just be sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly since barbecue sauce is usually quite salty.
Try More Recipes:
- Beef Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Sirloin Steak Recipe
- Pioneer Woman Pinto Beans Slow Cooker
Pioneer Woman Crock Pot Roast Nutrition Fact
per 4-ounce serving