Looking for an elegant and delicious appetizer for your next party or gathering? Look no further than the Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms! This recipe combines savory and creamy crab filling with tender mushroom caps for a tasty and impressive appetizer that’s sure to impress your guests. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party, a family dinner, or a casual get-together, these crab stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to serve.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to make the Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, along with tips and tricks for serving and storing this delicious dish.
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- Pioneer Woman Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Balls
There are several reasons to love the Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. Here are just a few:
- Delicious flavor: The combination of savory crab filling and tender mushroom caps creates a delicious and flavorful appetizer that is sure to impress your guests.
- Easy to make: Despite their gourmet taste, these stuffed mushrooms are surprisingly easy to make, making them a great option for busy hosts who want to make an impressive appetizer without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Elegant presentation: The stuffed mushrooms are beautiful and eye-catching, making them a great appetizer option for formal events and holiday gatherings.
- Versatile: The recipe can be easily customized to suit your preferences, such as using different types of cheese or adding in extra spices.
- Make-ahead: You can prepare the crab filling ahead of time and assemble the mushrooms just before baking, making it a great option for those who want to prep ahead of time.
Overall, the Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious, elegant, and easy-to-make appetizer that’s perfect for any occasion.
What Is Pioneer Woman Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Crab Stuffed Mushrooms is a delicious appetizer dish made with mushroom caps stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, crab meat, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, and spices. It can be served hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Pioneer Woman Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Ingredients
- 24 large button mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained and picked over
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
How To Make Pioneer Woman Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the crabmeat, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the panko bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the crab mixture and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the panko mixture on top of each mushroom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
Note: You can also prepare the filling ahead of time and refrigerate it until you’re ready to assemble the mushrooms. This recipe makes 24 stuffed mushrooms, but can easily be scaled up or down to suit your needs.
Here are some recipe tips for making the Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Choose the right mushrooms: Look for large, firm button mushrooms that have a deep bowl shape to hold the filling. Remove the stems and chop them finely to add to the filling.
- Drain the crabmeat: Make sure to drain the crabmeat thoroughly to remove any excess water. Use your hands to gently pick through the crab to remove any shells.
- Use room temperature cream cheese: Soften the cream cheese before mixing it with the other ingredients. This will help it blend more easily and create a smooth filling.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to fill the mushrooms: A piping bag or a small spoon can help you fill the mushroom caps evenly without making a mess.
- Don’t overfill the mushrooms: Don’t overfill the mushroom caps with the crab mixture, as they can overflow during baking. A good rule of thumb is to fill the caps just below the top edge.
- Top with panko bread crumbs: The panko bread crumbs add a crispy texture to the stuffed mushrooms. Make sure to sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the filling before baking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley: Adding a sprinkle of fresh parsley on top of the mushrooms can add color and flavor to the dish.
By following these recipe tips, you can make delicious and visually appealing Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms that are sure to impress your guests.
What Sides Goes With Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are a versatile appetizer that can be served with a variety of sides and dippers. Here are some popular options:
Overall, the sides that go with the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms depend on your personal preferences, but these options are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
What Is The Best Way To Store Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
The best way to store Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms is to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. Here are some tips to help you store the stuffed mushrooms:
- Let them cool before storing: Allow the stuffed mushrooms to cool to room temperature before storing them in the fridge.
- Store in the coldest part of the refrigerator: Store the stuffed mushrooms in the coldest part of the fridge, which is usually the back of the bottom shelf.
- Use an airtight container: If you have an airtight container, you can place the stuffed mushrooms inside and store them in the fridge.
- Serve within a few days: The stuffed mushrooms can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. However, it’s best to serve them within a day for the best taste and texture.
By following these storage tips, you can ensure that your Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms stay fresh and delicious until you’re ready to enjoy them again.
To reheat Pioneer Woman’s Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, you can use an oven or a microwave. Here are the steps to follow:
- Oven method: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. This method will help the mushrooms maintain their texture and the crispy panko topping.
- Microwave method: Place the stuffed mushrooms on a microwave-safe plate and heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated through. Check the mushrooms frequently to avoid overcooking or overheating.
It’s important to note that reheating the stuffed mushrooms may change their texture and consistency, especially if they were stored in the fridge for a while. If you’re serving a large number of stuffed mushrooms, it’s recommended to use the oven method to ensure they’re all heated through evenly. If you’re only reheating a few mushrooms, the microwave method is a quick and easy option. In any case, be sure to monitor the mushrooms closely to prevent overcooking.
Can I use a different type of mushroom?
Yes, you can use portobello or cremini mushrooms instead of button mushrooms for a different flavor and texture.
Can I use canned crabmeat?
Yes, you can use canned crabmeat if fresh lump crab is not available. Drain it well and pick through it to remove any shells.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use different types of shredded cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or gruyere, for a different flavor.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the crab filling ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the mushrooms.
Can I freeze the stuffed mushrooms?
It is not recommended to freeze the stuffed mushrooms, as the texture and taste may be affected.
Can I add extra spices or herbs to the filling?
Yes, you can add extra spices or herbs, such as red pepper flakes, thyme, or parsley, to the crab filling to customize the flavor to your liking.
Try More Recipes:
- Marinated Mozzarella Balls Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Popcorn Balls
- Olive Cheese Balls Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 166
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 454mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 8g