Make this simple homemade Pioneer Woman Corn Bread recipe in under 30 minutes for a delicious southern-style side dish using cornmeal, sugar, flour, butter, milk, and eggs. It’s a great option for holiday dinners because it’s simple, cheap, and delicious.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Homemade White Bread
- Pioneer Woman Olive Cheese Bread
- Lemon Zucchini Bread Pioneer Woman
Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Corn Bread
- The flavor of this homemade cornbread recipe is so strong that you don’t even need to add anything to it—butter, honey, or anything else—to enhance it.
- This straightforward cornmeal recipe requires only 8 easy-to-find ingredients and a quick baking time of less than 30 minutes; after that, you’ll be diving into it and adoring every single bite of it.
What Is Corn Bread?
Cornbread is a type of fast bread that is cooked with cornmeal. Although it is commonly associated with the cuisine of the South in the United States, its roots may be traced back to the diet of Native Americans. This is a typical instance of batter bread. The Hopi people in Arizona rely heavily on cornmeal-based dishes such as dumplings and pancakes. The cornmeal is often pounded quite finely.
Pioneer Woman Corn Bread Ingredients
- Cornmeal. You shouldn’t try to save money on this. This is what gives this otherwise straightforward recipe the flavor and consistency that we all enjoy so much.
- White Sugar. Adding sugar to your cornbread is essential if you want it to have a sweet flavor. In addition, if you want to use honey instead, you can do that as well.
- Milk. The creaminess of the milk contributes to the delicious flavor, and it also acts as the primary glue that holds the dry components together.
- Corn Casserole. If you have some Jiffy mix laying around and you want to use it up, you can use it to make this Easy Corn Casserole and Cornbread Casserole that only has 5 ingredients.
How To Make Pioneer Woman Corn Bread
- The temperature in the oven should be preheated to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a casserole dish that is 8 by 8 inches by greasing and lining it with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix until everything is well distributed.
- Combine the ingredients by first creating a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pouring in your melted butter, milk, and egg into the well. To ensure that everything is thoroughly combined, begin stirring from the middle of the basin.
- After everything has been thoroughly combined, pour the batter into the prepared casserole dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the casserole for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top is gently browned and the sides are peeling away from the casserole dish.
- After the timer has sounded, stick a toothpick in the middle of the cornbread and check it to make sure it is done baking. If the toothpick can be inserted into the center and removed without any residue, the food is ready to be removed from the oven.
- Before slicing the cornbread, make sure it has had some time to cool down. If it’s heated, it’s going to fall apart, and it’s going to be a mess. (but it’s still delicious!)
- To add a little acidity to this dish, you can substitute the ordinary milk called for with buttermilk instead.
- To freeze it, first cut it into squares and then place them in a container that can be sealed. Defrost it by leaving it out in the open at room temperature for about half an hour.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and reheat in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 15 minutes.
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Corn Bread?
Cornbread is delicious when served alongside ham cooked in a slow cooker or even a bowl of chili made with white chicken. It goes wonderfully with a wide variety of straightforward supper preparations.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Corn Bread?
In The Fridge:
Cornbread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three or four days. Wrap the cornbread the same way you would if you were storing it in the pantry: place it in a food storage bag or an airtight container after wrapping it in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. After that, you should put it in the refrigerator. This will add many days to the amount of storage time that you have available.
In The Freezer:
How To Reheat Pioneer Woman Corn Bread?
In The Oven:
Corn bread that has been left over should be cut into pieces that are appropriate for serving and then spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet or another oven-safe dish. Cover the corn bread with aluminum foil to prevent it from drying out too much and to prevent any burning from occurring. Corn bread should be warmed through after being baked in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for ten minutes.
The entire time spent microwaving at full power should not exceed 30 seconds. To get the best results, heat for 15 seconds to begin, and then heat for another 15 seconds only if necessary. A helpful hint: Before reheating a piece of corn bread, spread a small amount of butter on the surface of the bread so that the moisture from the butter can penetrate deeper into the bread.
What’s The Difference Between Southern Cornbread And Regular Cornbread?
Northern cornbread is less sweet and more crumbly because it uses fewer eggs and yellow cornmeal. White or yellow cornmeal can be used to make Southern-style cornbread, and the addition of more eggs gives it a cake-like structure and a buttery, flaky flavor.
Why Is My Cornbread Dry And Dense?
You baked it for a longer period of time than was required, and/or the temperature in your oven was incorrect. If, despite taking care, the final product turns out to be dry, you can implement any of the following solutions. – including one additional egg and one spoonful of honey into the recipe. – substituting creamed corn for some of the liquid ingredients in the recipe.
How Do You Know When Corn Bread Is Done?
Cooking time for cornbread should be between 18 and 20 minutes. Perform the toothpick test on it, or take its internal temperature: when it is properly baked, the temperature at the center should be between 195 and 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
What Temperature Should Cornbread Be When Done?
Taking the temperature of the center of the crumb with a digital thermometer is the quickest and easiest way to determine whether or not it has hardened. With the help of this little-known tip, you can easily ensure that your baked items will always turn out perfectly. For this dish, you should aim for an internal temperature of 194 degrees Fahrenheit or 90 degrees Celsius.
Should Cornbread Batter Be Thick Or Runny?
The batter should be on the thicker side while still being easily pourable. If more liquid is required, either milk or buttermilk can be added. Take the skillet out of the oven and tilt it so that the butter spreads evenly over the bottom and edges of the pan.
Pioneer Woman Corn Bread Nutrition Fact
Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 173
- Total Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 428mg
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Protein: 4.4g
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 173
- Calories from Fat 42
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 4.6g8%
- Saturated Fat 1g5%
- Cholesterol 26mg9%
- Sodium 428mg18%
- Potassium 96mg3%
- Total Carbohydrate 28g10%
- Protein 4.4g9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.