Sweet and moist, Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread is laced with cinnamon and dotted with raisins. Sliced and toasted with butter or spread with cream cheese, it is a common breakfast or dessert option. Yeast-based doughs and quick breads produced with baking powder or baking soda can both be used to make delicious cinnamon raisin bread. Any cinnamon fan will go crazy for this simple and tasty dessert.
- Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Bread
- Pioneer Woman Pull Apart Cheese Bread
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread Pioneer Woman
Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- The Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon raisin bread recipe is perfect for first-time bakers because of how easy it is to follow.
- The combination of the fluffy, sugary bread, the spicy, fragrant cinnamon flavor, and the juicy, sweet raisins makes this a delectable delicacy.
- Whether for breakfast or dessert, cinnamon raisin bread can be enjoyed simply or with a spread of butter, cream cheese, or a sprinkling of icing.
- Sharing is caring, and cinnamon raisin bread is the perfect thing to bring to a potluck or have guests over for coffee and tea.
- Because of its golden brown outside and cinnamon and raisin swirls throughout, this bread is guaranteed to be a success at any social gathering.
What Is Cinnamon Raisin Bread?
Bread spiced with cinnamon and studded with raisins is known as cinnamon raisin bread, and it is a sweet, soft type of bread. It is a common delicacy that is eaten for either breakfast or dessert, and it is often prepared by being sliced and then toasted with butter or cream cheese. There are several various recipes that can be used to create cinnamon raisin bread, some of which call for yeast-based doughs, while others call for fast breads produced using baking powder or baking soda. Any person who enjoys cinnamon will find that this sweet delicacy is not only delectable but also quite simple to prepare.
Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread Ingredients
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
How To Make Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and instant yeast.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Add the raisins and cinnamon to the dough and knead for about 5-7 minutes, or until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and knead it briefly on a floured surface. Shape the dough into a loaf and place it into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Brush the top of the loaf with the beaten egg and let it rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake the bread for 30-35 minutes, or until it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade cinnamon raisin bread!
Here are a few tips to help you make the best cinnamon raisin bread:
- Use room temperature ingredients: Milk and eggs should be at room temperature before you start making the dough. This will help the dough rise properly and give you a softer, more evenly baked bread.
- Knead the dough thoroughly: Kneading the dough helps to develop the gluten, which gives the bread its structure and elasticity. Make sure to knead the dough for at least 5-7 minutes, or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Use instant yeast: Instant yeast is a fast-acting yeast that doesn’t require proofing (dissolving in water before adding it to the dough). This makes it easier to use and helps to speed up the rising process.
- Don’t skip the egg wash: Brushing the top of the loaf with beaten egg before baking helps to give the bread a shiny, golden brown crust.
- Let the bread cool completely: It can be tempting to slice into the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven, but it’s important to let it cool completely before slicing. This will help to ensure that the bread holds its shape and doesn’t crumble when you cut it.
I hope these tips are helpful! Enjoy your homemade cinnamon raisin bread.
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread?
There are many ways to enjoy cinnamon raisin bread, and it pairs well with a variety of different foods. Here are a few ideas for what to serve with cinnamon raisin bread:
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for how to enjoy your cinnamon raisin bread!
How To Store Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread
To store in the fridge:
Wrap the loaf of cinnamon raisin bread in foil or plastic wrap and place it inside a container that seals tightly to ensure that it stays fresh for as long as possible in the refrigerator. It can be stored in the refrigerator for about three to four days.
To freeze cinnamon raisin bread, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. It will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How To Thaw Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread?
To thaw frozen cinnamon raisin bread, you can either let it sit at room temperature for a few hours, or you can defrost it in the microwave. If you’re using the microwave, wrap the bread in damp paper towels and microwave it on the defrost setting for a few minutes.
In the oven:
To reheat cinnamon raisin bread in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and wrap the bread in foil. Place it in the oven and heat it for about 10-15 minutes, or until it is heated through and the crust is slightly crispy.
In the microwave:
To reheat cinnamon raisin bread in the microwave, wrap it in damp paper towels and microwave it on medium power for about 30-45 seconds, or until it is heated through. Be sure to check the bread frequently to avoid overheating it.
Is cinnamon raisin bread healthy?
Like any food, it’s important to enjoy cinnamon raisin bread in moderation. While it does contain some nutrients from the flour and raisins, it is also high in sugar and calories. To make it a healthier choice, you can try using whole grain flour and reducing the amount of sugar in the recipe.
Can I use fresh raisins instead of dried raisins in cinnamon raisin bread?
Yes, you can use fresh raisins instead of dried raisins in cinnamon raisin bread. Just make sure to wash and dry them before adding them to the dough.
Can I make cinnamon raisin bread without yeast?
Yes, you can make cinnamon raisin bread without yeast. You will need to use a different leavening agent, such as baking powder or baking soda, to help the bread rise.
Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in cinnamon raisin bread?
Yes, you can use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour in cinnamon raisin bread. Just keep in mind that whole wheat flour has a stronger, nuttier flavor and may make the bread denser. You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to compensate for the difference in absorbency.
Try More Recipes:
- Cheesy Monkey Bread Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Pull Apart Bread
- Pioneer Woman Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Raisin Bread Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 180
- Fat: 3grams
- Saturated fat: 1grams
- Protein: 4grams
- Carbohydrates: 35grams
- Fiber: 2grams
- Sugar: 10grams
- Sodium: 200milligrams