This Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is an easy and delicious meal that will have your family coming back for seconds. With a creamy, cheesy sauce and tender chicken, this comforting casserole is sure to be a hit.
Plus, it’s ready in just over an hour, so you can have dinner on the table in no time. This easy dish is the perfect way to please a crowd, or just make a cozy dinner for two.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Biscuit Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole Pioneer Woman
Why You Will Love This Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- It is an easy and delicious comfort food.
- It is a great way to use up leftover chicken.
- It is a one-dish meal that is perfect for busy weeknights or potlucks.
- It is a hearty and flavorful dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
- It is a budget-friendly meal that can be easily adapted to suit different taste preferences.
- It can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick dinner.
- It is full of protein and vegetables, making it a healthier option.
- It is a great way to use up extra vegetables or herbs that you have in the fridge.
- It is a versatile dish that can be served as a main or side dish.
- It is easy to customize with additional ingredients like cheese, olives, and peppers.
What Is Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
Chicken Spaghetti Casserole is a classic comfort food consisting of cooked spaghetti noodles, shredded chicken, and a creamy sauce made with cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, and sometimes cheese. It is usually topped with crushed Ritz crackers or other crunchy toppings and baked in the oven until the topping is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
What Is Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Ingredients?
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- 1 ½ cups cooked, diced chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
How To Make Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, chicken, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, green chiles, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the soup mixture to the spaghetti and chicken and mix together until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13-inch baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling. Enjoy!
- Cook the chicken thoroughly before adding it to the casserole. This will help ensure that the chicken is fully cooked and safe to eat.
- Pre-cook the spaghetti before adding it to the casserole. This will help keep the noodles from getting soggy in the oven.
- Add some diced vegetables to the casserole for a more nutritious meal. Peppers, mushrooms, and onions are all great options.
- Use a blend of cheeses for the best flavor. A combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan will provide the perfect balance of flavor.
- Don’t forget to season the casserole. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning are all great additions.
- Bake the casserole covered for the first 20 minutes, then uncover it for the last 10 minutes. This will help the cheese on top to get nice and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. This will give the ingredients time to set and make it easier to serve.
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
- Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Cornbread: Serve this sweet and spicy cornbread as a delicious side dish to the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.
- Roasted Zucchini and Red Pepper Salad: This roasted zucchini and red pepper salad is the perfect fresh and crunchy side dish to the creamy and cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.
- Baked Parmesan Tomatoes: These baked parmesan tomatoes are the perfect flavor combo to the cheesy and creamy casserole.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Green Beans: Roasted garlic parmesan green beans are a delicious and healthy side dish to the Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.
- Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions: Sauteed mushrooms and onions make a great addition to the casserole and add a savory flavor.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
If you have leftovers of Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To keep it fresh and tasty for longer, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. For a creative way to store it, you can freeze it in individual portions in silicone baking cups or ice cube trays. This way, you can quickly heat up a single-serving portion in the microwave for a quick meal!
How To Thaw Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
If you’re in a pinch, the fastest way to thaw your chicken spaghetti casserole is to place it in the microwave and set it to defrost. However, if you have a bit more time, there are some creative options.
Check the progress of the thawing every 20 minutes or so, stirring or flipping the casserole as needed. Once it’s thawed, turn off the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Finally, you could also wrap the casserole securely in aluminum foil and place it in a cooler filled with warm water. Change out the water every 15 minutes until the casserole is thawed. Whichever method you choose, make sure you thaw the casserole completely before reheating and serving.
How To Reheat Chicken Spaghetti Casserole?
In The Oven:
In The Microwave:
- Place chicken spaghetti casserole in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with a damp paper towel and heat on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove the paper towel and heat for an additional 1-2 minutes until the casserole is heated through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use a cast-iron skillet to reheat chicken spaghetti casserole. Preheat the skillet over medium heat and add the casserole. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Place chicken spaghetti casserole in a preheated waffle iron. Close the lid and cook for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Place chicken spaghetti casserole in a preheated panini press. Close the lid and cook for 3-5 minutes until heated through.
How do you spice up a bland chicken casserole?
Spruce up a boring dish by adding some fresh chili and coriander. To preserve their flavor, delicate herbs like parsley and tarragon should be used near the end of cooking, while heartier herbs like bay leaves and rosemary should be added at the start.
Is it OK to put raw chicken in a casserole?
Chicken of any kind will do, whether it’s breast meat, thigh meat, or chicken from the fridge. When cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit, any bacteria present in the raw chicken will have been eliminated. Keep in mind that raw chicken will require more time in the oven.
Should you cover a Chicken Spaghetti Casserole when baking?
Preparing and baking chicken at home is as simple as cleaning and placing the pieces or whole bird in the oven. Chicken can be baked without any protective coverings. As soon as you put the chicken in the oven, you can forget about it until it’s time to take the temperature.
Should you cook chicken spaghetti before freezing?
If you want the casserole to taste as though you just baked it from the freezer, prepare it up until the baking step and then freeze it. Our students are always reminded that fresh air is the mortal enemy of tasty frozen dinners. Wrap your casserole tightly in many layers of plastic wrap and/or aluminum foil.
Why Is My Chicken Spaghetti Mushy?
The reason for this is that young chicks’ underdeveloped circulatory systems are unable to supply the breast muscle tissue with enough oxygen. Changes in meat’s density and texture result from muscle fiber degradation.
Should I Cook Pasta Or Chicken First?
A large pot of salted water should be brought to a boil before the pasta is added. Start this before you begin cooking the chicken, then add the dry spaghetti right before the chicken is done.
Try More Recipes:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Dorito Casserole
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole Pioneer Woman
Pioneer Woman Chicken Spaghetti Casserole Nutrition Facts
- Calories 329
- Total Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 6.9g
- Cholesterol 88mg
- Sodium 1063mg
- Potassium 530mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 26g