Chicken salad with grapes is an easy and flavorful dish by the Pioneer Woman. Chicken, mayonnaise, grapes, celery, and spices are used. This salad is great for lunch, supper, or a picnic. As a sandwich or on greens. Grapes and celery form an unusual and tasty dinner.
More Salad Recipes
Why You Will Love This Salad
- It’s a refreshing and light summertime meal.
- It’s easy to make and can be served in a variety of ways.
- It’s a great way to use up leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- The combination of chicken, grapes, and vegetables creates a delicious and satisfying flavor.
- The mayonnaise-based dressing adds richness and creaminess to the salad.
- It’s a great option for a quick and easy lunch or light dinner.
- It can be served on its own, or used to fill sandwiches or wraps.
Pioneer Woman Chicken Salad With Grapes Ingredients
- Cooked chicken
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Optional ingredients: Some options include nuts (such as almonds or pecans), dried fruit (such as raisins or cranberries), or seeds (such as sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds).
How To Make Pioneer Woman Chicken Salad With Grapes
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, celery, onions, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve the chicken salad immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You can serve the chicken salad on its own, or use it to fill sandwiches or wraps.
How To Store Chicken Salad With Grapes
- In The Fridge: To store chicken salad with grapes in the fridge, simply cover the bowl or container with plastic wrap or transfer the salad to an airtight container. The chicken salad will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- In The Freezer: Unlike grape salad, chicken salad with grapes can be stored in the freezer. To store chicken salad with grapes in the freezer, transfer the salad to an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing the bag. The chicken salad will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat the chicken salad, thaw it in the fridge or at room temperature. You can also microwave it for a few minutes to thaw it more quickly. Make sure to stir the salad well before serving, as the ingredients may have separated while it was frozen.
Can I Make Chicken Salad With Grapes Ahead Of Time
Yes, you can make chicken salad with grapes ahead of time. In fact, making the salad in advance can give the flavors a chance to meld together, making it even more delicious.
What To Serve With Chicken Salad With Grapes
There are many sides that go well with chicken salad with grapes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Bread or rolls: Chicken salad with grapes is delicious served on top of bread or rolls. You can use a variety of breads, such as white bread, whole grain bread, or croissants.
- Crackers: You can also serve the chicken salad with crackers, such as graham crackers, rice crackers, or pita chips.
- Chips: Serve the chicken salad with a side of chips for a satisfying crunch.
- Fruit: A side of fruit, such as sliced apples or grapes, complements the flavors of the chicken salad.
- Curry chicken salad with grapes: For a twist on the classic recipe, add some curry powder to the mayonnaise dressing. You can also add some chopped cashews or raisins for extra flavor and texture.
- Greek chicken salad with grapes: To give your chicken salad a Mediterranean twist, add some feta cheese, olives, and a sprinkle of oregano to the mix.
- Southwest chicken salad with grapes: For a southwestern twist, add some diced avocado, black beans, and a sprinkle of cumin to the salad. You can also add some crumbled tortilla chips for added crunch.
- Asian chicken salad with grapes: To give your chicken salad an Asian flavor, add some diced mango, chopped cilantro, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds to the mix. You can also use a honey-mustard dressing instead of mayonnaise.
- Chicken salad with grapes and tarragon: is a classic combination of flavors. Grapes, apples, and tarragon form an unusual and delightful meal. It uses leftover chicken and makes a terrific lunch or supper. Serve in pita bread, a sandwich, or alone.
- Chicken salad with grapes and apples: is a light and refreshing dish that is perfect for a summer meal. Grapes and apples provide a distinct and delicious taste. Add tarragon for flavor and you’ll have a fantastic, quick lunch or supper. Serve it in a wrap or salad for a crowd-pleaser.
Keto, and gluten-free version of Chicken Salad With Grapes
- Keto Chicken Salad With Grapes: This low-carb version of chicken salad with grapes is a great option for those following a keto diet. It is made with diced cooked chicken, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, and grapes. The combination of ingredients creates a flavorful and filling dish that won’t break the bank.
- Gluten-Free Chicken Salad With Grapes: This gluten-free take on chicken salad with grapes is a great option for those who cannot consume gluten. It is made with diced cooked chicken, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, and grapes. The combination of ingredients creates a flavorful and filling dish that is free from gluten.
- Chicken: If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand, you can use canned chicken or tofu as a substitute. You can also use other cooked meats, such as turkey or ham.
- Grapes: If you don’t have grapes, you can use another type of fruit, such as apples, pears, or berries. You can also omit the fruit entirely if you prefer.
- Mayonnaise: If you don’t have mayonnaise, you can use another type of creamy dressing, such as ranch dressing or Greek yogurt. You can also make your own mayonnaise by mixing together egg yolks, oil, and lemon juice.
- Lemon juice: If you don’t have lemon juice, you can use vinegar or another type of citrus juice, such as orange juice or lime juice.
- Vegetables: If you don’t have celery, onions, or parsley, you can use other vegetables, such as bell peppers, carrots, or cucumbers. You can also omit the vegetables entirely if you prefer.
Other Dressings To Use
- Honey mustard dressing: A honey mustard dressing adds a sweet and tangy flavor to the chicken salad. You can make your own by mixing together equal parts mustard, honey, and mayonnaise.
- Ranch dressing: Ranch dressing adds a creamy and tangy flavor to the chicken salad. You can use store-bought ranch dressing, or make your own by mixing together mayonnaise, sour cream, and dried herbs.
- Greek yogurt dressing: Greek yogurt dressing is a healthier alternative to mayonnaise that adds a tangy flavor to the chicken salad. You can make your own by mixing together Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt.
- Vinaigrette: A vinaigrette, made with oil, vinegar, and herbs, adds a light and refreshing flavor to the chicken salad. You can make your own by whisking together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and dried herbs.
Can I Use Fresh Or Frozen Grapes In Chicken Salad With Grapes
You can use either fresh or frozen grapes in chicken salad with grapes. If you are using frozen grapes, be sure to thaw them completely before adding them to the salad.
Is It Necessary To Use Pre-cooked Chicken For This Recipe
No, pre-cooked chicken can be used, but it is not necessary. The recipe calls for cooked chicken breast, so raw chicken can be used as well.
Chopping the vegetables is not necessary, but can be done for a finer texture.
Is There A Substitution For Mayonnaise That Can Be Used
Yes, plain Greek yogurt can be used as a substitution for mayonnaise.
Pioneer Woman Chicken Salad With Grapes Nutrition Facts
Here is a rough estimate of the nutrition facts for chicken salad with grapes, based on a serving size of 1 cup:
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
- Sodium: 227 mg
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 13 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 338
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 28g44%
- Saturated Fat 4g20%
- Cholesterol 48mg16%
- Sodium 227mg10%
- Total Carbohydrate 16g6%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 13g26%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.