Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that is known for its bright and tangy flavors. The dish is traditionally made with chicken breasts that are pounded thin, lightly breaded, and pan-fried, then served with a sauce made from lemon juice, butter, capers, and white wine. This delicious and flavorful dish has been adapted and personalized by many chefs, each with their own twist on the classic recipe. One such variation is from the beloved Food Network personality, the Pioneer Woman.
Her take on Chicken Piccata is easy to make, with a simple breading and a bright, flavorful sauce that is perfect for serving over pasta or rice. In this article, we will take a closer look at the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Piccata recipe and explore some tips and tricks for making it at home.
More Recipes From us:
There are many reasons why you’ll love the Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Piccata recipe! Here are a few:
- Flavorful Sauce: The sauce in this recipe is made with a combination of tangy lemon juice, rich butter, and briny capers, which creates a flavor that is both bright and savory.
- Easy to Make: This recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require a lot of cooking experience. The chicken is breaded and pan-fried, then the sauce is made in the same pan, which cuts down on dishes.
- Versatile: This dish is versatile and can be served in many ways. It’s great over pasta or rice, and can be paired with a variety of sides like roasted vegetables, salad, or garlic bread.
- Crowd-Pleasing: Chicken Piccata is a crowd-pleaser, and this recipe is no exception. It’s a great option for a family dinner, a date night, or a dinner party.
- Adaptable: The recipe can be adapted to suit your preferences. For example, you can adjust the amount of lemon or capers to make the sauce more or less tangy, or you can substitute the white wine with chicken broth or vegetable broth.
What Is Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata Recipe?
Chicken piccata is a classic Italian dish made with chicken breasts that are pounded thin, lightly breaded, and pan-fried, then served with a sauce made from lemon juice, butter, capers, and white wine. The Pioneer Woman’s version of chicken piccata is particularly delicious and easy to follow, and it’s a great recipe to try at home.
This simple and delicious chicken piccata recipe is perfect for a family dinner or dinner party. It can be served over pasta or rice, or paired with a variety of sides like roasted vegetables, salad, or garlic bread.
Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata Ingredients
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
How To Make Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them until they are even thickness. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, and capers. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, until it has thickened slightly.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata:
What To Serve With Chicken Piccata?
Pioneer Woman’s Chicken Piccata is a versatile dish that can be paired with a variety of sides to create a delicious and satisfying meal. Here are a few options:
- Pasta: Chicken Piccata is traditionally served over pasta. You can choose any type of pasta you like, such as spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, or angel hair. Toss the pasta with some olive oil or butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
- Rice: Another popular option is to serve Chicken Piccata over rice. Basmati or jasmine rice pairs well with the tangy and savory flavors of the sauce.
- Vegetables: A side of vegetables is a great way to add some color and nutrition to the meal. You can roast some asparagus, broccolini, or green beans in the oven with some olive oil and salt, or sauté some zucchini, mushrooms, or bell peppers on the stove.
- Salad: A fresh salad is a great complement to Chicken Piccata. A simple mixed greens salad with a light vinaigrette dressing is a good option, or you can make a more elaborate salad with ingredients like cherry tomatoes, cucumber, feta cheese, and olives.
- Bread: A warm and crusty bread, such as garlic bread or crusty French bread, is a great side to serve with Chicken Piccata. You can use the bread to soak up any remaining sauce from the dish.
Overall, the possibilities are endless when it comes to pairing sides with Chicken Piccata. Just choose your favorite sides and enjoy!
What Is The Best Way To Store Chicken Piccata?
To store Chicken Piccata, follow these guidelines:
Note: It’s important to note that while the chicken can be stored in the fridge or freezer, the texture and quality may be slightly affected upon reheating. To minimize this, be sure to store the chicken and sauce separately, and add the sauce to the chicken only when reheating. Also, be careful not to overcook the chicken when reheating to prevent it from becoming tough or dry.
How To Heat Chicken Piccata?
- Stovetop method: To reheat Chicken Piccata on the stovetop, place the chicken and sauce in a skillet over medium-low heat. Stir the chicken occasionally and heat it until it’s hot all the way through. Be careful not to overcook the chicken, as it can become tough and dry.
- Oven method: To reheat Chicken Piccata in the oven, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the chicken and sauce in an oven-safe dish and cover it with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
- Microwave method: To reheat Chicken Piccata in the microwave, place the chicken and sauce in a microwave-safe dish and cover it with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Microwave the chicken for 1-2 minutes, or until it’s hot all the way through. Be sure to stir the chicken occasionally while microwaving to ensure that it heats evenly.
How is Chicken Piccata typically cooked?
Chicken Piccata is typically cooked by dredging chicken breasts in flour, then sautéing them in a mixture of butter and olive oil. The cooked chicken is then removed from the pan and set aside, and a sauce is made with lemon juice, white wine, capers, and butter. The chicken is then added back to the pan to simmer in the sauce until cooked through.
Can I use a different type of meat for Piccata?
Yes, you can use different types of meat for Piccata. Chicken breasts, veal cutlets, pork chops, and even tofu can all be used in place of traditional veal.
What makes Chicken Piccata tangy?
Chicken Piccata has a tangy, acidic flavor which comes from the combination of lemon juice and capers used in the dish. It is also traditionally finished with butter, which adds richness and a silky texture.
Can Chicken Piccata be made ahead of time?
Yes, Chicken Piccata can be made ahead of time. To do so, prepare the entire dish as instructed and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply reheat the dish in the oven or on the stovetop.
What are some common variations of Chicken Piccata?
Chicken Piccata is a versatile dish that can be customized with a variety of ingredients to suit your taste. Some popular variations include Chicken Piccata with capers, which adds a salty tartness to the dish, and Chicken Piccata with white wine, which adds a deeper flavor. Chicken Piccata with artichokes adds a creamy texture, while Chicken Piccata with mushrooms brings a deep, earthy flavor. Chicken Piccata with sun-dried tomatoes provides a sharp sweetness to the dish. With so many variations, you’re sure to find a Chicken Piccata recipe that you love.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 416
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 548 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugars: 6.1 g
- Protein: 22.8 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
- Vitamin A: 7.3%
- Vitamin C: 6.2%
- Calcium: 4.2%
- Iron: 7.6%