There is no need to seek any farther than this Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup if you are searching for a soup that will fill you up and make you feel better on a chilly day. For a nourishing and delicious supper option, try this soup that is brimming with crisp cabbage, savory ground beef, and an abundance of fresh veggies. It has a rich tomato broth with a hint of spice, which together create the ideal balance of savory and somewhat sweet flavors in the dish.
Also, it is simple to prepare and may be served to you in a little over an hour. This recipe for Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup is one that you’ll want to have on hand whether you’re looking for a speedy weeknight dinner or a hearty weekend meal.
More Recipes From us:
- Asparagus Soup Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup
Here are some reasons why someone might love Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup:
- It is a hearty and healthy soup that is perfect for chilly days.
- It is made with simple and affordable ingredients that are easy to find.
- It is a great way to use up leftover cabbage and other vegetables.
- It is a low-calorie and low-carb option that is suitable for those on a diet or watching their weight.
- It is a versatile recipe that can be adjusted to suit individual tastes and preferences.
What Is Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup is a hearty and healthy soup recipe made with simple ingredients such as ground beef, onions, garlic, cabbage, diced tomatoes, and beef broth. It’s a delicious comfort food that is perfect for a cold winter day or as a healthy meal option. The soup is also gluten-free and can be made vegetarian by substituting the ground beef with your favorite protein. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized to your taste preferences, such as adding more or less cabbage or adjusting the seasoning.
Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soups Ingredients
- 1 head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
How To Make Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until it’s fully cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic to the pot with the cooked beef. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir everything together.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and the flavors have blended together.
- Serve the cabbage soup hot and enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips for Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup:
- Use good quality meat: For the best taste and texture, use high-quality beef or pork in your soup.
- Add spices to taste: The recipe calls for garlic, thyme, and bay leaves, but you can add other spices to suit your taste, such as paprika, cumin, or red pepper flakes.
- Don’t overcook the cabbage: Cabbage can become mushy if overcooked, so be careful not to cook it for too long. It should be tender but still slightly firm.
- Let the soup rest: After the soup is done cooking, allow it to rest for a few minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Make it ahead: This soup tastes even better the next day, so you can make it ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to eat.
- Use a slow cooker: You can also make this soup in a slow cooker, just brown the meat first, then add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Adjust the recipe: This recipe is very adaptable, so you can adjust the ingredients to suit your preferences. For example, you can add more vegetables like carrots or celery, or use ground turkey instead of beef.
- Add toppings: You can add toppings like shredded cheese, croutons, or fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro to add extra flavor and texture to your soup.
What To Serve With Cabbage Soup?
Cabbage soup can be a hearty and filling dish on its own, but you can also serve it with some accompaniments to make a complete meal. Here are a few ideas:
How To Store Cabbage Soup?
To store cabbage soup, allow it to cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. If you want to store it for longer, you can freeze it. Here’s how:
- Let the soup cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the soup to a freezer-safe container, leaving some room at the top for the soup to expand as it freezes.
- Label the container with the date and contents.
- Place the container in the freezer.
The cabbage soup can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw the soup, transfer it to the refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight. You can reheat the soup on the stovetop or in the microwave.
How To Reheat Cabbage Soups?
Here are a few different ways to reheat cabbage soup:
No matter which method you choose, make sure the soup reaches a temperature of at least 165°F before serving.
Can you add meat to cabbage soup?
Yes, you can add meat to cabbage soup. Sausage, ground beef, or diced chicken are all good options.
Can you use canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes in cabbage soup?
Yes, you can use canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes in cabbage soup. Just be sure to drain the tomatoes before adding them to the soup.
How can I make cabbage soup more flavorful?
To make cabbage soup more flavorful, try adding herbs and spices such as thyme, oregano, and paprika. You can also add a splash of vinegar or lemon juice to brighten the flavor.
Can you make cabbage soup ahead of time?
Yes, you can make cabbage soup ahead of time. Allow the soup to cool completely, then transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Try More Recipes:
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Potato Soup Alton Brown
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Pioneer Woman Cabbage Soup Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 690 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 24 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Vitamin A: 6%
- Vitamin C: 50%
- Calcium: 4%
- Iron: 8%