If you’re looking for a new twist on classic buffalo chicken wings, then you’ll love this recipe for Pioneer Woman’s Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. This easy-to-make dish is perfect for a family dinner or a party appetizer. With just a few simple ingredients and a few simple steps, you can have a delicious and flavorful meal that is sure to be a hit. In this article, we will show you how to make Pioneer Woman’s Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with ease. So, grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- Marinated Mozzarella Balls Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Goat Cheese Balls
Here are some reasons why you’ll love Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- They’re a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer or main dish.
- The combination of ground chicken, breadcrumbs, and spices makes for a flavorful and juicy meatball.
- The buffalo sauce gives the meatballs a spicy and tangy kick that’s sure to satisfy any buffalo chicken lover.
- They’re a fun twist on traditional buffalo chicken dishes like wings or dip, and are perfect for parties or game day.
- The recipe is versatile and can be customized to suit your preferences, such as adjusting the level of spiciness or substituting different types of breadcrumbs.
What Is Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Green Bean Casserole With Mushrooms is a popular side dish recipe created by Ree Drummond, also known as the Pioneer Woman. The casserole typically features fresh green beans, bacon, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce made with chicken broth and heavy cream. The casserole is then topped with crispy fried onions and baked until golden brown and bubbly. The dish is a classic comfort food that is often served during Thanksgiving and other holiday meals, but can be enjoyed year-round as well. It is a perfect side dish for any dinner or potluck party.
Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Blue cheese dressing and celery sticks for serving
How To Make Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, green onions, parsley, blue cheese, hot sauce, and egg until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, form the mixture into meatballs and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the meatballs for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the buffalo sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the hot sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is heated through and well combined.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, toss them in the buffalo sauce to coat.
- Serve the meatballs hot with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks on the side.
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs:
- Use ground chicken thighs for more flavor and juiciness.
- If you don’t have panko breadcrumbs, regular breadcrumbs can be used instead.
- To make the meatballs easier to roll, wet your hands with water before shaping the mixture into balls.
- Don’t overcook the meatballs as they can become dry. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- For a milder flavor, use less hot sauce, and for a spicier flavor, use more.
- The meatballs can be made ahead of time and reheated in the oven or microwave before serving.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
Buffalo chicken meatballs can be served as an appetizer or a main dish. Here are a few suggestions for sides and accompaniments:
- Crudités: Serve buffalo chicken meatballs with a selection of fresh vegetables, such as carrot sticks, celery, and bell pepper strips.
- Salad: Pair the meatballs with a salad, such as a Caesar or a garden salad.
- Coleslaw: A creamy coleslaw is a great complement to the spicy buffalo chicken meatballs.
- Rice: Serve the meatballs over a bed of rice or with a side of rice pilaf.
- Bread: A basket of warm bread or dinner rolls can help to soak up the spicy buffalo sauce.
- Dip: Offer a dipping sauce on the side, such as ranch or blue cheese dressing, for those who like extra creaminess and cooling effect.
- Beer: Buffalo chicken meatballs can be a great addition to a casual game day or evening gathering, and beer is an ideal drink to serve with them.
How To Store Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
To store Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, you can follow these steps:
If you’re freezing the meatballs, it’s best to freeze them in a single layer on a baking sheet for a few hours until they’re firm, and then transfer them to a ziplock bag or an airtight container. This will prevent them from sticking together and make it easier to thaw just the amount you need.
How To Reheat Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
Here are a few ways to reheat buffalo chicken meatballs:
- Microwave: Place the desired amount of meatballs in a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and place the meatballs in an oven-safe dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat a small amount of oil or butter in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) and place the meatballs in the basket. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
It’s important to note that the exact time and temperature required to reheat the meatballs may vary based on the size and quantity of the meatballs, as well as the heating method used. To ensure that the meatballs are heated through, use a food thermometer to check that they have reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
What are buffalo chicken meatballs?
Buffalo chicken meatballs are bite-sized balls made from ground chicken and flavored with spicy buffalo sauce, herbs, and spices.
Can I make buffalo chicken meatballs in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can make buffalo chicken meatballs in a slow cooker. Simply mix together the ingredients, form the mixture into balls, and place them in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until they are cooked through.
Can I make buffalo chicken meatballs without an egg?
Yes, you can make buffalo chicken meatballs without an egg. Simply omit the egg and use a little bit more buffalo sauce or breadcrumbs to help bind the mixture together.
How spicy are buffalo chicken meatballs?
The level of spiciness in buffalo chicken meatballs can be adjusted based on your personal preference. You can add more or less buffalo sauce and cayenne pepper to control the level of heat.
Can I use ground turkey instead of chicken?
If you like, you may substitute ground turkey for ground chicken in this recipe. Either one will work just well.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Nutrition Fact
|Amount Per Serving||Calories||Total Fat||Saturated Fat||Cholesterol||Sodium||Total Carbohydrate||Dietary Fiber||Sugars||Protein|
|Serving Size: 6 meatballs||300||17g||4.5g||115mg||1030mg||13g||1g||3g||24g|