Broccoli chicken rice casserole is a hearty and comforting dish that is perfect for a family dinner or for meal prep. It is made with tender pieces of chicken, broccoli florets, and rice in a creamy sauce that is topped with a crunchy breadcrumb topping.
This casserole is easy to customize and you can add in your favorite vegetables or protein to make it your own. It can be baked in the oven or made in a slow cooker, making it a convenient meal option for busy weeknights. Is there anything specific you would like to know about this recipe?
Try More Recipes:
- Chicken Noodle Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Rice Casserole
- French Bread Casserole Pioneer Woman
Why You Will Love This Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole
- Delicious and easy-to-make: This casserole is simple to make and tastes great.
- Versatile and nutritious: You can customize the ingredients to suit your tastes and dietary needs. It’s also a source of protein, fiber, and vital vitamins and minerals.
- Perfect for meal prepping: This dish is perfect for making ahead of time and storing in the refrigerator or freezer for future meals.
- Budget-friendly: It’s a great way to stretch your food budget by using inexpensive ingredients.
- Family-friendly: Kids and adults alike will love this flavorful and comforting dish.
What Is Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole?
Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole is a classic casserole dish made with cooked chicken, cooked rice, broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, and shredded cheese. It is usually topped with buttery breadcrumbs before being baked in the oven. The dish is a great way to use up leftovers and is easy to make for a family meal.
What Is Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole Ingredients?
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
How To Make Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the rice that has been cooked, the chicken, the broccoli, the cheese, the sour cream, the garlic powder, and the onion powder in a big bowl. Combine all of the components until they are distributed evenly.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish about 9 by 13 inches and smooth it out evenly. Salt and pepper, to taste, can be sprinkled on top.
- Crush some Ritz crackers and place them in a small basin. Add the melted butter and mix together until all of the crumbs are evenly coated with butter. The top of the casserole should be covered with an even layer of the cracker crumb mixture.
- Bake the casserole for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is browned and bubbling and the center is hot. To be served hot. Enjoy!
- Cook the chicken and broccoli separately before adding them to the casserole. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
- When adding the ingredients to the casserole, layer the dish with the chicken, followed by the cooked rice, and then the broccoli.
- Make sure to season the casserole before baking it. A mix of garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika is a great combination to use.
- For an extra creamy casserole, add a cup of sour cream to the mix before baking.
- Top the casserole with grated cheese before baking. This will give it a delicious cheesy flavor.
- Bake the casserole for about 40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole?
To make a more interesting meal, you could serve the broccoli chicken rice casserole with a side of roasted asparagus, a colorful side salad with plenty of crunchy veggies, and herbed dinner rolls. To make it even more special, you could top the casserole with a sprinkle of cheese and grated Parmesan or another nutty cheese like Gruyère. To make it even more delicious, you could also top the casserole with some crispy, crumbled bacon. Finally, a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt would make the meal even more tasty and flavorful.
How To Store Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole?
In The Fridge:
- Place the casserole in an airtight container and label it with the date.
- Wrap the casserole tightly with plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
- Store the casserole in a separate plastic container with a lid.
- Place the casserole in a Ziploc bag and press out all of the air before zipping it shut.
In The Freezer:
How To Thaw Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole?
- Take your Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole and place it in a large bowl filled with warm water. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes until the casserole has thawed.
- If you’re feeling a bit more creative, you could place the casserole in a shallow pan and cover it with a wet dish towel. Place the pan in the microwave and heat on low for 1-2 minutes. Check the casserole and repeat until it is thawed.
- Another creative way to thaw your Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole is to place the casserole in a pot filled with hot water. Let it sit in the hot water for 10-15 minutes until it is thawed.
- Finally, you could use the same method as above but instead of hot water, fill the pot with warm chicken broth. This will give the casserole a nice flavor!
How To Reheat Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole?
In The Oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole in an oven-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil after 30 minutes and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through.
In The Microwave:
- Place the Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with a damp paper towel and microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
Make careful to check the temperature of the casserole before serving it to ensure that it is hot all the way through. This should be done regardless of which method you choose to use.
What type of rice do I need to make this casserole?
When you are making this casserole, you are free to use any kind of long-grain rice that you like.
How long should a casserole be cooked for?
Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour, or cook in the microwave on 50% power for around 15 to 30 minutes, stirring or flipping the dish as needed. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Why is chicken Broccoli and rice healthy?
The benefits are fairly straightforward: it helps the body gain mass and it restores a great deal of lost energy. While the high protein content of the chicken will assist in the repair of injured muscle fibers, the high carbohydrate content of the rice will both refill glycogen levels in the muscle and refuel the body.
Should you cook rice before putting casserole?
Should the rice be cooked before being added to the casserole dish? The quick answer is no! Long answer: If you add liquid that is already boiling and make sure that your casserole dish is airtight before placing it in the oven, your rice should cook without any problems. It is not necessary to pre-cook the rice in any way.
Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
Meals that may be prepared in advance, particularly casseroles that are baked, are fantastic since they can be totally assembled in advance and then cooked right before they are served. Because they are served steaming hot and deliciously right from the oven to the table, to to the delight of the family and friends gathered there, they are the consummate comfort meal.
Try More Recipes:
- Joanna Gaines’ French Toast Casserole
- Jamie Oliver Seafood Casserole
- Joanna Gaines Thanksgiving Casserole
Pioneer Woman Broccoli Chicken Rice Casserole Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 543
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbs: 73.3g
- Protein: 35.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Sodium: 546mg
- Cholesterol: 67mg