Make breakfast time easier and more enjoyable with Pioneer Woman’s Breakfast Burrito Casserole. Layers of breakfast sausage, diced vegetables, eggs, and cheese come together in this easy-to-make casserole. Perfect for feeding a crowd or meal prepping for the week ahead, customize it with your favorite toppings and enjoy a hearty and delicious breakfast that everyone will love.
What Is Pioneer Woman Breakfast Casserole Made Of?
The breakfast casserole recipe from The Pioneer Woman calls for breakfast sausage, diced onions, diced red and green bell peppers, eggs, whole milk, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper. Browned sausage, sliced vegetables, egg mixture, and shredded cheese are placed in a casserole dish.
After being put together, the casserole is baked in the oven until it is firm and golden brown, yielding a wonderful and satisfying breakfast dish that is great for serving a large group or meal planning for the week ahead. Use your preferred herbs and spices to make this dish your own.
What Is The Best Temperature To Bake Breakfast Burritos
The recommended temperature for baking breakfast burritos is 350°F. This heat helps the cheese to melt and the filling to cook through without overcooking the tortilla.
How Long To Bake Breakfast Burritos Casserole
To ensure your breakfast burrito casserole is cooked through and set, it’s recommended to bake it for 30-40 minutes at 350°F, which is a general guideline for most recipes.
Here is approximate baking times for breakfast burrito casserole at different temperatures:
- At 350°F: 30-40 minutes
- At 375°F: 25-35 minutes
- At 400°F: 20-30 minutes
How To Know When Its Done Baking
Insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the casserole to check whether it is done. If it’s dry, the casserole is done. If not, bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
Pioneer Woman Breakfast Burrito Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 pound of breakfast sausage
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 can of diced green chilies
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of salsa
How To Make Pioneer Woman Breakfast Burrito Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, cook the breakfast sausage over medium heat until browned and crumbled. Add in the diced onion, green bell pepper, and diced green chilies, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish, and place 4 tortillas in the bottom of the dish. Cut the remaining tortillas into quarters.
- Layer half of the sausage mixture on top of the tortillas, followed by half of the egg mixture and half of the shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat with another layer of tortillas, sausage mixture, egg mixture, and cheese.
- Arrange the quartered tortillas on top of the casserole, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle any remaining cheese on top.
- Bake the casserole for 25-30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving. Top with salsa, and enjoy!
How Long Will Breakfast Burritos Last
Leftovers of The Pioneer Woman’s Breakfast Burrito Casserole can be kept in the fridge or freezer for later use.
- In the refrigerator: Leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator can last for up to 3-4 days.
- In the freezer: Leftovers can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2-3 months.
Is it better to freeze or refrigerate breakfast burritos? Freezing breakfast burritos is better to storing them in the fridge. This is because moist ingredients like eggs and vegetables in the filling can go bad quickly if they are kept in the fridge for a long time.
How to Reheat Pioneer Woman’s Breakfast Burrito Casserole
If you have any leftover Morning Burrito Casserole, you may reheat it in the ways described below and consume it just as if it were freshly prepared.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the leftover casserole in an oven-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the casserole from drying out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Place the leftover casserole in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap, leaving a small vent for steam to escape.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the casserole and continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until heated through.
- Let the casserole rest for a minute or two before serving.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F.
- Place the leftover casserole in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve.
What Temperature is Best For Reheating
The recommended oven temperature for reheating breakfast burritos is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature allows the burritos to heat evenly without overcooking or drying out. This temperature is also good for re-heating in an air fryer.
What Goes Good With A Breakfast Casserole?
Breakfast casserole is a flexible meal that may be matched with a range of meals to suit your palate. Fresh fruit, toast or biscuits, hash browns or home fries, and coffee or juice are all good choices. You can find a taste combination that works well with the flavors of your breakfast casserole by experimenting with various pairings.
How Do You Keep Breakfast Burritos Warm For A Crowd?
Start by wrapping them in foil and placing them in a low-temperature oven. Once heated, transfer them to a slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting, or use chafing dishes/warming trays to keep them at a consistent temperature. With these simple tips, you can keep your breakfast burritos warm and ready to serve for your guests!
How Do You Keep Ahead Breakfast Burritos From Getting Soggy?
To keep breakfast burritos from getting soggy, cool the filling before wrapping, add a layer of cheese on top, and wrap tightly in aluminum foil to prevent moisture from seeping in.
Calories And Nutrition Facts
- Calories: 477
- Total fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 257mg
- Sodium: 1123mg
- Total carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 24g
More Recipes From us: