Are you looking for a salsa that not only tastes great but also helps you feel refreshed when you eat it? If you’re looking for a good salsa, look no farther than The Pioneer Woman’s Black Bean Corn Salsa! This salsa is certain to be a hit with every single one of your guests due to the wonderful blend of black beans, corn, tomatoes, and fresh herbs that it contains.
In addition, it is simple to prepare and can be done so in advance, which makes it the ideal dish to bring to a party or bring to a potluck. Be ready to blow the socks off of your loved ones and acquaintances with this mouthwatering meal!
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Cabbage And Sausage
- Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet
- Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders
💓 Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa
- It’s great as a topping, dip, or even a side dish.
- The ingredients can be bought in bulk, and it takes little time to produce.
- It’s a healthy and fiber-rich food choice.
- Black beans, corn, and crisp veggies work wonderfully together in this dish.
- It is perfect for bringing to a party or potluck since everyone will love it.
What Is Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa Recipe?
This Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa is a tasty and easy salsa made with black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, and fresh herbs and spices. It can be a dip for tortilla chips, a topping for tacos or salads, or a side dish. Canned black beans, corn, chopped tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño pepper, fresh cilantro, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper are usual components. Mix the ingredients in a bowl and chill before serving. It’s excellent for a summer BBQ or any event where you want to serve something fresh and tasty.
Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How To Make Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomato, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeño.
- Add the lime juice and cumin, and stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman Black Bean Corn Salsa:
- Fresh ingredients: Use fresh ingredients as much as possible, especially the vegetables like tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro, to ensure maximum flavor.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the salsa as you make it and adjust the seasoning as needed. If you like it spicier, add more jalapeño or hot sauce. If you prefer it less tangy, reduce the amount of lime juice.
- Chill time: Allow the salsa to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and give the salsa a better taste.
- Drain the beans and corn: Be sure to drain and rinse the black beans and corn before adding them to the salsa. This will prevent the salsa from becoming too watery.
- Add avocado: For an extra burst of flavor and texture, add diced avocado to the salsa just before serving. This will give the salsa a creamy and buttery taste.
- Make ahead: This salsa can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
🍴 What To Serve With Black Bean Corn Salsa?
Pioneer Woman’s Black Bean Corn Salsa is a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish or a dip. Here are some options for what to serve with it:
- Tortilla chips: This is the classic pairing for a salsa, and it works just as well with this black bean corn salsa. Choose your favorite brand or make your own homemade tortilla chips for an extra touch.
- Grilled meats: The fresh and zesty flavor of the salsa is a perfect complement to grilled meats, such as chicken, beef, or fish.
- Tacos: Use the black bean corn salsa as a topping for your tacos, along with some shredded cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.
- Quesadillas: Spread the salsa over a tortilla, top with some cheese, and grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Salad: Add the black bean corn salsa to a bed of mixed greens for a colorful and flavorful salad. Top with some baked chicken or shrimp for a complete meal.
- Rice: Serve the black bean corn salsa over a bed of rice for a simple and satisfying meal.
How Long Does Black Bean Salsa Last
Leftover black bean corn salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Make sure to let the salsa cool down to room temperature before storing it in the fridge.
It is important to note that the texture of the salsa may change slightly after being frozen and thawed, but it should still be safe to consume.
Can You Reheat Leftover Black Bean Salsa
Black bean corn salsa is typically served chilled and doesn’t require reheating. However, if you have leftovers that have been stored in the refrigerator, you can simply take them out and let them come to room temperature before serving. If you prefer the salsa to be slightly warm, you can also heat it gently in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until just warmed through. It is not recommended to microwave the salsa as it can cause the texture to become mushy.
Can I use canned corn and canned black beans instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can use canned corn and black beans. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before using.
Can I add other vegetables to the salsa?
Absolutely! You can add diced bell peppers, jalapenos, or even diced avocado for some extra flavor and texture.
Is this salsa spicy?
This salsa has a mild heat level. If you want it spicier, you can add more jalapenos or a dash of hot sauce.