Get ready to dig into a hearty and satisfying dinner with Pioneer Woman’s Beef Noodle Skillet recipe. This one-pan wonder is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a comforting meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
It’s loaded with tender beef, egg noodles, and plenty of veggies, all cooked in a savory tomato-based sauce that’s both tangy and sweet. Plus, with just a handful of ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have this flavorful dish on the table in no time.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet
- It’s quick and easy to make, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
- It’s hearty and filling, with tender beef and egg noodles that are sure to satisfy.
- The savory sauce is made with simple ingredients and adds great flavor to the dish.
- It’s a one-pan meal, which means less cleanup and hassle in the kitchen.
- Leftovers can be easily reheated for a tasty lunch or dinner the next day.
What Is Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet is a delicious one-pot meal that features ground beef, egg noodles, and a variety of vegetables and seasonings. The dish is typically cooked in a large skillet or Dutch oven and is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. The recipe often includes ingredients such as onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, and canned tomatoes. The beef and noodles are cooked in the same pan as the vegetables and seasonings, which creates a flavorful sauce that coats the dish. The finished dish is hearty, filling, and perfect for cold weather.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
🔪How To Make Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt, and black pepper and cook until browned, breaking up any large clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika, oregano, basil, and cayenne pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the beef broth and egg noodles to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the noodles are cooked through and the liquid has thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped parsley and serve the beef noodle skillet hot, topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Use a large skillet or Dutch oven to make this recipe, as it makes a large batch.
- Don’t skip browning the ground beef and onions, as it adds flavor to the dish.
- Use a good quality beef broth or stock for the best flavor.
- Don’t overcook the egg noodles, as they will continue to cook in the skillet with the beef mixture.
- Feel free to add extra vegetables, such as diced carrots or green beans, to make the dish even more nutritious.
- Top with shredded cheese or chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, for added flavor and color.
🍴 What To Serve With Beef Noodle Skillet?
Beef Noodle Skillet is a hearty and filling dish on its own, but it can be paired with a variety of sides to make a complete meal. Here are a few suggestions:
- Asparagus Soup: asparagus soup with a drizzle of lemon juice and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese would add a fresh, light touch to the meal.
- Coleslaw: A tangy coleslaw would balance out the richness of the beef and noodles with a bright, crisp crunch.
- Green Beans: Simple, yet satisfying, green beans with a sprinkle of salt and pepper would make a great side dish.
- Corn on the Cob: Sweet, juicy corn on the cob is a classic side dish that would go well with this savory skillet meal.
- Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes would be a comforting side dish that would pair nicely with the beef and noodle flavors.
- Roasted Potatoes: Roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary would be a hearty and comforting side dish that would complement the beef and noodles.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
There are different ways to store leftover beef noodle skillet, depending on how long you want to keep it:
- Refrigerate: Allow the skillet to cool down to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze the beef noodle skillet for longer storage. Allow it to cool down completely, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. It can be frozen for up to 2-3 months.
- Meal prep: If you plan on eating the beef noodle skillet as a meal prep option, divide it into individual portions and store them in separate containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Make sure to label and date your containers, so you know how long it has been stored. It’s best to reheat leftover beef noodle skillet on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Here are some ways to reheat leftovers of Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet:
- Microwave: Transfer the desired amount of leftover beef noodle skillet into a microwave-safe dish and cover with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the dish is heated through.
- Stovetop: Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of oil or butter. Once hot, add the leftover beef noodle skillet and stir occasionally until it is heated through.
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Transfer the leftover beef noodle skillet into an oven-safe dish and cover with foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
Make sure to always store your leftover beef noodle skillet properly in the fridge or freezer and consume it within a few days to ensure food safety.
What Is The Best Beef For Beef Noodle Skillet?
The most sensitive cut of beef, such as sirloin or flank steak, should be sliced very thinly against the grain to achieve the highest level of tenderness in the beef noodle skillet.
What Kind Of Noodles Should I Use For These Beef Noodles?
For beef noodles, you can use a variety of noodles depending on your preference. Some common choices include egg noodles, udon noodles, soba noodles, rice noodles, or even spaghetti. It really comes down to personal taste and the texture you prefer. Experiment with different types of noodles to find the perfect match for your beef noodles dish.
Can I use ground beef instead of sliced beef for beef noodles?
Yes, you can use ground beef instead of sliced beef for beef noodles. However, the texture and flavor of the dish may be slightly different.
Can I make beef noodles ahead of time?
Yes, you can make beef noodles ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for a few days. However, the noodles may become soggy and the flavors may meld together over time.
How do I prevent the noodles from sticking together?
To prevent the noodles from sticking together, make sure to cook them in a large pot of boiling water and stir occasionally. After cooking, rinse the noodles under cold water to remove excess starch.
Try More Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Dip Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Corned Beef And Cabbage
- Pioneer Woman Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Pioneer Woman Beef Noodle Skillet Nutrition Fact
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|