Seeking a dish that may please everyone in the family but doesn’t take too much time to prepare? For the best baked chicken tenders, try the Pioneer Woman’s recipe. These tenders are sure to become a new household favorite with their crispy outside and tender interior.
These baked chicken tenders are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or as an appetizer at your next party. Try them out and see if they work for you.
More Recipes From us:
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Piccata
- Pioneer Woman Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Tortilla Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders
- These chicken tenders are baked, not fried, making them a healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken tenders.
- The combination of panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese give these tenders a crispy, flavorful coating.
- They’re easy to make and perfect for a quick weeknight meal or a fun party appetizer.
- The recipe is versatile and can be adapted to your liking by adding your favorite spices or dipping sauces.
- This recipe is a family-friendly crowd pleaser that both kids and adults will love.
- Using chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts makes for a quick and easy meal prep option.
- The tenders are great for meal prepping and can be reheated for a quick and easy lunch or dinner throughout the week.
- The recipe yields a large batch, making it perfect for feeding a crowd or for meal prepping.
- They’re perfect for those who are trying to watch their carb intake or following a low-carb or keto diet.
- These chicken tenders are a healthier alternative to fast food or frozen chicken tenders.
What Is Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders Recipe?
The Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders recipe is a simple and easy-to-follow recipe that results in delicious, crispy baked chicken tenders. The recipe requires chicken tenders, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and eggs. The chicken tenders are coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika, and then dipped in whisked eggs before being baked in the oven until crispy and golden brown.
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
🔪How To Make Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, Dijon mustard, and honey.
- In a third shallow bowl, mix the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each chicken tender in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess. Then dip in the egg mixture, and finally coat in the Panko mixture.
- Place the coated chicken tenders on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips for making Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders:
- Panko breadcrumbs work best: Panko breadcrumbs are a Japanese-style breadcrumb that are lighter and airier than traditional breadcrumbs. They give the chicken tenders a crispy and crunchy texture that is hard to achieve with other types of breadcrumbs.
- Use a wire rack: Placing the chicken tenders on a wire rack on top of the baking sheet will help to ensure that the bottoms of the tenders don’t get soggy. It also allows for air to circulate around the tenders, which helps them to cook more evenly and become crispy all over.
- Don’t skimp on the seasoning: The seasoning mix used for the chicken tenders is what gives them their delicious flavor. Make sure to season the chicken tenders generously with the mixture to get the most flavor out of them.
- Use a mixture of mayo and Dijon mustard: The mayo and Dijon mustard mixture used to coat the chicken tenders before breading them adds flavor and helps the breadcrumbs adhere to the chicken.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooked chicken tenders can be dry and tough. Make sure to check the chicken tenders regularly while they are baking to ensure that they are cooked through but not overcooked. The internal temperature should be 165°F (74°C).
🍴 What To Serve With Baked Chicken Tenders?
There are many delicious sides that can be served with baked chicken tenders, depending on your preferences. Here are some ideas:
- Roasted or grilled vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus, or zucchini
- Broccoli Salad
- Baked sweet potato fries
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Homemade macaroni and cheese
- Slow Cooker Chicken And Rice
- Garlic bread or rolls
- Corn Pudding
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche
Choose a side dish that complements the flavors of the baked chicken tenders and fits your dietary needs.
To store leftover baked chicken tenders, you can follow these steps:
- Let the chicken tenders cool down to room temperature before storing.
- Place the tenders in an airtight container or a sealable plastic bag.
- Store them in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- If you need to store them for a longer period, you can freeze them for up to 2-3 months.
- To freeze, place the tenders in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until firm. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag.
- When you’re ready to eat them, thaw the tenders in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat them.
Note: It’s best to store the chicken tenders separately from any dipping sauces or toppings.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are a few ways to reheat leftover baked chicken tenders:
Regardless of which method you choose, be sure to check the internal temperature of the chicken tenders with a food thermometer to ensure they have reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
Can I bake the chicken tenders in the oven without a baking rack?
Yes, you can bake the chicken tenders in the oven without a baking rack. Just make sure to flip them halfway through baking to ensure even cooking.
How Long to bake Chicken Tenders?
The baking time for chicken tenders can vary depending on the size of the chicken pieces and the temperature of the oven. As a general rule, chicken tenders should be baked for 15-20 minutes at 400°F (200°C) until they are golden brown and cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C). It’s always important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is fully cooked before serving.
What Is Best Temp To Cook Chicken Tenders?
The best temperature to cook chicken tenders depends on the method you are using. If you are baking them in the oven, a temperature of 400°F (205°C) is generally recommended. If you are pan-frying them, a temperature of medium-high heat (around 375°F or 190°C) is appropriate. Regardless of the method, the internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C) to ensure it is fully cooked and safe to eat.
Can I use different spices and seasonings for the chicken tenders?
Yes, you can customize the spices and seasonings to your liking. You can add garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, or any other spice you prefer.
Can I use almond flour instead of breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can use almond flour instead of breadcrumbs to make this recipe gluten-free.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Baked Chicken Tenders Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 825mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugars: 1.3g
- Protein: 19.6g