Fall is a time of year when the weather starts to cool down and the leaves begin to change color. While there are many comforting dishes perfect for this season, Pioneer Woman’s Autumn Steak Salad is a great way to enjoy the flavors of fall. This steak salad is packed with flavor and the perfect way to enjoy a warm, autumn evening. With a mixture of steak, vegetables, and a zesty dressing, this dish will tantalize your taste buds and warm your belly. Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious autumn steak salad.
More Recipes From us:
- Flavorful: With a mix of steak, apples, and goat cheese, this salad is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- Hearty: A combination of steak, apples, and nuts makes this a filling and satisfying meal.
- Colorful: The vibrant colors of the apples and goat cheese make this a beautiful dish to serve.
- Versatile: The ingredients in this salad can easily be changed to suit your own tastes.
- Healthy: This salad is packed with protein, vitamins, and minerals for a nutritious meal.
- Quick: You can easily whip up this salad in no time at all.
- Delicious: The combination of sweet apples, salty steak, and tangy goat cheese is sure to be a hit with everyone.
What Is Pioneer Woman Autumn Steak Salad Recipe?
Pioneer Woman Green Bean Casserole With Mushrooms is a popular side dish recipe created by Ree Drummond, also known as the Pioneer Woman. The casserole typically features fresh green beans, bacon, mushrooms, and a creamy sauce made with chicken broth and heavy cream. The casserole is then topped with crispy fried onions and baked until golden brown and bubbly. The dish is a classic comfort food that is often served during Thanksgiving and other holiday meals, but can be enjoyed year-round as well. It is a perfect side dish for any dinner or potluck party.
Pioneer Woman Autumn Steak Salad Ingredients
Pioneer Woman’s Autumn Steak Salad Recipe is a hearty and flavorful salad made with steak, roasted sweet potatoes, kale, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, and a simple balsamic dressing.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large steak (such as ribeye or sirloin)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
How To Make Pioneer Woman Autumn Steak Salad
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and salt. Roast for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove steak from skillet and let rest 5 minutes. Slice steak into thin strips.
- Heat butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add baby kale and sauté for 5 minutes, or until wilted.
- To assemble the salad, divide the kale between two plates. Top with sweet potatoes, steak strips, feta cheese, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with balsamic dressing. Serve immediately.
- Use a good-quality, lean cut of steak for the best results.
- Marinate the steak for at least an hour before cooking to maximize flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F before roasting the vegetables.
- Use a large baking sheet to ensure even cooking of the vegetables.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables before roasting to help them crisp up.
- Cook the steak to the desired level of doneness.
- Slice the steak against the grain for maximum tenderness.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for a few minutes to bring out the nutty flavor.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
- Toss the salad ingredients together just before serving.
What To Serve With Autumn Steak Salad?
Autumn steak salad is a delicious and satisfying dish that can be made in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas for side dishes that would pair well with an autumn steak salad:
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted root vegetables such as sweet potatoes, beets, carrots, and parsnips are a perfect complement to a hearty steak salad. You can season them with herbs like thyme or rosemary and drizzle them with balsamic vinegar or honey for extra flavor.
- Soup: A warm soup such as butternut squash soup, tomato soup or lentil soup is a great way to add a cozy touch to your autumn steak salad meal. A small bowl of soup can be a satisfying and comforting addition to the meal.
- Grilled or Roasted Corn: Grilled or roasted corn on the cob is a classic side dish that goes well with steak salads. You can season the corn with butter, salt, and pepper, or sprinkle it with chili powder for a spicy twist.
- Quinoa or Rice: A bed of quinoa or rice can add some texture and nutrition to your autumn steak salad. You can mix in some herbs, nuts, or dried fruits to create a flavorful pilaf.
- Crusty Bread: A slice of crusty bread or a warm dinner roll is a great way to round out the meal. You can serve it with butter or a dipping oil for extra flavor.
Overall, the key to choosing the right side dish for your autumn steak salad is to find something that complements the flavors and textures of the salad. Whether you choose a warm soup, roasted vegetables, or a grain-based side dish, there are plenty of delicious options to choose from.
Storing an autumn steak salad properly is important to ensure that it stays fresh and safe to eat. Here are some different ways to store an autumn steak salad:
- In the Refrigerator: If you have leftover autumn steak salad, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Be sure to remove any ingredients that may wilt or spoil quickly, such as delicate greens or sliced avocado, and store them separately. The salad should be consumed within 3-4 days of preparation.
- In Mason Jars: Layering the ingredients of the salad in a mason jar is a great way to store it, especially if you want to take it with you on the go. Start by putting the dressing on the bottom, then layer the ingredients starting with the heaviest and most dense items (like cooked steak or root vegetables) and finish with the lighter, more delicate items (like greens or cheese). Seal the jar tightly and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days.
- Meal Prep Containers: If you want to prepare your autumn steak salad in advance for the week, using meal prep containers is a great option. Place the prepared salad in a divided container, and store the dressing separately in a small container. This will keep the salad fresh and prevent it from getting soggy. Store the container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- In the Freezer: Autumn steak salad may not freeze well due to the high water content of the fresh ingredients, but some ingredients like cooked steak, roasted vegetables or nuts can be frozen separately and added later. Freeze these items in airtight containers or freezer bags and use them as needed.
By using these different methods, you can ensure that your autumn steak salad stays fresh, delicious, and safe to eat, whether you’re storing it for a few hours or a few days.
How To Reheat Autumn Steak Salad?
Reheating an autumn steak salad can be a little tricky, as some of the ingredients may wilt or become mushy if reheated improperly. Here are some different ways to reheat your autumn steak salad:
What kind of steak is best for an autumn steak salad?
For an autumn steak salad, you want a tender and flavorful cut of beef. Ribeye, sirloin, and flank steak are all great options. You can also use leftover steak from a previous meal to save time.
How should I cook the steak for an autumn steak salad?
The best way to cook steak for a salad is to sear it in a hot skillet or grill until it is browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Rest the steak for a few minutes before slicing it thinly and adding it to the salad.
Can I make an autumn steak salad in advance?
Yes, an autumn steak salad can be made in advance, but it’s important to store it properly to keep it fresh. You can store the salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
What dressing goes well with an autumn steak salad?
A tangy vinaigrette dressing with a touch of sweetness is ideal for an autumn steak salad. You can use a classic balsamic vinaigrette, a maple dijon dressing, or a honey mustard dressing.
What kind of greens should I use for an autumn steak salad?
For an autumn steak salad, you want to use hearty greens that can stand up to the other ingredients. Kale, arugula, and spinach are all great options. You can also use mixed greens or a blend of your favorite greens.
Can I make an autumn steak salad without meat?
Yes, you can make an autumn salad without meat and still have a delicious and filling meal. You can use roasted or grilled vegetables, nuts, and cheeses to add flavor and texture to the salad.
Try More Recipes:
Pioneer Woman Autumn Steak Salad Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 519 kcal
- Total Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 1141mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Total Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 15g