Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers by Paula Deen is a classic southern-style dish made with shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, and seasonings, topped with Ritz crackers and butter. It’s a comfort food that’s easy to make and perfect for feeding a crowd.
Paula Deen Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers Ingredients
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 10.5 oz can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter
How To Make Paula Deen Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter.
- Sprinkle the Ritz cracker mixture evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through.
Should You Cover A Chicken Casserole When Baking?
It depends on the desired outcome for the top of the chicken casserole. If you want to prevent the top from getting too crispy, covering the casserole with foil while baking is recommended. If you want the top to be golden brown and crispy, leave the casserole uncovered while baking. If covering the casserole, be sure to remove the foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking to allow the top to brown.
How To Store Leftover Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers
- In The Fridge: Leftover Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- In The Freezer: To freeze the Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers, let it cool to room temperature, then place it in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Label the container or bag with the date and contents. The casserole will keep in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
Can I Make Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers Ahead Of Time
Yes, you can make Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers ahead of time. Simply assemble the casserole as directed, cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
When ready, preheat the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the casserole is heated through. If the casserole has been refrigerated, you may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
How To Reheat Leftover Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers
- In The Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers in an oven-safe dish, cover with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden brown.
- In The Microwave: Place the Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers in a microwave-safe dish, cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and heat in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until heated through.
- In The Air Fryer: Place the Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 350°F and air fry for 8-10 minutes, or until heated through and the top is golden brown.
- In The Stove: Place the Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers in a saucepan, cover with a lid and heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until heated through. Stir occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning.
What To Serve With Chicken Casserole With Ritz Crackers
To serve with Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers, consider adding a side salad or steamed vegetables for a well-rounded meal. You can also pair it with crusty bread or dinner rolls to soak up any leftover sauce. Here are a few ideas for sides to serve with Chicken Casserole with Ritz Crackers:
- Green Salad
- Roasted or steamed vegetables (such as carrots, green beans, or asparagus)
- Dinner rolls or crusty bread
- Macaroni and cheese
- Mashed potatoes
- Rice or quinoa.
How Do You Make A Bland Chicken Casserole Better?
- Season generously: Add more salt, pepper, and spices to bring out the flavors of the ingredients.
- Use fresh ingredients: Use fresh, flavorful ingredients to make the casserole more delicious.
- Add herbs: Fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and basil can add depth of flavor to the casserole.
- Add sauce or broth: Mix in a flavorful sauce or broth to add moisture and richness to the casserole.
- Add cheese: Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of the casserole before baking to add flavor and texture.
- Use a crispy topping: A crispy, golden-brown topping can add texture and flavor to a bland casserole. Experiment with different toppings, such as bread crumbs, crackers, or nuts.
- Add vegetables: Add vegetables such as chopped bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms to the casserole for extra flavor and nutrition.
What Other Seasonings Can I Use?
Changing around the seasonings and flavors in this casserole is a great way to experiment. Some people like to season the cream sauce with onion and garlic powder. That’s because those are the most prevalent spices found in kitchen cabinets everywhere. Just about any flavor you’d put on chicken will work well here.
Serving size of 1 cup (240 g) of the casserole:
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 90 mg
- Sodium: 900 mg
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Tex Mex Chicken Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole Pioneer Woman
- Pioneer Woman Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 400
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 30g47%
- Saturated Fat 15g75%
- Cholesterol 90mg30%
- Sodium 900mg38%
- Total Carbohydrate 22g8%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 20g40%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.