This Parmesan Crusted White Fish is a crowd-pleaser since it just takes a few minutes to prepare, but the garlicky, crunchy breading on the tops of white fish like cod or tilapia gives it an incredible taste.
The fish is taken to a new level of deliciousness with the addition of a crispy parmesan and breadcrumb coating. Garlic butter-crusted fish with a delicious taste combination. Everything was ready in less than half an hour.
Does Parmesan Go With Fish?
Yeah, Parmesan goes well with some fish. A delightful umami flavor can be added to many fish dishes by the hard, salty cheese known as Parmesan. White fish with a Parmesan crust is a common meal that mixes the creaminess of the cheese with the delicate flavor of white fish like cod, tilapia, or haddock.
What Is The Best Tasting White Fish To Use?
Cod, haddock, halibut, sole, and tilapia are some of the best-tasting white fish. White fish with the best flavor is ultimately up to you and can change based on how you cook it and what other ingredients you add. so use any variety of those white fishes you like.
Can I Use Frozen Or Fresh Fish?
White fish with a parmesan crust can be made using either fresh or frozen fish. If you’re going to be using frozen fish, give it a night in the fridge to defrost before you cook it. Look for fresh or properly frozen and thawed seafood that is of good durability and quality.
The Best Tempirature To Bake White Fish In Oven
White fish should be baked in the oven at a temperature between 400 and 450 degrees Fahrenheit, but it’s vital to monitor the fish regularly to ensure it’s cooked to perfection.
So its best to keep an eye on the fish while its in the oven and take it out when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 or when it flakes easily with a fork.
Here are some general guidelines for baking parmesan crusted white fish at different temperatures:
- At 400°F: Bake the fish for 12-15 minutes.
- At 425°F: Bake the fish for 10-12 minutes.
- At 450°F: Bake the fish for 8-10 minutes.
In case you opt for using cod in this recipe, here is a recommended baking time as a guideline for baking cod at 400°F.
Parmesan Crusted White Fish Ingredients
- 3 pieces Any white fish
- 2 tablespoon panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- olive oil to coat fish
- salt and pepper fish to taste
How To Cook Parmesan Crusted White Fish?
- Prepare the oven by preheating it to 425 degrees.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder, chopped parsley, and a pinch of salt, then add butter that has been melted. Give a good mix
- On a baking sheet, line the fish with parchment paper, brush it with olive oil, then very gently season it with salt and pepper. Just the right amount for seasoning fish.
- Spread the crust evenly across the top of each fish, then press it down. It shouldn’t be difficult to stick to the crust. Bake for 15–20 minutes in the preheated 425 degrees oven. Check it after 15 minutes since the browning will start quite quickly.
- For gluten-free, use gluten-free breadcrumbs. That can be done in a few easy steps. Gluten-free breadcrumbs may be found up there.
- To make this dish keto-friendly, simply swap out the breadcrumbs for pork panko and keep the crunch! There are just 4g of net carbohydrates in the crust per serving of fish, but if you’re watching your carb intake, you can always leave them out. Keep in mind that the crunchiness of the crust comes from the breadcrumbs.
- The thickness of fish matters. Most white fish is very thin, but cod can be thicker; if cooking a thicker fish like cod, reduce the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
How To Use Mayo In This Recipe
Mayonnaise can be used as a sauce or Topping to serve with your baked parmesan crusted white fish. Here’s an example of how to use mayo after baking the fish:
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and minced garlic to make a tangy and flavorful sauce.
- Serve the parmesan crusted white fish on a plate and drizzle the sauce over the top of the fish.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or dill, for added flavor and presentation.
Other Cooking Methods
Parmesan crusted white fish can also be prepared in the pan or air fryer, both of which are highly recommended alternatives. For each approach, here are some pointers:
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat and add a bit of olive oil to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Flip the fish carefully to prevent breaking the crust and transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the fish with lemon wedges or a side of tartar sauce to add a bit of zest.
Cooking time: Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until it’s cooked through.
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and lightly coat the basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Arrange the fish in a single layer in the basket, making sure they’re not touching each other.
- Serve the fish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or a side of roasted vegetables for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Cooking time: Cook the fish for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
What To Serve With Parmesan Crusted White Fish?
To serve with parmesan crusted white fish, consider a simple side salad, grilled or roasted vegetables, or a heartier option like quinoa or roasted potatoes. Keep the sides light and flavorful to let the fish be the star of the dish.
Here Is A list of Sides That goes well with baked Parmesan Crusted Fish:
How Long Can Leftover Parmesan Crusted Fish Last?
- In the refrigerator: To store your leftover parmesan crusted white fish, put it in an airtight container and refrigerate it once it’s cool. Try to eat it within 3-4 days to keep it fresh!
- In the freezer: Parmesan crusted white fish can also be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Wrap the fish tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
How To Reheat in The Oven, Microwave And in Air Fryer
- Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and place your parmesan crusted white fish on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Microwave: Place the parmesan crusted white fish on a microwave-safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel. Heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until the fish is heated through.
- Air fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (180°C) and place your parmesan crusted white fish in the basket. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the fish is heated through and crispy.
Parmesan Crusted Fish Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 298
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 1.1g
- Sodium 440mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g
- Sugars 2.5g
- Protein 19g
Try More Recipes:
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 298
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 13g20%
- Saturated Fat 1.1g6%
- Sodium 440mg19%
- Total Carbohydrate 26g9%
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g5%
- Sugars 2.5g
- Protein 19g38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.