This Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Recipe is typical of a Hawaiian lunch dish, with its creamy zesty flavor. There is a distinct difference between Hawaiian-style macaroni salad and your typical pasta salad.
You can prepare this creamy macaroni salad in just a few minutes owing to the use of apple cider vinegar and a few simple ingredients.
Try More Recipes From us:
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- It’s easy, creamy, and oh-so-delicious.
- For backyard barbecues, potlucks, or the traditional Hawaiian plate lunches, it’s the perfect side dish.
- Suitable for all ages.
- Budget-friendly, easy to make, and a crowd-pleaser all at once.
Is Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Healthy?
The Ono Hawaiian BBQ Macaroni Salad isn’t healthy because it’s packed with mayo. That’s why it’s so great. If you’re worried about your health, you may replace Greek yogurt in whatever quantities you like (i.e. half mayo, half Greek yogurt). Mac salad with Greek yogurt is delicious, but it’s not quite the same.
Can Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Sure thing! Ono Hawaiian BBQ Macaroni Salad may be made ahead of time, however, you may need to add a few tablespoons of milk the next day to make it more manageable. Wait until the last minute to add more green onions to the dish.
Ingredients That You’ll Need:
- Pasta – Macaroni and noodles with an Elbow shape are often utilized. Cellentani pasta, which has a more curling corkscrew form, is one of my favorites.
- Carrots – The quickest and easiest way to prepare carrots is in matchsticks, but chopped or shredded carrots also work well.
- Mayonnaise – Using a well-known brand of Mayo is preferable. This is a must-have component. Best Foods or even Dukes Mayo, with its richer, bolder flavor, is fantastic.
- Sugar – Sugar is used in this Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad dish, but in little amounts. Dixie Sugar has always been a favorite of mine. A beautiful white sugar, it has a delicate flavor that I enjoy.
- Vinegar – Vinegar made from apples is the finest. In a pinch, white vinegar will do.
- Milk – However, this recipe may easily be done using 1 percent or even Almond Milk.
- Broth – Use a broth while pressure cooking noodles (Chicken or vegetable broth). Extra flavor will be added to the noodles. It’s my insider tip for a delicious dish!
- The use of green onions on top of shredded onions in the dish is entirely optional.
Can I Make Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad On The Stove?
Yes, absolutely. To cook the pasta, follow the manufacturer’s instructions found on the package.
Can I Use Other Types Of Pasta?
This Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad is best served with short-cut macaroni. The taste is sealed inside the pasta’s tube because of the hole in the center. Rotelle, cavatappi, and ditalini are all good options for this recipe. Conchiglie or “shells” of varying sizes would be a wonderful addition to this dish.
How To Make Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad
Instant Pot Directions:
- Fill the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker halfway with water or broth and add the macaroni, being careful to spread it out evenly on the bottom.
- Close the lid and set the pressure cooker to Manual (Pressure Cook) high for 4 minutes, followed by a 4-minute Natural Release (NR) and then a quick release (QR) of the residual pressure.
- Drain pasta after rinsing it in cold water.
- Toss the noodles with the slivered carrots and Apple Cider Vinegar. Place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and milk. To blend, whisk everything together.
- then Pour over cooled spaghetti and top with garlic if desired.
- To coat, toss everything together. Allow for 4 hours or overnight marinating.
- If preferred, add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Drain and rinse the pasta. Toss in the carrot slivers and Apple Cider Vinegar to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar, and milk. Pour over cooled spaghetti and whisk to incorporate.
- If using, add garlic and stir to coat. Allow for 4 hours or overnight marinating.
- If preferred, add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad is best served cold.
What Do You Serve With Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad?
- Smoky ribs
- Hot dogs
- Grilled chicken
- Pork chops
- Hawaiian rolls
- Chat Pate Pakora
- Steamed white rice
- Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
- Huli Huli chicken
- Fried Potatoes and Onions
- Teriyaki chicken
Can You Freeze Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad?
Yes, you can, although it alters the texture a little. For this Ono Hawaiian BBQ Macaroni Salad recipe, you may freeze it for up to three days because of the use of mayo. Remove the salad from the freezer and store it in the refrigerator to defrost before using. Because of its perishability, mayonnaise should not be allowed to defrost on the counter.
Can I Make The Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Dressing Lighter?
A creamy Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad can only be made using full-fat mayonnaise, which is the ideal ingredient. The recipe’s fat and calorie content can be reduced by half by using low-fat or no-fat mayonnaise. However, thickening chemicals like cornstarch have been added, thus the texture may be slightly different. For a tangier flavor, you can use nonfat plain Greek yogurt instead.
How To Make Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Creamy?
Adding the sauce shortly before serving or reserving half of the dressing for just before serving ensures that the pasta salad is creamy and flavorful.
What Does Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Salad Taste Like?
In contrast to typical macaroni salads, which tend to be salty and bland, Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad has a sweet and tangy vinaigrette. An acquired taste is required to enjoy Hawaii’s Macaroni and Cheese.
YES! You can, of course. Keep in mind that each type of gluten-free noodles takes a little different amount of time to cook than the next. So, either alter the cooking time in the Instant Pot or use a stovetop to cook the noodles. To soften the gluten-free noodles, I’d add an additional 1/2 cup of water or broth.
Which Mayonnaise Brand Is The Best?
It’s crucial to remember that using a decent brand of Mayonnaise is important for the best outcomes. I like to use Best Foods or Hellmann’s. Substituting Miracle Whip in this Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad dish will give poor results and is not encouraged.
Is It Really Necessary To Boil The Pasta In Water Or Broth?
It does matter if you use a Pressure Cooker or an Instant Pot while making pasta. The taste of the liquid will permeate the pasta. Pasta cooked with chicken or vegetable broth is a favorite of mine since it adds so much flavor to the dish.
Ono Hawaiian Bbq Macaroni Salad Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Try More Recipes:
Serving Size 1 Cup
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 414
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 19g30%
- Saturated Fat 3g15%
- Cholesterol 10mg4%
- Sodium 586mg25%
- Potassium 136mg4%
- Total Carbohydrate 52g18%
- Dietary Fiber 3g12%
- Sugars 16.2g
- Protein 7.4g15%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.