Mushroom quiche is a classic dish that is perfect for any meal of the day, from breakfast to brunch to dinner. Jamie Oliver’s mushroom quiche recipe takes this traditional dish to the next level with its rich, flavorful filling and crisp pastry crust. Whether you’re a vegetarian or simply looking for a tasty and satisfying meal, this mushroom quiche is sure to please.
In this article, we’ll explore Jamie Oliver’s mushroom quiche recipe in detail, including tips for making the perfect pastry crust, preparing the mushroom filling, and baking the quiche to perfection.
More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Moroccan Chicken Soup
- Jamie Oliver Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup
- Jamie Oliver Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
💓 Why You’ll Love This Mushroom Quiche Jamie Oliver
There are so many reasons to love Jamie Oliver’s mushroom quiche recipe! Here are just a few:
- Rich, flavorful filling: The combination of mushrooms, thyme, and gruyere cheese creates a filling that is packed with flavor and satisfyingly rich.
- Perfectly crisp crust: Jamie’s recipe includes tips for making a perfectly crisp and buttery pastry crust that is the perfect complement to the savory filling.
- Versatility: Mushroom quiche is a versatile dish that can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It’s also a great option for vegetarian meals.
- Make-ahead: Quiches are a great make-ahead dish, as they can be prepared in advance and reheated as needed. This makes them perfect for entertaining or meal prep.
- Leftovers: Leftover quiche can be stored in the fridge for several days and reheated as needed. It’s a great option for quick and easy meals throughout the week.
Overall, Jamie Oliver’s mushroom quiche recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that is sure to become a favorite in your recipe collection.
What Is Mushroom Quiche Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Mushroom quiche is a classic dish created by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. It is a savory tart with a rich custard filling that is filled with mushrooms, onions, and a variety of spices. The quiche can be served hot or cold and is the perfect dish for any special occasion.
For the pastry crust:
For the mushroom filling:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
🔪How To Make Mushroom Quiche Jamie Oliver
- Make the pastry crust: In a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, and salt until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg yolk and ice water and pulse until the dough comes together. Form the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Roll out the pastry dough on a floured surface and line a 9-inch (23 cm) tart pan with the dough. Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork.
- Make the mushroom filling: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they release their liquid and are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream. Stir in the grated gruyere cheese.
- Spread the mushroom mixture evenly in the pastry crust. Pour the egg and cream mixture over the mushrooms.
- Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the perfect mushroom quiche using Jamie Oliver’s recipe:
- Use cold butter: For the pastry crust, it’s important to use cold butter. This will help create a flaky and tender crust.
- Chill the pastry dough: After making the pastry dough, be sure to wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes. This will help the dough relax and prevent it from shrinking when baked.
- Blind bake the crust: To prevent the crust from becoming soggy, it’s important to blind bake it before adding the filling. To do this, line the pastry with parchment paper and fill it with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the parchment paper and weights and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden.
- Cook the mushrooms properly: When cooking the mushrooms, be sure to let them release their liquid and cook until they are tender. This will help prevent them from releasing too much moisture into the quiche.
- Use good quality cheese: Gruyere cheese is a great choice for this recipe, as its nutty flavor pairs well with the mushrooms. Be sure to use a good quality cheese for the best flavor.
- Let the quiche cool before slicing: After baking, it’s important to let the quiche cool for a few minutes before slicing. This will help the filling set and make it easier to slice and serve.
By following these tips, you can make a delicious and perfectly cooked mushroom quiche using Jamie Oliver’s recipe.
Here’s a table that shows different cooking times for Jamie Oliver’s mushroom quiche recipe:
|Cooking Method||Temperature||Cooking Time|
|Baking in a Tart Pan||375°F (190°C)||35-40 minutes|
|Mini Quiches||375°F (190°C)||15-20 minutes|
|Individual Ramekins||375°F (190°C)||20-25 minutes|
Note: The cooking times may vary depending on the oven and the size of the quiche or ramekins used. It’s important to check the quiche frequently and adjust the cooking time accordingly. The quiche is done when the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
🍴 What To Serve With Mushroom Quiche?
There are many delicious sides that pair well with mushroom quiche. Here are some ideas:
With these side dishes, you can create a balanced and delicious meal that complements the rich and savory flavors of mushroom quiche.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
Here are some ways to store leftover mushroom quiche:
- Refrigerator: Store leftover quiche in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, place the quiche in the oven or microwave until heated through.
- Freezer: Quiche can also be frozen for up to 2-3 months. Wrap the quiche in plastic wrap and then foil to prevent freezer burn. To reheat, thaw the quiche in the refrigerator overnight and then bake in the oven until heated through.
- Sliced Portions: You can slice the leftover quiche into portions and wrap each slice in plastic wrap. This makes it easy to grab a slice for a quick meal or snack.
It’s important to note that the texture of the quiche may change slightly after it has been refrigerated or frozen. However, it should still be delicious and enjoyable.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are a few ways to reheat leftover mushroom quiche:
It’s important to note that the reheating time may vary depending on the size of the quiche and the type of oven used. Be sure to check the quiche frequently to prevent it from burning or becoming overcooked.
What type of pastry dough is used for Mushroom Quiche?
Shortcrust pastry is the most common pastry dough used for Mushroom Quiche. It is a type of pastry dough that is made with butter, flour, and salt. The dough is rolled out and then used to line the pie dish or tart tin before adding the filling.
How long does it take to bake Mushroom Quiche?
Mushroom Quiche typically takes 25–30 minutes to bake in an oven preheated to 375°F (190°C). The quiche is cooked when the center is set and the edges of the crust are golden brown.
What type of mushrooms are best for Mushroom Quiche?
White button mushrooms are the most common type of mushrooms used for Mushroom Quiche. They are mild and have a slightly sweet, earthy flavor. Other types of mushrooms that work well are cremini, shiitake, oyster, or porcini.
What type of pastry crust should be used for Mushroom Quiche?
A buttery pastry crust is best for Mushroom Quiche. You can either make your own pastry crust or use store-bought dough. If making your own pastry crust, it should be made with equal parts of flour, butter, and salt. The pastry should be chilled before rolling it out and blind-baking it in the oven.
How do you assemble the Mushroom Quiche?
The Mushroom Quiche should be assembled by first blind-baking the pastry crust. The cooked mushrooms should then be spread evenly into the bottom of the pastry crust. The eggs, milk or cream, and other desired ingredients should then be added to the tart. The tart should be baked in a preheated oven at 375°F for 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the center of the quiche is no longer jiggly.
How can you make a vegetarian Mushroom Quiche?
To make a vegetarian Mushroom Quiche, simply omit the milk or cream and use vegetable broth instead. You can also add additional vegetables, such as spinach and zucchini, to the tart.
Try More Recipes:
- Jamie Oliver 30 Minute Tomato Soup Meal
- Jamie Oliver Beef And Vegetable Soup
- Jamie Oliver Pumpkin And Sweet Potato Soup
Mushroom Quiche Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 439
- Total Fat: 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 19.7 g
- Cholesterol: 276 mg
- Sodium: 854 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Protein: 16.7 g
- Vitamin A: 725 IU
- Vitamin C: 0.2 mg
- Calcium: 167 mg
- Iron: 2.4 mg