Miso salmon is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for anyone looking to add more fish to their diet. The recipe, created by renowned chef Jamie Oliver, is both simple and flavorful, making it a great choice for busy weeknights or weekend dinners. The combination of rich and savory miso paste with the delicate flavor of salmon is a match made in culinary heaven. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out in the kitchen, you’re sure to love this recipe.
More Recipes From us:
💓 Why You’ll Love This Miso Salmon Jamie Oliver
Here are some reasons why you’ll love this miso salmon Jamie Oliver recipe:
- Quick and easy: The recipe is quick and easy to make, with minimal prep time and just a few simple ingredients.
- Healthy and nutritious: Salmon is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart and brain health.
- Delicious flavor: The miso paste adds a rich, savory flavor to the salmon, making it both flavorful and satisfying.
- Versatile: This recipe is versatile and can be served with a variety of sides, making it a great option for a weeknight dinner or a dinner party.
- Budget-friendly: Salmon can be an expensive fish, but this recipe is budget-friendly, using just a few ingredients to create a delicious and satisfying meal.
This miso salmon Jamie Oliver recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a healthy, flavorful, and easy-to-make meal.
What Is Miso Salmon Jamie Oliver Recipe?
Miso salmon Jamie Oliver recipe is a delicious and healthy dish made with salmon fillets marinated in a mixture of miso paste, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. The salmon is then baked in the oven until it’s tender, flaky, and perfectly cooked. The marinade not only adds great flavor to the salmon but also helps to keep it moist and juicy. This recipe is quick and easy to make and is perfect for anyone who wants to add more fish to their diet without sacrificing flavor or nutrition.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. white miso paste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
🔪How To Make Miso Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the miso paste, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger.
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish, skin-side down.
- Spoon the miso mixture over the salmon fillets, spreading it evenly to coat the tops.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
- Optional: sprinkle the green onions and sesame seeds over the salmon before serving. Serve hot and enjoy!
This recipe is simple and easy to make, with just a few ingredients, but the result is a flavorful and nutritious dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a fan of salmon or just looking for a healthy and delicious meal, miso salmon Jamie Oliver is definitely worth trying!
⏱ How Long To Bake Miso Salmon
Here’s a table showing different ways to bake miso salmon and how long to cook it:
|Regular baking||400°F (200°C)||12-15 minutes|
|Broiling||500°F (260°C)||6-8 minutes|
|Slow baking||325°F (165°C)||25-30 minutes|
|Convection baking||375°F (190°C)||10-12 minutes|
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets and your oven, so it’s important to check the salmon frequently and adjust the cooking time accordingly to prevent overcooking.
When baking miso salmon, it’s important to make sure that the salmon is cooked through but not overcooked, as this can make the fish dry and tough. Baking at a high temperature for a short time, like regular baking or broiling, can help to achieve a crispy exterior while keeping the interior moist and tender. Slow baking or convection baking can also work well, but may take a bit longer to cook the salmon through.
Here are some recipe tips to help you make the best miso salmon Jamie Oliver:
🍴 What To Serve With Miso Salmon?
Miso salmon Jamie Oliver is a delicious and versatile dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. Here are some suggestions for what to serve with miso salmon:
- Rice: Steamed rice is a classic side dish that complements the flavors of the miso salmon perfectly. You can also try serving the salmon with fried rice or rice noodles for a more flavorful and filling meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, or green beans, are a great side dish to balance the richness of the salmon. Roasting the veggies brings out their natural sweetness and adds a nice crispy texture.
- Salad: A fresh and crunchy salad can also be a great accompaniment to miso salmon. Try a simple green salad with a tangy dressing, or a more substantial salad with grains and nuts for added protein and fiber.
- Miso Soup: A bowl of miso soup on the side can be a great way to continue the flavors of miso and make the meal even more satisfying.
🥶 How To Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers of miso salmon Jamie Oliver, you can store them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. Here are some tips on how to store miso salmon:
- Let it cool: Let the miso salmon cool down to room temperature before storing it. This will help prevent bacteria growth and keep the salmon fresh.
- Store in an airtight container: Place the leftover salmon in an airtight container to keep it from drying out or absorbing any unwanted flavors from other foods in the fridge.
- Cover with plastic wrap: Cover the salmon with plastic wrap, making sure that the wrap is touching the surface of the salmon. This will help to prevent it from getting too dry or developing a tough exterior.
- Label and date: Label the container with the date of storage so you know how long it has been in the fridge.
🌡️ How To Reheat Leftovers
Here are some ways to reheat leftover miso salmon Jamie Oliver:
The method you choose, make sure to heat the salmon evenly to avoid any cold spots in the center. Also, be careful not to overheat it, as this can cause the salmon to dry out and become tough.
Can I use bottled ginger or garlic?
Yes, you can use bottled ginger or garlic if you don’t have fresh ones on hand, but keep in mind that the flavor may not be as strong as fresh ones.
Can I marinate the salmon overnight?
Yes, you can marinate the salmon in the miso mixture for up to 24 hours to enhance the flavor and texture.
Can I use other types of miso paste?
Yes, you can use other types of miso paste, such as red or yellow miso, but keep in mind that the flavor and color may vary.
Can I make miso salmon on the grill?
Yes, you can make miso salmon on the grill by placing the salmon fillets on a preheated grill and cooking them for a few minutes on each side.
How can I tell if the salmon is cooked through?
You can tell if the salmon is cooked through by checking the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The temperature should read 145°F (63°C) for cooked salmon.
Can I use skinless salmon fillets?
Yes, you can use skinless salmon fillets for this recipe, but keep in mind that the skin helps to keep the salmon moist and adds flavor and texture.
Miso Salmon Jamie Oliver Nutrition Fact
- Calories: 186
- Total Fat: 10.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 247 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Sugars: 8.9 g
- Protein: 4.7 g