This Mince Pasta Bake Recipe by Jamie Oliver is the epitome of home-cooked comfort food with its meaty, creamy sauce and copious amounts of cheese. It is perfect for a hectic evening, and it is perfect for feeding a large group of people.
Try More Recipes From us:
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk
- Jamie Oliver Butternut Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
- Jamie Oliver Cauliflower Stilton Soup
Mince Pasta Bake Recipe Jamie Oliver Ingredients
- Penne Pasta: I believe that the ideal pasta to use for this dish is penne because of its form, which allows it to hold the sauce effectively.
- Lean Ground Beef: When I make ground beef, I want to use lean ground beef so that there isn’t a lot of grease or fat in the dish. Feel free to use sausage in place of some of the ground beef if you want the dish to have additional flavor.
- Onion: is a fantastic ingredient for adding taste. Garlic cloves, minced, added to the dish would also be a nice addition.
- Marinara Sauce: Make sure to choose a marinara sauce that you have a strong affinity for while preparing this dish. It is not recommended to use undiluted tomato sauce due to the lack of taste it would impart. My go-to marinara sauce is one that is loaded with all kinds of different Italian herbs and spices.
- Sour Cream: The creamy texture of the meal might be attributed to the use of sour cream. You could technically omit it, but the dish won’t have the same creamy texture, and it’s one of the things that I really enjoy about this recipe the most!
- Cheeses: of all kinds—Provolone, Mozzarella, and Parmesan—Yes, it’s cheesy, and perhaps that’s why my children enjoy it so much. The combination of all three cheeses is one of my favorite things ever. And I always use sliced provolone since I believe that adds an extra layer of cheesiness to the dish.
- Parsley: is optional, but I like to include it whenever possible since I think it gives the dish a nice pop of color.
How To Make Mince Pasta Bake Recipe Jamie Oliver
- Start the cooking process by bringing a big pot of salted water to a boil. After adding the pasta, continue cooking it until it is “al dente.” Drain.
- In the meantime, the ground beef should be browned in a big pan. After adding the onion, continue to sauté it until it has softened. After adding the spaghetti sauce, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Mix in the sour cream using a spoon. After the pasta has been drained, add it to the sauce and mix well.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking dish with a capacity of 2 quarts by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. Place one-half of the spaghetti in the dish intended for baking. Place one-half of the provolone and one-half of the mozzarella on top of the pizza. After that, spoon the remaining spaghetti on top, then layer the other cheeses (Provolone, Mozzarella, and Parmesan), and finish with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
- Bake for approximately thirty minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Before serving, sprinkle the dish with little chopped parsley.
What To Serve With Mince Pasta Baked?
- Punaluu Hawaiian Sweet Bread Recipe
- Bread, Dinner Rolls, or Cornbread.
- Chicken And Aubergine
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes Or Butternut Squash.
- Potato Salad
- Potato Wedges.
- Chicken Nuggets And French Fries
How To Store Mince Pasta Baked?
Any leftovers should be stored in the refrigerator. You can keep the Jamie Oliver recipe for mince pasta bake covered and preserved in the refrigerator for up to four days.
How To Freeze Mince Pasta Baked?
This dish may be stored nicely in the freezer. It is possible to put together the entire dish, cover it, and then freeze it either before or after you bake it. In any case, check that it has totally cooled before placing it in the freezer. Before you bake it, you should first let it defrost in the refrigerator for a whole night. As an additional time-saving option, leftovers may be frozen into individual servings and then warmed in the microwave as needed. However, if you are cooking more than one dish, I do not think the microwave is the best option.
How To Reheat Mince Pasta Baked?
In The Oven:
- Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat.
- Put the Baked Mince Pasta in a dish that can go in the oven and has a lid or foil that you can cover it with.
- Include between one and two teaspoons of chicken stock or water in the recipe.
- Make a pasta bake using the leftovers you have by adding extra cheese to the dish.
- Bake the pasta by placing it in the oven to do so.
- After 10 minutes, give the minced pasta a toss, then cover it once again and continue heating it for another 5 minutes. At this stage, the additional liquid ought to generate steam and heat the noodles all the way through.
In The Microwave:
- Put the Baked Mince Pasta with sauce in a bowl that can withstand the microwave and is either equipped with a lid or can be covered with plastic wrap.
- Cover the spaghetti by placing a leaf of romaine lettuce on top of it and then covering it.
- Cook for around three minutes over medium/high heat. If you are wondering how long it will take to reheat Baked Mince Pasta in the microwave, plan for approximately four to five minutes.
- Remove lettuce (which has moisture and will keep the pasta from drying out).
- Stir, then continue to cook for another minute or two, until the food is heated.
- In this dish, you could theoretically use whatever type of pasta you choose, but in my experience, the best results come from using short cut pasta. Penne is one of my favorite pastas since the sauce has a wonderful ability to adhere to the pasta. In addition, this is the one that my children like the most, which is always a decisive factor!
- If you can get shredded Provolone, you can use it instead of the pieces of cheese in this recipe; nevertheless, I feel that the slices of cheese give the dish a more authentic flavor.
- This Penne Pasta Bake is perfect for having for lunch the next day!
- This baked spaghetti dish can be prepared in advance if desired. Prepare it up until just before you put it in the oven. After having been covered and stored in the refrigerator, bring it to room temperature approximately half an hour before baking it. It’s possible that the baking time will need to be extended by a few minutes. When the cheese is completely melted and bubbling, you will know that it is ready to be served.
Try More Recipes:
Mince Pasta Bake Recipe Jamie Oliver Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
- Calories 667
- Total Fat 22g
- Saturated Fat 6.5g
- Cholesterol 62mg
- Sodium 637mg
- Potassium 1135mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84g
- Dietary Fiber 11g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 35g
- Vitamin A 69%
- Vitamin C 76%
- Calcium 16%
- Iron 37%
Nutrition Facts Source: Source
Serving Size 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 667
- Calories from Fat 195
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 22g34%
- Saturated Fat 6.5g33%
- Trans Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 62mg21%
- Sodium 637mg27%
- Potassium 1135mg33%
- Total Carbohydrate 84g29%
- Dietary Fiber 11g44%
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 35g70%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.